JCW Shipping info from South Hampton, England to New York!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:29 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping info from South Hampton, England to New York!

Ok so I don't know how many of you have a mini @ the port waiting to get onboard a ship to NY, but since I looked it up for my
own Mini here is what is going on for this month. (Has far has I know this is the company Mini uses)

Ship name: Don Juan
Leaving South Hampton on May 11
Arriving at New York VPC on May 20

Torino
Leaving May 18
Arriving May 27

Asian Emperor
Leaving May 23
Arriving June 3

If you want to know what ships are going to South Carolina or Cali or future dats.. Click the link: http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

Old 05-10-2015, 06:06 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by quickave
Ok so I don't know how many of you have a mini @ the port waiting to get onboard a ship to NY...

Ship name: Don Juan
Leaving South Hampton on May 11
Arriving at New York VPC on May 20
I would be one of them. As for the Don Juan, oh, please oh please oh please oh please...

Old 05-10-2015, 07:03 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Yea I'm like come on Don Juan come in Don Juan lol. How long has your mini been at port? Was this info helpful?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:44 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Yea I'm like come on Don Juan come in Don Juan lol. How long has your mini been at port? Was this info helpful?
My MINI's status changed to at port awaiting vessel on 5/7. And thank you, yes it is very useful. I've been checking 866-ASK-MINI more or less every day...

Old 05-11-2015, 10:58 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
So I looked at the WW website today...
https://www.2wglobal.com/
...and interestingly/oddly enough my MINI was originally booked for the ELEKTRA which sailed out of Southampton on the 7th. I'm hoping the reason it was 'returned to shipper' was the 'wrong sticker' problem.

But yes, my MINI shows as 'loaded on vessel' on the DON JUAN as of this morning and into NYC on the 21st. Woohoo!

Old 05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
hey congrats! Looks like mine will have to await for the next one :/. Question.. how did you know you ship was slated for ELEKTRA? Also on https://www.2wglobal.com/ ..where do you go and what do you enter to find out info on your car? Thanks man!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:24 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
hey congrats! Looks like mine will have to await for the next one :/. Question.. how did you know you ship was slated for ELEKTRA? Also on https://www.2wglobal.com/ ..where do you go and what do you enter to find out info on your car? Thanks man!
Hit 'track and trace' on the left side of the page (under customer tools). Then enter your VIN into the cargo ID box.

When I did this for my MINI two records showed up - one for the ELEKTRA and one for the DON JUAN. I clicked on ELEKTRA and saw booked/received/returned and then on DON JUAN and saw booked/received/loaded.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:31 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Great news ljmiii! Your Mini has a brother riding along with him to NY! Just found out via the track and trace!

Old 05-11-2015, 03:35 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
just because I can .. here the link to traffic our ship lol
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/det...essel:DON_JUAN

Old 05-11-2015, 04:32 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
just because I can .. here the link to traffic our ship lol
Thank you VERY much for the link - that is just supercool.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:52 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Will thank you for showing my that one link because my dealer was like no shipping info yet and I was like o will maybe next week lol. Where is your Mini heading after the VPC?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:19 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
I'm only about an hour or so north of the NJ VPC. So hopefully I'll have a MINI a week or so after the 21st.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:06 AM
quickave
3rd Gear
limiii does your mini.com / 866-275-6464 updated to show its on the ship? Mine still list it @ port even though she's been underway.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 AM
quickave
3rd Gear
Nm I called customer service and they confirmed even their phone system is slow to update.. She's underway. Interesting note though they said it takes two to three days to get the cars to the VPC .. Then about a week there.. Should be interesting how all this places out. What ever happens I'll make sure to update the form to give everyone a recent example of wait times.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:23 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nm I called customer service and they confirmed even their phone system is slow to update.. She's underway. Interesting note though they said it takes two to three days to get the cars to the VPC .. Then about a week there.. Should be interesting how all this places out. What ever happens I'll make sure to update the form to give everyone a recent example of wait times.

Hey quickave, my F56 JCW was slower getting completed. When called , told had just been completed yesterday - missed this shipment. .....not assigned to ship yet. Enjoy your ride!!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:46 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Hey buddy.. Check the ship's website .. They told me the same thing.. Even this morning and so called and was like Un it's been loaded.. Updated your stuff lol.. Let me know man.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:48 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
wait countryman just completed yesterday? man thats a delay from what we originally thought it would be.. wonder what happened.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:53 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
limiii does your mini.com / 866-275-6464 updated to show its on the ship? Mine still list it @ port even though she's been underway.
End of day yesterday my salesrep said that the MINI database still showed my MINI in port even though it was about 80km out of Southampton. I got an update from him this morning around 11:00AM that MINI had finally updated their system and showed - In transit to final VPC.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
wait countryman just completed yesterday? man thats a delay from what we originally thought it would be.. wonder what happened.
Seems that after it completed in the paint shop it then went to "Final Fitment" and was there for 2 days according to gal on line when I call and system just showed build complete - yesterday........Have not called today yet...but put VIN into the Shipping site as listed above and no record found.....

Old 05-12-2015, 01:08 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Ah man NHcountryman... I was hoping the twins (thunder grey buddies) were going to ride together all the way. By the way, I stopped over at Mini of Bedford yesterday.. that pepper white JCW looks pretty sweet..the guy was like yea we can't sell it cuz its auto lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:26 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
iimiii its official our Mini coopers are off the gird! Last know position was 4 hours ago..next time we get a position update it should be near the states.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:25 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
iimiii its official our Mini coopers are off the gird! Last know position was 4 hours ago..next time we get a position update it should be near the states.
Yup! Next stop Halifax on the 19th - I'll be looking for it the evening of the 18th...

Old 05-12-2015, 06:28 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
I already alerted the local Coast Guard unit in Boston (I'm a Coastie) that the ship will be near Boston on the 20th and keep a eye out for it lol.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:52 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
It looks like some of our MINI's may be delayed...by ICE! I don't know if our ship's plotted course is along the coast along Newfoundland but ships are being diverted south. (Image in Ball park time-frame)

Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
My JCW finally complete in production

Finally got word that my Thunder Grey , Black roof mirrors and Wheels (Stealth - no strips) has completed production. YEAH

......was originally told build was complete 5/8 but SA emailed me it went back into production and quality control 5/9. Explained the the JCW were receiving addition QA and scrutiny after some of the F56 issues that surfaced when other F56 and F55 models had been pushed out.

Expect that they probably found a issue or missing option so a extensive review by "Sherlock Holmes" will be in order when I go to take delivery. with the original build and sent it back to be fixed So just waiting for assignment to a boat........ checked the site and VIN is not showing yet as assigned for its Atlantic voyage...........getting excited...............hope to have it and past break in period for Mini's on Top third weekend in June .

Quick Reply: JCW Shipping info from South Hampton, England to New York!