JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

Adam's r58 jcw build thread. " copper cooper "

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 05:57 AM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Received 611 Likes on 482 Posts
Well this is now THE FASTEST mini I've owned, nonetheless driven or been in..
it was decently quick befor but since I put on this manifold, that really woke up the car ( also added a nice loud POP between shifts) BUT I recently had adriancl retune the car because I've put on more mods since the prior tune..
we added a little timing and dialed in it perfectly according to my afr wideband and data logs and he also upped the boost about 5psi too.. he also turned off my rear 02 so my wideband can utilize that bung AND he turned off my tpms so I could then trade my focal rims and tires along with my enkei rims for a SET OF ROTIFORMS ! these are ACTUALLY my 3rd FAVORITE style rims. So im PUMPED to get them. But lol they need new tires as these are stupidlow profile. Barely a rubberband over a rim. I will explain why below that unfortunate I need to get cheapo tires for now.
lolololol it's made the car soooooo much more powerful and responsive too. There's such little amount of boostlag I actually am kinda in awe. I haven't had a turbo car in many years and these new turbos , wow man.
btw , do you think i could fit 205/50r18 ????? Id prefer a chunkier tire for personal reasons.
don't get me wrong I MISS THE HECK out of my sprintex supercharger. liked its sound soooooooo much better than the stock mp45 and better thsn the tvs900 by far. Buuuuuut idk ?? Lol i think i like this cars turbo noise better...I've been saying it over and over BUT once I'm back home I will finally upload a video to show you guys how this car pulls AND sounds now.
i also put on much more cf trims covers in the interior and a jcw carbonfiber logo ebrake handle to match the shifter and rest of the interior. I put on different mirror covers too.
Anyways , once I get hack home I will get a set of tires ordered then BUT NEXT TIME you see some pics of the car being worked on. The pics are gonna be FROM MY HOUSE AND MYYYYYY GARAGE !
I told ya guys why I had to sell my r53's and it all worked out and long story short. MY WIFE N I BOUGHT A HOUSE !!!!!!
so we already close on our house in 7x days only as we did a fast sale and the day i get the keys is the LAST DAY i stay in this ****ing **** run apartment. Rebts gone up EVERY YEAR , they've violated their lease and did nothing about it , stopped providing cable and internet per rental agreement buy didn't reduce rent ,actually still raised it then too and when they did that our monthly payment increased over 300$ with cable snd internet bill along with rent increase. THATS INSANE ! then they pick n choose who can and cant do what here. Even though I'm by far the most respected and respectful tenant who does work on his car ( neighbors never complain, actually I help alot of them as they are elderly) they still ***** at me if I even have my hood popped in the parking lot. Then I ONLY worked on my or freinds car IN MY garage here and them they began hassle me about that too.. though I just seen a tenant keep his pos rustbucket truck ON 4X JACKSTANDS not even in a spot but parallel infront of his garage FOR 4X DAYS STRAIT !! he also left 5x big stains , all 4x tires and oilpan pissed all over the pavement. Lol but they hassle me for having my hood open lolol. So after the last run In and the fattitude having rude *** manager hassled me , we're leaving.
we can also legally break out lease too because they refused to allow us to transfer out lease and get a 3bdrm apt here ( got full placement and custody of my son ) and because of our emergency family situation and their denial of allowing us to move into a larger place. We get to now break our lease legally , lol , idiots.
we still gave them 60x notice though because we're not scumbags but how weve been treated here , the lack of maintenance and all amenities that were taken away. Im so glad to be gone...

