All 1st Gen JCW threads moved here - North American Motoring

JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

All 1st Gen JCW threads moved here

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
AdMINIstrator

All 1st Gen JCW threads moved here

Hey everyone,

As I had planned for some time, now that the JCW Garage has taken hold here, I have gone ahead and moved all 1st Gen JCW-related threads (i.e. all of those with "JCW" in the thread title) to this forum. I limited the search to only the other 1st Gen Forums (except the GP forum, of course), so there shouldn't be any 2nd Gen JCW stuff here now.

In all, there were 487 JCW threads moved here. I have set them all up with a 3 month redirect, meaning that "placeholders" will remain in the old locations for the next 3 months.

The JCW Garage forum is now complete!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

I wasn't really in the market for a "new" car but...well, you know. I found a 2006 mcs with jcw brakes, engine mods and lsd, showing 33K on the odometer. for around $21k. It's pw/pw/pw with black pleather and anthracite headliner (no sunroof) which is great for me...I'm tracking my car and plan on tracking this one, if I buy it.

It FEELS like a great deal. Comments and insight are what I'm asking of y'all....so please, help me!!

Thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 AM
2nd Gear

info on jcw kit

Hi, i'm trying to find help on identifying the autenticity on a mcs jcw , i just bought it and it has the bages on the right plases(front , back, and engine),and it has the exhaust sistem, could enyone tell me the size of the pulley of the supercharger(diameter) or can i be sure about the supercharger or the head is the rigth ones, i apriciate ani help, thanks.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmxgm View Post
Hi, i'm trying to find help on identifying the autenticity on a mcs jcw , i just bought it and it has the bages on the right plases(front , back, and engine),and it has the exhaust sistem, could enyone tell me the size of the pulley of the supercharger(diameter) or can i be sure about the supercharger or the head is the rigth ones, i apriciate ani help, thanks.
The JCW pulley is approx. 11% smaller than a stock pulley. There will be no difference with your supercharger and a stock one, they did not start coating the parts inside untill around 2005. As for your Head, I dont think anyone would go to the trouble of pulling it off to switch it out, the JCW heads were MILDLY ported and only on the exhaust side it would not be worth the trouble of swapping it unless it was a Thumper or RMW head . Your JCW will not have 380cc injectors or JCW CAI either, they came around 2005 also.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

jcw

Hi, thanks for the help, but i have another question if the pulley of the charger is almost the same whats the diference of boost of an mcs stock and an jcw, because if it is a jcw the boost must be hi than the stock version, i think