JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

All 1st Gen JCW threads moved here

Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All 1st Gen JCW threads moved here

Hey everyone,

As I had planned for some time, now that the JCW Garage has taken hold here, I have gone ahead and moved all 1st Gen JCW-related threads (i.e. all of those with "JCW" in the thread title) to this forum. I limited the search to only the other 1st Gen Forums (except the GP forum, of course), so there shouldn't be any 2nd Gen JCW stuff here now.

In all, there were 487 JCW threads moved here. I have set them all up with a 3 month redirect, meaning that "placeholders" will remain in the old locations for the next 3 months.

The JCW Garage forum is now complete!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM
jlloyd
2nd Gear
I wasn't really in the market for a "new" car but...well, you know. I found a 2006 mcs with jcw brakes, engine mods and lsd, showing 33K on the odometer. for around $21k. It's pw/pw/pw with black pleather and anthracite headliner (no sunroof) which is great for me...I'm tracking my car and plan on tracking this one, if I buy it.

It FEELS like a great deal. Comments and insight are what I'm asking of y'all....so please, help me!!

Thanks

Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 AM
pmxgm
2nd Gear
info on jcw kit

Hi, i'm trying to find help on identifying the autenticity on a mcs jcw , i just bought it and it has the bages on the right plases(front , back, and engine),and it has the exhaust sistem, could enyone tell me the size of the pulley of the supercharger(diameter) or can i be sure about the supercharger or the head is the rigth ones, i apriciate ani help, thanks.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
ACallahan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pmxgm
Hi, i'm trying to find help on identifying the autenticity on a mcs jcw , i just bought it and it has the bages on the right plases(front , back, and engine),and it has the exhaust sistem, could enyone tell me the size of the pulley of the supercharger(diameter) or can i be sure about the supercharger or the head is the rigth ones, i apriciate ani help, thanks.
The JCW pulley is approx. 11% smaller than a stock pulley. There will be no difference with your supercharger and a stock one, they did not start coating the parts inside untill around 2005. As for your Head, I dont think anyone would go to the trouble of pulling it off to switch it out, the JCW heads were MILDLY ported and only on the exhaust side it would not be worth the trouble of swapping it unless it was a Thumper or RMW head . Your JCW will not have 380cc injectors or JCW CAI either, they came around 2005 also.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 PM
pmxgm
2nd Gear
jcw

Hi, thanks for the help, but i have another question if the pulley of the charger is almost the same whats the diference of boost of an mcs stock and an jcw, because if it is a jcw the boost must be hi than the stock version, i think

Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
I know this is an OLD thread, but I just wanted to remind all that read this there is also a JCW ECM Tune that gets installed.

Motor On!

Old 01-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
The amazing thing about NAM is that 10 years afterwards the Gen1s are still around and lots of people are still just finding them.

Over 85,000 threads here on the Gen1.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Brenden
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am trying to put together a JCW kit from parts, since I can no longer get one. I am new to the mini world and would like to increase my 2004 mini's performance but using parts that would have been on it, even if it isn't badged and numbered with a 200 or 210 kit, but have all the parts.

My question is around getting the head (how much should e a good price given that they range from 2k to 4k online) and if it is possible to track down and find a used version of the JCW kit and move it to my car?

Old 01-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I see used JCW heads go for $500-1000 all the time. If you get one, good to have it cleaned, decked and have new exhaust valves put in. Expect to spend another $500-1000.

Be warned, that if you're having one shipped, make sure the seller packs it properly, it should be strapped to plywood or in a case made for heads. I bought one from a seller here on NAM once and it was way under protected, in a homemade cardboard box with high density foam. I wasn't happy.

Having said all that - you're not going to notice the difference between the regular and JCW head. All in you'll probably be around $1.5k with a refurbished JCW head. Put that towards a RMW, Sneed or other head.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Brenden
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul
I see used JCW heads go for $500-1000 all the time. If you get one, good to have it cleaned, decked and have new exhaust valves put in. Expect to spend another $500-1000.

Be warned, that if you're having one shipped, make sure the seller packs it properly, it should be strapped to plywood or in a case made for heads. I bought one from a seller here on NAM once and it was way under protected, in a homemade cardboard box with high density foam. I wasn't happy.

Having said all that - you're not going to notice the difference between the regular and JCW head. All in you'll probably be around $1.5k with a refurbished JCW head. Put that towards a RMW, Sneed or other head.

If I were to get a different head, would you recommend the Dinan tune or something else?

Old 01-27-2019, 03:11 PM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Dinan probably doesn’t sell a tune anymore. Lots of better tuning options. Search the R53 forums.