JCW F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! $1,792.00!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 06:54 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! $1,792.00!!!!

Recently been browsing online on local dealers "specials offer" and happen to run into parts specials that caught my eye. It happens to be for an F55 / F56 Jcw Tuning Kit at EatBay Mini in Northern California. Been looking for possible upgrades (as most mini enthusiasts get right away). I've always wanted a GP or a Jcw, but logic and practicality got the best of me. So I've been drawn to Jcw Tuning Kit (not trying to void any warranties, and likes for my dealership to handle any possible "issues" in the future)

The kit also adds horsepower and track mode! A Track mode on my 4 door family "sedan" that's an instant grin/smile maker. The 4 door S is more than enough as far as speed and power. But like I said, I've always been drawn to the GP and Jcw! Did I mention track mode! That alone sells itself, YouTube Jcw tuning kit and see if you can say no. A carbon mini edition would be the easiest and best solution, but the pockets were not having it. So any "special offers" I can take advantage off is a blessing.

Took my week old F 55 for a drive and met Adam. Adam happens to be the part manager of the branch and was more than helpful. EastBay Mini has installed FJcw tuning kits before, but I believe that I will be the first 4 door to have it done with them. The cost for the tuning kit, $ 1,790.00 (Adam was more than willing to "work" with me on a deal I simply can't refuse)

*Correction!!! EastBayMini.com has it listed for $1,792.00 (saved myself $2.00 more lol)

To my surprise, Adam was able to get me a service discount as well. Didn't even have to ask! I was able to order, pay, and set my appointment for next week for an F55 tune all within minutes.

Scott is the Service manager and have been nothing but kind and courteous to my mini family. My first mini was an 2010 R56 and they have been taking care of it since we got it there over 5 years ago.

I've heard of horror stories of bad experiences with dealerships. Just want to share my experiences with this particular location.

And TRACK MODE!!!
Mini sells itself, test drive one!

Old 01-06-2016, 01:35 PM
DougH
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see this on their website anywhere. Which section was it under?
I bought my car from Concord, maybe they will match but didn't see anything there either.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:36 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
@DougH on my phone it's under - Easbaymini.com - Menu - Special Offers - Part Specials (there it is, JcwTuningKit $1,792.00)

I was looking for year end specials at concord as well but never made it to that location. Ended up going to Marin to check out the 5 door Carbon edition! Nice car, but can't quite pull the trigger. Ended up with a 2015 F55 S and couldn't be happier. Eastbay has always been my home dealer and Adam was more than helpful.

Take a quick drive to Dublin (couldn't hurt) you might end up with a tuning kit and Jcw exhaust tips like I did. Lol.

Happy Motoring!!!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by MoJo4Twenty

I've heard of horror stories of bad experiences with dealerships. Just want to share my experiences with this particular location.
Enjoy it, sounds like a great mod. I think most of the horror stories happen when the car is broken, not when you are buying cool stuff to add. btw Portland Mini is mostly OK to work with, until warranty is up and they hit you with real prices. Then it's off to the indy shop.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:05 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
The Carbon Edition is just a F55 with the tuning kit and a bunch of carbon fiber accessories thrown on. You can turn any F55 Cooper S into a "Carbon Edition", save for the graphics and even then, a vinyl shop could do them custom. Cool turnkey package, but I can think of better things to spend money on besides the expensive carbon fiber bits.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:23 PM
DustinFennell
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much are you paying for installation and the exhaust tips? Total installed cost?

Old 01-07-2016, 04:39 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I paid $2150 out the door.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:30 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
I wish mine was $2150 out the door. I've only paid for the kit and the exhaust tips. We will see how much of a discount I receive with the service "discount" (estimated installation time is around 4 hours I think) either way I'm excited for next week!

Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 AM
vetsvette
Shouldn't take that long. He had to do a software update on everything on my car before he could install the tune. Seems I was a couple of updates behind on everything. We probably spent that much time, but we goofed off some and had time to split a pizza in the process. My mechanic and I agreed on a price and that's what it was going to cost regardless of the time it took. This was the first 3rd Gen kit he had installed so se spent some time downloading and printing the instructions for the bluetooth wiring schematic. My tech is a Mini certified technician and worked for a major dealer for 10+ years before opening his own shop. He does all my non warranty work. IIRC my dealer quoted ~$2800 out the door.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 AM
goin2drt
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dumb question. Are these tuning kits going on a JCW or are they going on S models?

