Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New palo uber wide arches?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Peter W.
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know what size rims and tires are on that car? The rear tires and rims look really wide.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Palo Uber = JC Whitney gone berserk.
I read their postings for the laugh value.
Only those who strive for the "best of the best in brand naming" would even consider spending $$$ with these folks.
Sorry if I offend any of you PU purchasers, but really, if you buy from them, you are just a label poser.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by amorican
I've said it once and I'll say it again, as nothing I have seen or read so far has led me to believe otherwise...
Palo Uber's MINI parts along with his "art" is a joke.
Agreed 100%.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 3cocinas
Palo Uber = JC Whitney gone berserk.

Sorry if I offend any of you PU purchasers, but really, if you buy from them, you are just a label poser.
The *only* item where I might disagree are their 17" / 14-pound forged wheels. A guy in our local club has them, and the fit and finish are beautiful. In particular, I like the method they chose for machining the lip.

I don't think I'd ever pay PU's "normal" $1700 price for the set, but the NAM price of $1100/set seems pretty fair. All of the lightweight wheels I've seen that I like more also cost significantly more (BBS RG-F...drool).

Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 PM
sprp85
6th Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
The *only* item where I might disagree are their 17" / 14-pound forged wheels. A guy in our local club has them, and the fit and finish are beautiful. In particular, I like the method they chose for machining the lip.

I don't think I'd ever pay PU's "normal" $1700 price for the set, but the NAM price of $1100/set seems pretty fair. All of the lightweight wheels I've seen that I like more also cost significantly more (BBS RG-F...drool).
there was a thread about their wheels,, very similar to another brand, no, almost identical, (rebadged maybe?) which can be purchased at lower price..

Old 03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Passat774
5th Gear
Now, that we have gone completely off topic.. The light bar is awesome and one of a kind in desgin. And priced the best in terms of what is currently in the marketplace.

The small uber wing is also a one of a kind part. Many may not like the price but being one of a kind gives it a lot of value.

We can all love or hate the companies that make parts for our Mini's but they are making parts for our cars! I think we all should be more thankful that we have so many choices to make. If you do not like it or think it is overpriced that is fine with me, we are all adults here and can make up or own decisions.

I just think we need to stop all bashing and get back to enjoying our Mini's.

Now, let's motor

Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
Originally Posted by sprp85
there was a thread about their wheels,, very similar to another brand, no, almost identical, (rebadged maybe?) which can be purchased at lower price..
They are rebadged Sportmax 003 wheels...

Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Wake|MCS
They are rebadged Sportmax 003 wheels...
Well, if that's the case, than the director of Palo Uber is lying outright in his post:

Originally Posted by Carol@PaloUberMini.com
These are not our rims I can assure you, if you read the legal publications you will note a filing by the palo uber london company for design infringement. i would suggest you compare the two side by side before you make a potentially damaging remark..Bryce Smythson, managing director, the Palo Uber London Company

Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
PGT
Banned
I'd love to see 'the legal publications' and filing that Carol speaks of. I'd surmise it's as real as the UK office.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:29 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
For that price ($6,897), I'm sure they also include a large jar of Vaseline... Sorry, just had to say that.

For a lot lower, check out the Zemax or Orciari. I have the wide body Orciari and love it. Check out my gallery for pics.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:46 AM
chipgrafx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Carol@PaloUberMini.com
We at PaloUber Mini continue to strive in providing our fellow enthusiast with yet another innovative product as on Uber would! It has arrived from our store in London and we are proud to show NAM the new Adjustable Carbon Fiber Spoiler that is truely unique within the current marketplace of automotive/aftermarket spoilers.
Originally Posted by Passat774
Now, that we have gone completely off topic..

The small uber wing is also a one of a kind part. Many may not like the price but being one of a kind gives it a lot of value.
Do we really need to go over this again? The PU wing is NOT "one of a kind" or unique (unless they only had one made). The Fireballed!/APR Jetwing is not only carbon fiber, but it's adjustable and it attaches using the existing holes in your roof... just like the PU wing.

I was just wondering... isn't 'fiber' spelled 'fibre' in England?

