JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Thinking about becoming a forum vendor..want your feedback.. PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking about becoming a forum vendor..want your feedback.. PLEASE

Hello Folks...
Today I ordered my JCW and I am very excited to get it and start making it my own. I own a custom paint shop and currently do not do Mini parts...but plan on it.

I am a vendor on a sister forum for Corvettes and since I am not as up on the aftermarket for Mini's what better place to get some feedback.

Are there a lot of folks here looking to get custom paint work done on there Mini's...from Aero kits to engine parts and beyond?

I want to offer competitive pricing and the same high end work I offer other brands...I would love to hear from the members her to help me make a decision.

Regards,
Jimmy

Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your new MINI, but your not gonna get much support by spamming the site with the same post in multiple locations. All but this one have been deleted.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
NAM is a great place to be a vendor, but playing by the rules is a must.

I welcome a custom paint shop, I see lot's of people looking for that type of work, but very few if any current NAM vendors able to help.

Feel free to PM with any questions, Dustin

Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Congrats on your new MINI, but your not gonna get much support by spamming the site with the same post in multiple locations. All but this one have been deleted.
Sorry...didn't think I was SPAMMING!!!! Was trying to get to other areas of the forum so I could get good feedback. But spamming....not my intention. I understand how the forums work. When I run a special I usually put in the proper place. How do you suggest I approach this subject and how to get the best exposure?
Jimmy

Old 09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AutoXCooper.com
NAM is a great place to be a vendor, but playing by the rules is a must.

I welcome a custom paint shop, I see lot's of people looking for that type of work, but very few if any current NAM vendors able to help.

Feel free to PM with any questions, Dustin
Thanks...I play by the rules...I am a paying forum vendor on 3 other major sites and I respect the paying vendors. Can I ask why you think other vendors will be able to help. On the forums I sell on vendors help each other, we even work together to help each others business and our customers.

I am hoping to get some member feedback as well. I am sure there is a need but if not I am content on being a member.
Regards,
Jimmy

Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
I just don't see any current vendor on NAM offering the same type of service you want to offer. All the NAM Vendors are fun helpful people and there's a lot of cross marketing one to another.

Help the Members, Have Fun and repeat.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AutoXCooper.com
I just don't see any current vendor on NAM offering the same type of service you want to offer. All the NAM Vendors are fun helpful people and there's a lot of cross marketing one to another.

Help the Members, Have Fun and repeat.
Thanks for the feedback....I really appreciate it. This is the info I need to make the decision to become a vendor

Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I'd be all for you being a vendor as long as you changed your image next to your name so that I can look at NAM at work without having to worry that someone could be offended if they came in my office.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
I'd be all for you being a vendor as long as you changed your image next to your name so that I can look at NAM at work without having to worry that someone could be offended if they came in my office.
LOL..serious? Do you work in a convent...she does have all her clothes on. If I did become a vendor there would be our company logo there.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
To be honest, I thought you were trying not to be a vendor and still hock your wares. Another reason that it seemed suspect is that an experienced vendor would know better than to post

But hey if it's an honest mistake, that's cool, everyone makes mistakes.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by STLMINI
To be honest, I thought you were trying not to be a vendor and still hock your wares. Another reason that it seemed suspect is that an experienced vendor would know better than to post

But hey if it's an honest mistake, that's cool, everyone makes mistakes.
No sir...I have not tried to sell anybody anything on this forum. Like I said I respect paying Vendors, I understand the investment to advertise. I am a paying vendor on 3 forum and spend a lot of time & money and I know what its like for a NON vendor to try to sell when everyone else is paying to do so. I am simply trying to get a feel for the market on this forum for aftermarket parts. Like I explained, I am new to the Mini market and just purchased our first JCW with intentions to feel the market out. I just wanted some feedback from members or otherwise to see if I am needed here before I make a large investment

Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM
JCWMINIMIAMI
2nd Gear
Where in FLA are you located?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:54 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Bull
LOL..serious? Do you work in a convent...she does have all her clothes on. If I did become a vendor there would be our company logo there.
Change it and Ill never do business with ya......

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minimarks
Change it and Ill never do business with ya......
If I become a vendor I promise to put it in my gallery.....

Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JCWMINIMIAMI
Where in FLA are you located?
Port Orange

Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
There was a time when NAM had a Market Research for potential vendors. That was before the site was sold to Internet Brands. I do not know if they still offer such a status but as you mentioned you are on the Vette forum IB runs. Check with your sales person to see if they still offer that.

Tells us something about the custom paint options you offer for vettes please, along with something about how you operate whether it's by exchange or...

As mush as people mod MINI's with cosmetic enhancements I'd image a well run operation offering some unique items can make a go of it.

I also need to ask you to pull URL of your business out of the sig please.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
There was a time when NAM had a Market Research for potential vendors. That was before the site was sold to Internet Brands. I do not know if they still offer such a status but as you mentioned you are on the Vette forum IB runs. Check with your sales person to see if they still offer that.

Tells us something about the custom paint options you offer for vettes please, along with something about how you operate whether it's by exchange or...

As mush as people mod MINI's with cosmetic enhancements I'd image a well run operation offering some unique items can make a go of it.

I also need to ask you to pull URL of your business out of the sig please.
Hello URL removed.....just a note my URL has no Mini parts for sale so I didn't think it inappropriate...sorry, I fully understand.

We primarily service the Corvette market now. We do in house custom paint work for all interior, exterior and engine compartment parts. I specialize in painting plastic parts. I do several types of finishes from ultra smooth to just color matching. We NEVER use a primer on plastic. We only use top of the line PPG Deltron series paints & Clears and follow PPG's specific plastic bonding prep process. All parts we paint are new OEM parts and we ship across the USA and also overseas.

We also deal in high performance parts from exhaust systems, headers, induction systems to wheels. We also offer a variety of dress up parts as will paint anything a customer needs.

We ordered our JCW this past Friday, and when looking noticed so many parts I wanted to finish. This is why I am testing the waters to become a vendor on this forum. It seems to me Mini owners take just as much pride in their cars as any Corvette owner I deal with.

Thanks for asking and I will contact IB next week to get some details on becoming a vendor here.

Regards,
Jimmy