Old 01-08-2016, 09:01 AM
vetsvette
Usually the S model. The FJCW already has a more aggressive tune so JCW owners are not installing the entire kit, but just the exhaust system.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Mine is going on a four door S. I really wanted to have the fastest Jcw produced, but a four door is more practical. I'm just glad the Jcw tune and exhaust (with track mode!) is now finally available to the F55. Can't wait for the double click and hear that sweet sweet sound.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Escoozi
1st Gear
Mine is going on a four door S. I really wanted to have the fastest Jcw produced, but a four door is more practical. I'm just glad the Jcw tune and exhaust (with track mode!) is now finally available to the F55. Can't wait for the double click and hear that sweet sweet sound.
You will not be disappointed!!! "Track Mode" is ridiculous fun!

Old 01-13-2016, 04:46 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

Suspension and wheels are next.

Worth every penny!

Old 01-15-2016, 09:04 PM
mkt3000
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's the noise mine makes... that alone is worth the splurge

F56 JCW Tuning Kit exhaust - YouTube
"> F56 JCW Tuning Kit exhaust - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
I had the kit installed on my 2015 "S" last week and "butt dyno" certainly noticed the difference. Modest HP gain, but a big jump in torque (actually produces more than a stock JCW). Torque is what really makes a car jump, and my MCS certainly jumps now.

I'm not big on exhaust noise so I wasn't sure if I'd ever run my car in track mode. On start up, I could definitely tell there was a nice exhaust note with the kit set to "sport", opening the baffle for "track", lowers the note considerably, and makes the car sound much better IMO. Running the car and switching back and forth, I've come to really like the "track" setting and the "bass-ier" exhaust.

As an aside, With the kit installed and when running along at 20 MPH, and switching from mid to sport, the car jumps forward (which it never did before). I find this pretty cool as the car just feels more alive. I even feel some torque steer under hard acceleration...(never had that before either)

While the kit is an expensive upgrade to the stock MCS, I have to say the performance gains are worth it. The car gets JCW badging and registered with MINI as a JCW tuned car. The torque gains off the line and at a lower RPMs (rolling speeds) are really noticeable to me. I had thought about adding the NM kit to get more performance out of the car, but so far am finding that the JCW kit is giving me all the additional gains I desired.

Maybe after getting accustom to the JCW kit I'll add the NM power module. As it sets right now, my MCS with the JCW kit gives me all the power I think can really use on the street. Moderately hard acceleration off the line puts me back in the seat and 15MPH + over the speed limit in a few seconds. Exhaust sounds great and I have the full factory warranty in place. Actually doesn't get much better than that.

Buying a JCW car optioned as my MCS is would have cost me thousand$ more than my car does with the JCW kit installed. I also get better torque numbers than a stock JCW w/ the kit on my car and nicer exhaust note..so, in my book it's a winner!

As with all things, your results may vary.

Attached Thumbnails F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! alt=,792.00!!!!-2015-02-16-03.06.04.jpg   F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! alt=,792.00!!!!-2015-02-16-03.05.53.jpg   F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! alt=,792.00!!!!-2015-02-16-03.07.05.jpg   F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! alt=,792.00!!!!-2015-02-16-03.06.40.jpg  

Last edited by USA-RET; 02-02-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Definitely a fun and awesome addition to the car! I love the different sound combination you can get from the different settings. Right now I like cruising on green mode with track mode on. Gives it a nice humm on the freeway. Working on better tires so I can put more power to the ground. The tire spin could be fun at times, but the stock run flats need an upgrade.

Throw an nm power module and you will definitely surprise a lot of cars of the line. Where it really shines is the higher revs, and higher gears. It feels like it can keep going.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:36 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by USA-RET
I had the kit installed on my 2015 "S" last week and "butt dyno" certainly noticed the difference. Modest HP gain, but a big jump in torque (actually produces more than a stock JCW). Torque is what really makes a car jump, and my MCS certainly jumps now.

I'm not big on exhaust noise so I wasn't sure if I'd ever run my car in track mode. On start up, I could definitely tell there was a nice exhaust note with the kit set to "sport", opening the baffle for "track", lowers the note considerably, and makes the car sound much better IMO. Running the car and switching back and forth, I've come to really like the "track" setting and the "bass-ier" exhaust.