Last edited by MiniManAdam; 04-18-2024 at 06:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (04-18-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 06:33 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Ille start by asking PLEASE anybody who has my number please drop me a text with your name and your nam s.n. I lost my phone and all my numbers too !
I lost my phone WHEN I HAD TO PULL OVER and inspect my car while traveling to see my father and get his house and property spring/summer ready. Well on the way a semi that was like 3x semi lengths infront of me had a tire explode and of course it was durring a terrible downpour so I could only swerve so much and so hard , exp with these stupid low-profile tires my rims have. So once I get off the freeway and on the exit/entrance ramp i pulled over to inspect it because i could hear **** rattling around and banging on the body. It smashed my front lip , pushed in my grill , knocked passenger mirror sideways , made another big dent on the hood. I shut my door and when I went to grab a cigarette to try and chill out I seen I left my window slightly cracked open and my interior got all wet
so I try to roll up the window and it goes up but when I shut the door it won't finish going up and fully seal now. Great. But atleast it doesn't while I'm inside driving I checked. I also noticed my fender flare has been busted too now. So im fixing stuff and as I jog around the front of the car I almost faceplant and absolutely bust my **** on the soaking wet road. Buy WTF ??? it felt like I slipped on ice. So as I grab my knee to rub it I see oil ALL OVER my shoes , pants and the ground.. WTF !!?!!
I IMMEDIATELY SEE it coming from under my car , slowly rainbowing the pavement.. so I peek under my car and see it dripping oil , pretty bad. Bad enough I wouldn't drive it because I'd **** oil on who ever drove behind me and pollute the north woods.
so I'm starting to panic because now i cant find my phone , my cars ****ed amd im stuck almoat in the middle of no where. Thxfully a lady stopped and asked if i was ok and i gavd her a quick run down of the situation and asked to plesse call my dad for me then soon as she called him thxfully my pops which was under an hr away and he came out to pick me up and take me to his place and my cottage ( next door ).
so he takes me back the next day and I bring a jack to inspect and once I get it high to enough to see , my oil pan and I could clearly see a decent sized dent and it was wet there. There was an oil stain infront of my car but not bad but I checked my dipstick and it was dry..
CRAP ! so we had to towed to my cottage and towtruck was scared to go down my driveway though weve had heavt machinery go down it with half a house at a time just fine. So he dropped it at the end of the drive way and i had my pops grab chain and put my newly installed towhook to use ( literally installed it 2x days prior ). So then I get it jacked up and on stands and inspect more , put a qt of oil in and seen it almost immediately start to leak out the pan ,from the dent.
so I ended up ordering a new pan( had it shipped over night) and a new lip shipped to my place back home and taping back on my fender flare and cut off the center section of the front lip and put the hanging off support rod abot to the side so both were atleast supporting it. GOOD NUFF to get it back home and fix everything.... lol I swear if not for bad luck I'd have no luck..
then I did all my stuff for my pops and came back home today.. i parked the car and i will check it out more tomorrow. A few more things came in the msil for it too while i was gone but i wanna get it looking normal again.
ALSO since these tires are such rubberbands , they are 195/40 tires on a 17x8 rim..lolol so i ordered 225/45zr17 tires and will get them and the new tpms installed on the 29th..
But geez , I gotta get a win eventually here soon or later..
again if we've exchanged numbers befor , please drop me a quick text so I can have your names n #s again please..

Old 04-22-2024, 02:57 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 403 Posts
Dude totally feel for ya. I had a year where it was nothing but bad luck, or was it a n14 curse? Get everything running smooth and boom something stupid. Check your intercooler and hoses as well. Note to self, keep the R53 out of Wisconsin 😂

Old 04-23-2024, 06:25 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius
Dude totally feel for ya. I had a year where it was nothing but bad luck, or was it a n14 curse? Get everything running smooth and boom something stupid. Check your intercooler and hoses as well. Note to self, keep the R53 out of Wisconsin 😂
thx for the pointers , I didn't even think to check my tubing and rad , DUH....
LOL.. i got most it back togetherand ordered a new front splitter then too so it will be back to normal in no time. I also used apoxy to fix the flare clips then also..
free repair is best repair.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:31 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
So this clutch isn't easy to drive BY any means BUT my 14yr old daughter had absolutely noooooo issue learning manual with it. Didn't stall it once and only rocked it a few times and also never grinded a gear..
this was actually only her 3rd time ever behind the wheel too..
This kids a natural man ! Her 1st time on go carts against like 30 other men n kids finished 1st ( me In 3rd) lol I played her infront of the guy who was in 1st because his cart was abit faster but once she had the lead she boxed him in on every turn for about 3x laps too.
I also womped that camaro on a freeway pull , not even down shifting , just leaving it in 6th.. just the 4cyl turbo maro but it had atleeeeeeeeast intake and exhaust and possibly other mods so for my car to beat it as well as it did even if it was stock. That's impressive

