JCW installation of jcw bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
aforalbert2002
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile installation of jcw bodykit

hi

I just bought a set of JCW bodykit and ready to install. however, I'm not sure how to cut the rear bottom guide as request for installing the rear spoiler.

Anyone could provide some photo to make sure i do it right

thank you so much~

Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Rocket Dog
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aforalbert2002
hi

I just bought a set of JCW bodykit and ready to install. however, I'm not sure how to cut the rear bottom guide as request for installing the rear spoiler.

thank you so much~
My wife just ordered a Countryman S and I know she will want the aero kit afterward. I am interested to see a DIY thread or info in this one.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Though I do have the kit on my Countryman, I didn't do the install myself. I'm curious by your question though, as I thought there was no cutting involved. All the pieces are replacements...

Didn't the kit come with an installation guide?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Bmw_ssg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aforalbert2002
hi

thank you so much~
Where did you buy the kit from?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 AM
turboevo2
1st Gear
I just bought the front lip kit but dunno how to install it. Hope someone post a DIY

Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Bmw_ssg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by turboevo2
I just bought the front lip kit but dunno how to install it. Hope someone post a DIY
Can you share the link from where you bought it ?

Old 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM
turboevo2
1st Gear
jcw installation guide

Here you go guys finally the shop that I bought the kit fwd me this guide on jcw installation.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
r60 aero kit.pdf (1.17 MB, 5051 views)
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Bmw_ssg
2nd Gear
Here you go guys finally the shop that I bought the kit fwd me this guide on jcw installation.
Can anyone open this link? I cannot open it, or it is corrupted.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
turboevo2
1st Gear
its pdf file maybe you have to download acrobat

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Bmw_ssg
2nd Gear
its pdf file maybe you have to download acrobat
ok, got it. It was the way I was trying to open it initially. thanks!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
kaikai114
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys, where did you get your front spoiler lip from? I just called my dealership and they only sell the kit as a whole, not individual parts, any tips?

KC

Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
ayk07
4th Gear
i also just want to get the front lip instead of the whole kit, at least for now. would it look good or would the front hang a lot lower and look off from the sides?

i have been looking for days but cant find a site that just sells the front lip, any links?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
I'd check out Sewellparts.com and realoem.com for the part numbers.
Sewell is great and willing to work with you.

Last edited by mdsbrain; 02-08-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: more
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
installed the jcw front splitter today and it looks much more sporty. i bought it from sewell mini parts and they are spot on with hardware. they sent parts that were not included in the installation guide i found here. huge props to <mlevey@sewell.com. installation was a breeze with all the parts included from sewell. anyone wanting to tackle this project will find it most helpful to use a soldering gun to melt out the original plastic rivets.

Attached Thumbnails installation of jcw bodykit-solder-gun-rivet.jpg   installation of jcw bodykit-spacer-with-front-flap-attached.jpg   installation of jcw bodykit-done.jpg  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:44 PM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by countryman-s
installed the jcw front splitter today and it looks much more sporty. i bought it from sewell mini parts and they are spot on with hardware. they sent parts that were not included in the installation guide i found here. huge props to <mlevey@sewell.com. installation was a breeze with all the parts included from sewell. anyone wanting to tackle this project will find it most helpful to use a soldering gun to melt out the original plastic rivets.
That looks great! I am happy we were able to help.

For everyone looking for only the front lip, you can find it here. You will need every piece listed and you'll be set. A discount promo code can be found on our most recent vendor announcement.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Looks great! Any chance we can get some pictures from the front 3/4 and side view? I'm curious to see how it looks paired with the standard skirts, as I was planning on going the lip-only route myself.

Interesting tip on the soldering iron...any other quirks to be aware of?

Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
ayk07
4th Gear
yeah i would also love to see the front splitter and see how it looks without the rest of the kit, installation is no problem and hope to do it since i just got my exhaust tips done, stock tips are a must change.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
no problem, here are a few more pics. she is not clean because we've been criusing around town. a few other handy install tips are to have plastic pick tools to avoid scratching, and a Y shaped clip remover " i know there is a technical name for this tool but its avoiding me now". also to install the new plastic rivots totally remove the tip of the rivot gun to accept the larger size of the plastic clips. i had to take the gun apart all 4 times to remove the piece that breaks off, but it worked perfect.

Attached Thumbnails installation of jcw bodykit-100_1327.jpg   installation of jcw bodykit-100_1326.jpg  

Last edited by countryman-s; 03-14-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
no problem, here are a few more pics. she is not clean because we've been criusing around town. a few other handy install tips are to have plastic pick tools to avoid scratching, and a Y shaped clip remover " i know there is a technical name for this tool but its avoiding me now". also to install the new plastic rivots totally remove the tip of the rivot gun to accept the larger size of the plastic clips. i had to take the gun apart all 4 times to remove the piece that breaks off, but it worked perfect.
Hmmmm...rivot gun? Uh-oh; not sure I've got one of those laying around. This may be a more challenging self-install then I anticipated. Where does one procure a rivot gun? And is it strictly necessary?

Either way, thanks a lot for the additional pictures- I think it looks great, not out of place without the JCW skirts whatsoever. I plan on adding the mudflaps too, which I think will be that extra touch to bring everything in line (and functional!).

Thanks again!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Yea, there are 2 large plastic rivots per side behind the reflector\ light on the fender trim. It holds the top of the splitter to the fender. Any auto or hardware store has rivot guns. You will find that the plastic rivots are bigger than any of the tip sizes, so do not use any tip. Just get the cheapest gun. It worked out perfect. The small rivots that are just inside the fender lip doesn't require a gun, they just press in. but are a booger to remove initially.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM
ayk07
4th Gear
very nice, and looks good without the rest of the kit, matches the black bottom panel on the sides.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Yea, that's what I thought. The jcw sides do not flow with the rest of the kit as well as the originals. Unless they were completely flat black like the fender trim.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Bakerbrdz
Banned
I like how u blacked out the side markers, looks good

Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
thanks Bakerbrdz. i tried the overlays from bimmian.com first and they sucked big time. so i went to autozone and got a bottle of spray tint. i found you have to remove the light from the car to get all around the edges good. im happy with the results and they still reflect and light up good.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Bakerbrdz
Banned
thanks Bakerbrdz. i tried the overlays from bimmian.com first and they sucked big time. so i went to autozone and got a bottle of spray tint. i found you have to remove the light from the car to get all around the edges good. im happy with the results and they still reflect and light up good.
I might have to rip you off hahaha! I have a royal gray all4 with black rims, going for the murdered out look!

Quick Reply: JCW installation of jcw bodykit