Lowcountry MINIS Club (Charleston, SC) The Lowcountry MINIS Club forum (Charleston, SC). Visit our club site at www.wecantdrive.com/forum/portal.php

Charleston Lowcountry MINIS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
my_mini_me
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charleston Lowcountry MINIS

I have noticed that the Lowcountry MINIS Club needs some help. I would like to try to propose some ideas and get this club closer as a family. I noticed that the lasted post on this page was awhile ago, I also went to the "Club webpage" were you can view a couple of photos and thats about it. When I think of a "club" I think of a family/friends and it seems to me like no one in this club is actually interested in it. It seems someone made a link and stopped working on it. When you go to the other links they have "real" pages, but I live in the charleston area and I want to rep the charleston area. I would like to see this club come together, but I do not know who is in control and who do I need to work with to make this work. I joined the Charleston Lowcountry MINIS for a reason on their webpage and that was to be a part of a club. Like I said, I was just putting my opinion out and I hope to see something come out of this.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
chadtoolio
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by my_mini_me
I have noticed that the Lowcountry MINIS Club needs some help. I would like to try to propose some ideas and get this club closer as a family. I noticed that the lasted post on this page was awhile ago, I also went to the "Club webpage" were you can view a couple of photos and thats about it. When I think of a "club" I think of a family/friends and it seems to me like no one in this club is actually interested in it. It seems someone made a link and stopped working on it. When you go to the other links they have "real" pages, but I live in the charleston area and I want to rep the charleston area. I would like to see this club come together, but I do not know who is in control and who do I need to work with to make this work. I joined the Charleston Lowcountry MINIS for a reason on their webpage and that was to be a part of a club. Like I said, I was just putting my opinion out and I hope to see something come out of this.
Like stated in many threads, all ideas are open....as for the webpage, it was just started like a week or so ago and was done off of this site so that our "Club Family's" pictures could be in one spot, with a calender of events. BTW, there is one that is coming up....a Mod and Meet with details in the same thread. We seem to have only a few that are posting and not many really getting involved......so if your up for it, put some ideas out there.

Chad

Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 AM
my_mini_me
1st Gear
Yeah, I started looking at the dates yesterday and noticed it was just started so my bad on jumping to conclusions... but nice to meet you Chad, Im Josh. I didn't want to get started on the wrong foot with the last comment. But, I would like to help and get involved and try to get this club bigger and get as many Minis in that we can and just have a good ol' time! I am still getting use to the whole NAM layout. So if you ever need anything just ask... I will brainstorm up some Ideas and see what I come up with.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
LowCountry S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see some enthusiasm around here! I've been trying to get more participation for awhile now but very few seem to be interested. It's understandable with the economy and whatnot. Come to the Mod meet next week and meet the people who do like to show up and we'll try and hash out some more ideas to increase our local participation. I must see about 4/5 MINIs a day now on my way to work (usually different ones from the day before) so there are alot of owners about, just not that many "carguys" I guess.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:21 AM
my_mini_me
1st Gear
Just let me know when and where and I will try my hardest to make it. This month I will be up in NC for my wedding from the 14th to the 25th. So I will not be able to make the monthly meeting, but I will be at the mod and meet.

And also, Chad, do you know someone that just bought or was looking at a car from the Chevy Marothon place on rivers ave.? because I had some issues with them about a door lock and someone came up to me and told me he knew someone that worked on minis and his name was chad and he gave me his number. I never called because I got the issue takin care of without paying anything. That would be wierd if it was you.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 AM
chadtoolio
5th Gear
Just let me know when and where and I will try my hardest to make it. This month I will be up in NC for my wedding from the 14th to the 25th. So I will not be able to make the monthly meeting, but I will be at the mod and meet.

And also, Chad, do you know someone that just bought or was looking at a car from the Chevy Marothon place on rivers ave.? because I had some issues with them about a door lock and someone came up to me and told me he knew someone that worked on minis and his name was chad and he gave me his number. I never called because I got the issue takin care of without paying anything. That would be wierd if it was you.

I wouldn't be surprised....I've been wrenching in Charleston for right at 20 years. Worked for the BMW/MINI dealer from 1999-2009 and then opened my shop in May. I know a decent amount of BMW MINI people and have done side work for a long time. Any Referrals get a free t-shirt

Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 AM
my_mini_me
1st Gear
I will call the number today to see who picks up...

Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
chadtoolio
5th Gear
I will call the number today to see who picks up...

LOL....it was me

Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
jewitcher
2nd Gear
ok mini has you have been spotted cards with the web site on them.
We put on any mini we see parked asking them to join us.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Mad piper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jewitcher
ok mini has you have been spotted cards with the web site on them.
We put on any mini we see parked asking them to join us.
We already have flyers made up, we can use those.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
my_mini_me
1st Gear
Can you send or link the flyers? If so I will print some out. If not, then can you bring some to the Mod N Meet next week for us?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Mad piper
2nd Gear
Can you send or link the flyers? If so I will print some out. If not, then can you bring some to the Mod N Meet next week for us?
I will. I keep a stack in my car.