As an aside, With the kit installed and when running along at 20 MPH, and switching from mid to sport, the car jumps forward (which it never did before). I find this pretty cool as the car just feels more alive. I even feel some torque street under hard acceleration...(never had that before either)

While the kit is an expensive upgrade to the stock MCS, I have to say the performance gains are worth it. The car gets JCW badging and registered with MINI as a JCW tuned car. The torque gains off the line and at a lower RPMs (rolling speeds) are really noticeable to me. I had thought about adding the NM kit to get more performance out of the car, but so far am finding that the JCW kit is giving me all the additional gains I desired.

Maybe after getting accustom to the JCW kit I'll add the NM power module. As it sets right now, my MCS with the JCW kit gives me all the power I think can really use on the street. Moderately hard acceleration off the line puts me back in the seat and 15MPH + over the speed limit in a few seconds. Exhaust sounds great and I have the full factory warranty in place. Actually doesn't get much better than that.

Buying a JCW car optioned as my MCS is would have cost me thousand$ more than my car does with the JCW kit installed. I also get better torque numbers that the JCW w/ the kit and nicer exhaust note..so, in my book it's a winner!

As with all things, your results may vary.
Nice review. Sounds like it makes your MCS pretty much the same as a factory JCW performance-wise even though you don't have the bigger turbocharger. I agree with you: I don't feel the need for any more acceleration driving on the street. Compared to my 2007 MCS I've become sort of a stoplight racer and get about 25 MPG as a result! And it seems like a decent deal for 2 grand. The factory JCW is about $6k for the turbo/tune, body kit, and brakes (no exhaust like yours, but it's different than the stock exhaust I think). That's not a bad deal for what you get.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 AM
DougH
2nd Gear
I also had the JCW kit installed on my 2014 S recently. Still getting used to it but don't have much seat time, car doesn't get driven in the rain (wrong time for the CA drought to end) lol

Extra power is noticeable, I also think I feel the torque more. Somehow in Sport power delivery seems smoother, not sure if that is programming or more torque. In Green car feels almost if its in one gear higher than it used to be.

Exhaust note is fun, much quieter in normal driving than I was expecting (at least inside the car) Being aggressive with the throttle sure changes that

Still trying to figure out affect on MPG, I use Green mode on freeway to/from work but usually switch to Sport when I'm on regular streets near home. First tank looked down a couple of MPG overall. I've got the paddle shift auto and driving in manual with paddles, Sport and Track exhaust the expected range sure seems to drop fast. Not really worried as this is the fun car /toy.

Looking for some sunny weather and a long weekend soon.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:45 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Gas mileage has to go down I would think. I get about 4 MPG worse with my JCW than I did with my MCS in town. Highway is about the same.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
We routinely make a 100 mile jaunt and run the car in "green" mode on the interstate. Have been getting between 31-35 MPG (course, not on the road long enough to get those numbers as far up as they could go).

Around town I'm in sport, w/ exhaust open and automatic lever moved to the left position (manual mode, but let the car do the shifting). Hovering around 28-29 MPG with some "heavy footing" for the sheer enjoyment of it.

Before the JCW kit, I was seeing high 30's (38-39MPG on the interstate run) likely because I was starting off with better MPG's on my in-town driving. Even with some spirited driving before the kit install. So yes, probably lost 3-4 MPG in town with the kit, but also doing a bit more lead footed driving with it too.

If I drove my C7 like I do the MINI, I'd be lucky to see 16-18MPG in town. However, since that car is a police magnet, I get around 22-26 in town (occasionally getting my foot into it) and a best of 35 MPG on the highway (set to touring mode) for a 30 mile non stop ride (AC blowing and radio playing everywhere I go). I'll take if.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:50 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Red face

Ok, I'm confused. On MINI USA's site (linked to via my local dealer's site), they only list the JCW tuning kit for the F56.

Is the same kit used for the F55 and F56? I assumed not, because the factory rear muffler part numbers are different for them: F56 rear muffler vs F55 rear muffler.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 PM
jaep1911
2nd Gear
I have been talking to a Service Advisor about a JCW Exhaust kit and after some back and forth, he now tells me that there is a 25% reimbursement program going on until 6/28. I could not resist it so am getting one on my F55.

Last edited by jaep1911; 06-27-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:22 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by jaep1911
I have been talking to a Service Advisor about a JCW Exhaust kit and after some back and forth, he now tells me that there is a 25% reimbursement program going on until 6/28. I could not resist it so am getting one on my F55. The total should be
The suspense is killing me!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
"Reimbursement Program" - I wonder how much they paid a marketing consultant to come up with a phrase for Sale?

Quick Reply: JCW F55 F56 Jcw Tuning Kit, dealers parts special! $1,792.00!!!!