big overhaul - need help/opinions - North American Motoring

big overhaul - need help/opinions

Old 09-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Neutral

big overhaul - need help/opinions

2006.5 jcw, factory I believe, with 105k on it.

Going to do a big overhaul here pretty soon - clutch is starting to slip so I'm looking to replace it and overhaul the suspension at the same time.

I'd like some opinions if anyone has experience or wants to offer any advice.

I plan to swap the dual mass clutch for the valeo single mass. Seems like a pretty popular choice choice on the base S model, anyone done it on a jcw? The clutch looks like it can handle the power increase but any firsthand experience would be helpful.

I'll replace all the bushings with powerflex and replace the ball joints, strut mounts, etc. I'd like to keep the stock springs and replace the shocks/struts. What's a popular choice to match with the jcw springs? Cost is a factor since the clutch is fairly pricey. I'm thinking either Koni Yellow's or the Bilstein B4. Prefer the Bilstein as they're much cheaper.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
big overhaul - need help/opinions-20160215_175804.jpg  
Old 09-13-2016, 07:42 AM
Vendor

The Valeo holds up to added power just fine, we've got customers with full bolt-ons and tuned without issue, and other customers who are tracking their cars on the Valeo setup. For the money it is a great replacement to the stock setup.

As for shocks, it all comes down to what you want from the car. Do you plan on a spirited daily, or do you plan on a daily with occasional track duty? The Koni yellows are going to give you the upper hand at the track over the Bilsteins, but either the Koni or Bilsteins will be a great shock for daily duty.

Give us a call and we'd be glad to steer you in the right direction.

Nick