JCW Just drove the new JCW. My impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Lazygreek
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1chaos52
My car is going to be Thunder Grey with red roof. I have a sunroof on mine and am still doing the stripes up there, just obviously won't need to be as long. I am doing the same stripes as the concept car (minus the details in the brake ducts etc.) with red on the boot and bonnet with as close of a color match as I can get for the Thunder grey on the roof.

Go with whatever looks good to you. I have been thinking about changing mine up a bit and doing the concept stripes but having the outer (thinner) stripes a different color. Not sure yet but something I am considering. I have a while until I can get the stripes anyway.

Why the deadline on the order? The concept car stripes are not an option on the order, you have to go aftermarket for those so you have time on those.
Its not a deadline for my stripes. Its to get my order in, my dealer has a order build spot for me for a 6MT, so I'm still on the fence about a sunroof, because I do like the full line of the stripes, and I don't like the idea of putting a stripe over a sunroof. but at the same time, i like the sunroof, if that makes sense.

I wish there was a silver roof, then I would do lapisluxury blue with silver roof, and then do silver with red trim stripes on the blue, and then blue with red trim stripes on the roof.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:02 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazygreek

I wish there was a silver roof, then I would do lapisluxury blue with silver roof, and then do silver with red trim stripes on the blue, and then blue with red trim stripes on the roof.
What other roof colors can you get besides red? I don't count black and white as colors, nor body color.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:15 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lazygreek
Its not a deadline for my stripes. Its to get my order in, my dealer has a order build spot for me for a 6MT, so I'm still on the fence about a sunroof, because I do like the full line of the stripes, and I don't like the idea of putting a stripe over a sunroof. but at the same time, i like the sunroof, if that makes sense.

Interesting on the deadline. I am guessing that means that is the day the orders will go into the system for the 6MT. They have a bunch of orders already in queue waiting to drop in to the system, including mine which should be one of the early builds since I ordered it on March 9th. I heard from the dealership saying that it will likely be a July build though even though I have heard they will start production in June. Maybe the June builds will be just for dealership cars, or maybe my MA is just blowing smoke. I better be up there in the queue because I committed to it and gave a down payment so early.

I too thought about the Lapis Luxury, but I would want to do silver as well. I thought about that and then doing a vinyl wrap on the roof, but decided to just go the way I did because I really liked the prototype car, and I like the darker thunder grey than the other grey and silver cars.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:43 AM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by 1chaos52
They have a bunch of orders already in queue waiting to drop in to the system, including mine which should be one of the early builds since I ordered it on March 9th. I heard from the dealership saying that it will likely be a July build though even though I have heard they will start production in June. Maybe the June builds will be just for dealership cars, or maybe my MA is just blowing smoke. I better be up there in the queue because I committed to it and gave a down payment so early.
Dealers get build allocations about 5-6 weeks prior to the actual build week. What you did on March 9 was get on the wait list to place the order when the allocation slot become available

I was on a wait list almost a year to place the order for my 2002 MCS.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:43 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MINIAC
Dealers get build allocations about 5-6 weeks prior to the actual build week. What you did on March 9 was get on the wait list to place the order when the allocation slot become available

I was on a wait list almost a year to place the order for my 2002 MCS.
Exactly what I was trying to say but just put more clearly. Just saying I better be at the top of that wait list for my dealer since I know I was the first to request it there. If they let someone sneak into my allocation spot I will not be happy.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Chao

Chao check this pic out if you haven't seen it already.. Its pretty close to the red stripes i think you were looking for

Old 05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Also Test drove the silver white with red roof at Mini of Bedford. I order my F56 JCW 4/26 ....Thunder grey , Black roof and Rims ............Loaded,,,,XL , Cold weather, Backup, Auto Tranny ,17" Tires....rough roads in New Hampshire,....MA said it went to production 4/27....seems I hit a open slot

Old 05-04-2015, 02:33 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
NH track your Mini w/ me then! We will probably pick up the same ship. Mines currently in the body shop with a estimated completion date of May 7. Do you know yours?

Old 05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Hi quickave do not know...Have VIN number but not showing in owner lounge ( only my current Countryman) and the Link that are supposed to help track VIN are not recognizing the number

Old 05-04-2015, 02:47 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
No no don't use online it's slow on updating .. Call 1 (866) 275-6464
Press 2
Then wait to enter your production number or vin ( I'm surprised you already have a vin lol)
Wait for the response.. It will ask if the number you entered was a production number or vin. Just answer it and it will tell you everything to this point.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:11 PM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by quickave
No no don't use online it's slow on updating .. Call 1 (866) 275-6464
Press 2
Then wait to enter your production number or vin ( I'm surprised you already have a vin lol)
Wait for the response.. It will ask if the number you entered was a production number or vin. Just answer it and it will tell you everything to this point.

Good suggestion .....just called - will be completed 5/8, be assigned a boat in the next 7 days......14 days in transit, hit port, Go thru US performance and QA check then off to the dealer for approx. First week in June........ Anyone know what the hold up is with the customer ordered JCW sitting in port? Another EPA thing? Have Auto tranny ordered so that would not be the issue