Lowcountry MINIS Club (Charleston, SC) The Lowcountry MINIS Club forum (Charleston, SC). Visit our club site at www.wecantdrive.com/forum/portal.php

Club Ideas

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 AM
LowCountry S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Club Ideas

so what do we need to do to get more participation locally? Have a different (we now use the 3rd Sunday of the month) set day,time, location for meetings? put it in the newspaper along with the other car club/show info on Saturdays? Schedule drives somewhere ( Beaufort? HiltonHead? Savannah?) what? I've tried different locations; most we had was 10 @ Hooter's, now it's down to 2 or 3 of us.The dealship made some overtures before to get us there, and I know Hendrick's has a great relationship with the M2C2 club in NC. I'm open to any and all suggestions...........

Old 07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
chadtoolio
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, get an active moderator so that we can clean up our forum....I have had no response from NAM as of yet for that request.

Second, I would like to have a quarterly meet and mod at my shop, where we can gather, cook out do some installs with everyones participation....In other words if your not mechanically savvy and want something done, either A. participate in the install or B. Help out with some of the other duties..Maybe a group car detail while yours is worked on. The use of the shop, for the day would be free as would the labor. Maybe a donation to a Charity or something like that would be ok.

Third, how about a group registry with email and such so that everyone will get the notice for the meeting without having to come onto NAM.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Mad piper
2nd Gear
I love install days. I think that would help out a lot of the new people, plus get them to take a little more pride in their car which might lead to attending autox's, planned drives, etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:14 AM
LowCountry S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all of those are great ideas Chad, and I'm down for whatever, you know.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Mad piper
2nd Gear
OK, we're getting a little bit more organized...here is the yahoo group address: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lowcountrymini/

Last edited by Mad piper; 08-20-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 AM
CodeMonkey4
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chadtoolio View Post
First off, get an active moderator so that we can clean up our forum....I have had no response from NAM as of yet for that request.

Second, I would like to have a quarterly meet and mod at my shop, where we can gather, cook out do some installs with everyones participation....In other words if your not mechanically savvy and want something done, either A. participate in the install or B. Help out with some of the other duties..Maybe a group car detail while yours is worked on. The use of the shop, for the day would be free as would the labor. Maybe a donation to a Charity or something like that would be ok.

Third, how about a group registry with email and such so that everyone will get the notice for the meeting without having to come onto NAM.
Did anything ever happen with any of these ideas? I'm all for the install days. I'm in the exact position you mentioned and would love to participate.

I wonder if we could drum up some interest with a group decal/vinyl purchase for a/the local mini club. Awareness is a big thing. The other part is hitting the demographic and keeping the dealer(s) involved if possible. I know I see most of the mini's places like Downtown, etc. Maybe we get some free cards made with some basic info and put them on MINIs we see when we are out and about. Or make a drive or treasure hunt out of it. Have a white elephant prize for the person who took pictures of the most other minis that we know aren't part of the group yet, etc.

I know I took a lot of pride as a Subie owner and in the NASIOC groups when had my Subies. It'd be great to see the same from the local MINI scene.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:31 AM
RonnieOlive
Neutral
Joining!

Hi! ... I was just trying to find a group like this that I could join. Are there any stipulations on participating in these outings? I've had my Cooper S for almost a year now and I love it.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:40 AM
MINI-Bee
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RonnieOlive View Post
Hi! ... I was just trying to find a group like this that I could join. Are there any stipulations on participating in these outings? I've had my Cooper S for almost a year now and I love it.

I am the President of the Charleston MINI Club. Check us out an Facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CharlestonMINIClub/