JCW JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:20 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??

OK guys lets have some fun with some you-ification! So my JCW is here in Boston awaiting FL to finish up with paperwork. I have plenty of accessories credit build into my deal so I want to see what you guys think I should. Please check out the examples and tell me if you think I should get the JCW mirror caps or just leave the red ones. Also do you think I should black out the mirror trim? Thank you all for your help!

Side note this isn't my JCW..those pics and full review will be coming next week!

Attached Thumbnails JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-2757e0a70266428d96d73d24575743b0.jpg   JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-b42516ae72f84b4fbdd55bff6c11443d.jpg   JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-red-caps.jpeg  
Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I do like how the JCW pro caps reduce the visual weight of the mirror size, I just wish they weren't checkered on the bottom half. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the factory all-red ones, Automotivetouchup.com Thunder Grey the bottom halves, and then put the accessories credit towards the JCW coilover suspension kit.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:28 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Thank you Ryephile. Ill give a call over to the dealer to see how much that would be. My credit is $650 so of course that would only cover probably half but yea. Also does anyone have any pics of the JCW all weather mats that they ave in their own Mini?

Old 05-29-2015, 06:05 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by quickave
Thank you Ryephile. Ill give a call over to the dealer to see how much that would be. My credit is $650 so of course that would only cover probably half but yea. Also does anyone have any pics of the JCW all weather mats that they ave in their own Mini?
You coming up to MOT? Will look forward to seeing your car if you are. I, unfortunately, will not have mine on time since it is a manual. I will have it for Minis in Foliage though, so looking forward to using it on some fun VT roads.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 AM
quickave
3rd Gear
Yes, indeed! MY family and I will be heading up in the JCW to MOT for our first time. I'm hoping the ones that are like you and NHcounrtyman can atlease meet each other over there.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Sailorlite
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To my eye, the red mirrors comprise too much of the first visual impression. The JCW caps would probably be an improvement, but I'd consider the dark checkered ones too.

What's interesting to me is that Mini's serious professional design staff evidently has decided that the best solution is the red caps. They aren't trying to save cost or use up old stock - they just think red looks better there!

Old 05-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
...What's interesting to me is that Mini's serious professional design staff evidently has decided that the best solution is the red caps. They aren't trying to save cost or use up old stock - they just think red looks better there!
The JCW signature accent color is Chili Red. It has nothing to do with "better", it's all about the theme and branding. They also understand that accessory carbon fiber and "JCW Pro" caps will sell, knowing it'll improve the design on an ideal level while padding the companies bottom line. Making money is still priority #1 for any company. To them it's a win-win, and they'll maintain that philosophy as long as the dollars roll in.

We're in a strange design era right now. I call it "ugly is the new beautiful", but it's actually more to the effect of designers trying to be brand-distinctive in a sea of sameness. It's a repeating problem for each design era, and each era has pushed forward in different ways. Of course as time moves on the auto industry is saddled more and more with global legislation to comply with, so that makes the design envelope more limiting.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK guys lets have some fun with some you-ification! So my JCW is here in Boston awaiting FL to finish up with paperwork. I have plenty of accessories credit build into my deal so I want to see what you guys think I should. Please check out the examples and tell me if you think I should get the JCW mirror caps or just leave the red ones. Also do you think I should black out the mirror trim? Thank you all for your help!

Side note this isn't my JCW..those pics and full review will be coming next week!
.....have had the same thoughts.......My JCW is coming with Black mirror caps and toying with adding the grey and black checkered or the JCW. waiting till I pick up car 6/8 or about and see if dealer has a set I can check against my actual car.....

Old 05-29-2015, 09:05 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ryephile
I do like how the JCW pro caps reduce the visual weight of the mirror size, I just wish they weren't checkered on the bottom half. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the factory all-red ones, Automotivetouchup.com Thunder Grey the bottom halves, and then put the accessories credit towards the JCW coilover suspension kit.
Hmmmmm...interesting Idea.......best of both worlds

Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Yes, indeed! MY family and I will be heading up in the JCW to MOT for our first time. I'm hoping the ones that are like you and NHcounrtyman can atlease meet each other over there.

Yes, Booked room at Attitash Friday and Saturday nights. Will be fun to see all the new F56 JCW, meet their owners and dream abit about MODS . Loon lot will be interesting..................usually all the JCW models park together. Should be tons of question, comparisons and drooling from attendees......

Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I favor the red ones. I put a pair of these side scuttles on mine, got them on Ebay for only $90. Really easy to install.