The following 2 users liked this post by MiniManAdam:
JAMADOR (04-25-2024), OutlandishnessDue (04-28-2024)
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
I did the uv dye and found my leak.. my new pan seal is still leaking a little BUT I have a pretty bad oil leak BEHIND MY HPFP ! and of course they don't sell that Oring/gasket alone so looks like I'm in the market for a new hpfp now. Dang it !
well , I got on the replacement front lip and I put on full length side flares instead if the little ones in the rear. I put of Unionjack door handle covers but had to drill them out for the door handle sensors and lol I did it PERFECT you'd think they came with the holes already.
I also put in the aluminum coolant reservoir.
I ALSO FINALLY got on my new tires which are a 225/45r17 and fit fricken PERFECT.. the tpms I bought of aliexpress fir 30$ ACTUALLY were oem bmw/mini tpms sensors , I couldn't believe it when I opened them. I expected some knock off janky hollow things but sofar actually 90% of the things I've gotten off aliexpress have exceeded my expectations actually. And shipping is always under 2x weeks too. Lol its where I've gotten almost everything for this car from the catless downpipe to all the interior and exterior add on/accents.
id suggest just browsing the app and check out all the mini stuff they got.
I didn't find any other damage thxfully underneath the car from that exploding tire I hit. buuuuuut my drivers door now WONT finish rolling up the window flush once you open and shut the door , it refuses to close up flush and stays down about 1/4 and if it rains there a small enough gap it would get wet. So until I find the cause and fix I have to either use my garage or if I'm our in the rain , once I get park , I leave it running and jump in the passenger side and roll the drivers window up and remove the key from the ignition then and go on my way.. lol good ole mini quirks..
I have bid in on a new hpfp but I womt know if I can get it at any discount until 4x more days when the auction ends so cross your fingers and toes , or your ears if you can. Because man ! I hare to have to pay full price for a hpfp when all i really need is the gasket. But maybe i could atleast sell my current hpfp since other than the seal , it's works perfectly and is oem too. So if anyone needs a replacement hpfp , hmu..
here's a video showing you guys how well this little r58 pulls , this is on a conservative tune too. I had adriancl tune it to 20psi until I had a few more mods on and the new clutch in ect so thats all done now and I got on my good tires and rims sooooooo it's time to jack up the boost and moon moontune this sucka ! I'm targeting 25psi so let's see how the car feels THEN. If it's this quick on only 20psi I can only imagine what another 40hp and 5psi could do !
ALSO I been tossing around the idea of one step up in turbo size. Im running a k04 f21 billet 46.4/56 aaaaaand I been looking at upgrading further to another k04 f21 billet BUT 46/63 SIZED so just abit bigger.. buuuut I'm gonna see how this current turbo handles the 25psi and I will give it more thought because for the price of the turbo I could get a screaming deal on a set of widebody fenders flares that'd really set the car off. They'd tie in these wider rims and tires soooooo well. But it all depends on if this little move I'm trying to make moves smoothly so again , cross ur ***** if you can for me guys because with my luck , I need any extra luck I can get..
o yea ! I also did abunch more reading and researching and found theres a newer style diverter valve that has no internal diaphragm and they claim its more responsive than the old style dv even with an alta spring ( I just tried an alta spring , the car DiD NOT like it). So I did order that to slap on and try and hope it holds boost better or allows max boost abit quicker.
aaaaaand I almost forgot got. CHECK OUT MY SWEEEEEEEEET exhaust tips !!!

Old Today, 01:52 AM
robbo mcs
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sounds like your window needs initiallising. Try pressing the control all the way down, then continue holding down for around 20s. Then all the way up, and continu holding up for another 20s. That may fix that little problem.

Old Today, 03:46 AM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Originally Posted by robbo mcs
Sounds like your window needs initiallising. Try pressing the control all the way down, then continue holding down for around 20s. Then all the way up, and continu holding up for another 20s. That may fix that little problem.
I will try that , I will look into if there is a reset procedure for it too now that you mentioned that...
thank you for the tip !!!!