Attached Thumbnails JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-imag0981_1.jpg  
Old 05-29-2015, 09:48 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NHcountryman
Yes, Booked room at Attitash Friday and Saturday nights. Will be fun to see all the new F56 JCW, meet their owners and dream abit about MODS . Loon lot will be interesting..................usually all the JCW models park together. Should be tons of question, comparisons and drooling from attendees......
I am booked at Bartlett Inn as we will have our dogs with us and we have stayed there for years and know the owner. Since I will not have mine I will be among the ones drooling. If you see someone with a basset hound and a basset mix, that is me (Paul) or my wife (Beth).

You guys should also look into Minis in Foliage in October. THis will be the third year for that event, and we had a lot of fun at it last year. It is at Stratton Mt in VT and runs Thursday to Sunday. Check it out. Are you guys joining any of the caravans up to Attitash? We will be going from MOB.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1chaos52
I am booked at Bartlett Inn as we will have our dogs with us and we have stayed there for years and know the owner. Since I will not have mine I will be among the ones drooling. If you see someone with a basset hound and a basset mix, that is me (Paul) or my wife (Beth).

You guys should also look into Minis in Foliage in October. THis will be the third year for that event, and we had a lot of fun at it last year. It is at Stratton Mt in VT and runs Thursday to Sunday. Check it out. Are you guys joining any of the caravans up to Attitash? We will be going from MOB.
Was not planning on it.......NH state police tend to watch for long strings of MINI's on hyway ...... was thinking of heading out early and winding and weaving lesser traveled roads to North Conway.....but plans are fluid ...... Could not make Minis in Foliage last year....was having hip replaced

Old 05-29-2015, 11:59 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NHcountryman
Was not planning on it.......NH state police tend to watch for long strings of MINI's on hyway ...... was thinking of heading out early and winding and weaving lesser traveled roads to North Conway.....but plans are fluid ...... Could not make Minis in Foliage last year....was having hip replaced
The windy roads are fun, but the caravan is something we have always done as well, and never had a problem on our way up except one cop waving and smiling. Too bad about the hip for last year, but try to do it if you can. I know some great roads and places out there, so next year should be a lot of fun.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1chaos52
The windy roads are fun, but the caravan is something we have always done as well, and never had a problem on our way up except one cop waving and smiling. Too bad about the hip for last year, but try to do it if you can. I know some great roads and places out there, so next year should be a lot of fun.
When is the Caravan leaving MOB...date and time?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Leaves Friday at 2 pm. We stop in Lincoln to regroup and for people to gas up, then up the Kanc and Bear Notch to the hotels.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:17 AM
mct
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you decide on your mirror caps? I may be interested in buying your red ones if you swapped them out...

Old 06-23-2015, 05:01 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Hey boss,

I ended up swapping out the JCW red caps for the checkers. I have no idea if I'm going to sell the red ones because I can't buy them again online if I do lol. That being said I'm open to the idea (PM me of course) and just understand these Are the JCW Chili Red caps vice the red blazing .. So if you or anyone have a blazing red I wouldn't recommend buying them of course.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:32 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Caps Ideas!

Check out some ideas

Attached Thumbnails JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-img_0258.jpg   JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-img_0255.jpg   JCW Mirror Caps or just leave the red ones??-img_0222.jpg  
Old 06-24-2015, 12:29 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
I like the red ones. If you have some checkers the i would do the JCW pro. But it looks like you already made up your mind . Post up some pics.

Speaking of mirrors , direct from Euro part bin we have the Euro Blind Spot mirror for the F56 and F55.

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/MINI_F56_Blind_Spot_Mirrors_Genuine_European_F55_C ooper_S_JCW_Electrochromatic_Side_Mirrors_Heated_A spherical_Visibility_2014_2015/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-14-2015, 07:36 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE= ..... Could not make Minis in Foliage last year....was having hip replaced[/QUOTE]

Had my hip done six years ago, best thing that I have ever done. Funny, no pain and I missed it if you can believe that. Olga and I will definitely be trying to make one of your outings back in the East sometime. It'll be early next year before we get our next JCW, but this time a manual. I miss not being in control. Good hearing about events outside of the midwest.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:50 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE=ECSTuning;4096205]

Speaking of mirrors , direct from Euro part bin we have the Euro Blind Spot mirror for the F56 and F55.

Watched your video on the Blind Spot mirrors, I am impressed. These would have saved my rear as I had an accident test driving a BMW 228i a couple of months ago. I was side swiped by an 18 wheel monster. No tickets issued, no injuries, but shaken up a bit, but $12k damage to the vehicle. Blind Sport mirrors would have definitely saved me there.
When I get the next car ordered, and whether I get the dimming mirrors or not, I'll definitely order a set. I know that the video shows putting these in, but just how difficult are these to do, without breaking them?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:43 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Thanks

Its not that hard, you can use a trim tool and pop them out. Turn the mirror inward and you can reach the back main clips more easily. Just hold the mirror with one hand and then pop on the back with the other w/ trim tool.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172