Sorry Rally, back to the wide arches.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:59 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chipgrafx
Do we really need to go over this again? The PU wing is NOT "one of a kind" or unique (unless they only had one made). The Fireballed!/APR Jetwing is not only carbon fiber, but it's adjustable and it attaches using the existing holes in your roof... just like the PU wing.

I was just wondering... isn't 'fiber' spelled 'fibre' in England?

Sorry Rally, back to the wide arches.

This is the wing, I was talking about:

Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 AM
lhoboy
6th Gear
Thanks to all for the education. Veeeery interestink!!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 AM
lhoboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by oldschool
Any idea what size wheel and tire you can fit on this setup?

Old 03-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
I'm speechless but then again I'm still getting over the titanium pulley .

Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders

We can all love or hate the companies that make parts for our Mini's but they are making parts for our cars! I think we all should be more thankful that we have so many choices to make.

If you are talking about "they" as in Palo Uber, they aren't making anything new. Well, OK, maybe, I'l give you the small wing and the lightbar.

But when it comes down to it they are taking items from other manufacturers making no modifications of their own, to make it thier own, blatantly lieing and saying that it is of thier own original design, putting thier sticker on it and charging double the price or more.

Coming from a retail stand point, I understand that most retailers keystone the cost of a product if the price fits within the market. Meaning they, the retailer get a product from a wholesaler and then the retailer will mark up the price 100% and sell at that price. But it seems to me that Palo Uber sells at almost double the current market value of an existing product.

For example(s):
The palo uber arches $6,897 http://1346843.estore.networksolutio...ail.bok?no=116

or the Konigseder kit $3,900
http://estrictlyforeign.com/asp/prod...egory=1&ID=886

Palo Uber forged wheels $1600

Sportmax 003-$176 a piece ($704 for 4) 4x100, offset 40 17x7 plus $35 if you want a gorilla wrench, lugs and stems

UBER TUNER LUG WRENCH-$69 Ours is the original others have copied, but lacking our world class quality.

Gorilla Wrench $16 Been around a whole lot longer than P.U.

Sorry, but I'm just saying, as a community aren't we supposed to warn each other of scammers? And tell each other where we can get the same quality product for less? In this case the exact same product for less.

Those must be some expensive stickers PU is putting on thier products.

Ok, Back OT

Old 03-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Too bad I can't talk out widebodies...verbotten
Shhhhh Sid. They're listening and they're everywhere.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
What I do not understand is that, even if they are rebranded why are you mad that they are able to market the product better and earn more money?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Shhhhh Sid. They're listening and they're everywhere.
Just checking...

Old 03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
NMgokart
6th Gear
What I do not understand is that, even if they are rebranded why are you mad that they are able to market the product better and earn more money?
If I were a stockholder, this would be ideal. I'm not. As a consumer, I look for the lowest price for a particular item, or balance price with customer service. I do not seek out the most expensive, just to say that I have the best. A lot of times, you just pay more for the same part. The sticker is meaningless.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Because there's a difference between a markup that's the result of "added value", and simply using deception and/or outright lies in order to price-gouge.

Here's an example of "added value":

If I go to Barnes & Noble to buy a book, I can expect to pay 10% or so more than if I ordered the same book through Amazon.com. But, in exchange for that markup, B&N has added value - I can read as much of the book as I want to before I decide to buy it, there's a helpful sales staff in case I have any questions, and I can walk out of the store with the book the same day, rather than waiting to have it shipped to me. That's "added value", and it justifies B&N's slightly higher price compared to an internet-only vendor.

What value is Palo Uber adding when they market the Konigseder widebody kit as their own design and inflate the price by almost $3,000?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
For the same reason you just gave with your Barnes & Noble example.

Customer Service. These guys go above and beyond with ever sale to make sure there customers are truly happy and also support everything they sell to the fullest.

I can not justify the $3k on the body kit but most if not all of there other products, I can say personally say are worth the extra.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:47 AM
edubledie
4th Gear
Now, that we have gone completely off topic.. The light bar is awesome and one of a kind in desgin. And priced the best in terms of what is currently in the marketplace.

We can all love or hate the companies that make parts for our Mini's but they are making parts for our cars! I think we all should be more thankful that we have so many choices to make. If you do not like it or think it is overpriced that is fine with me, we are all adults here and can make up or own decisions.

I just think we need to stop all bashing and get back to enjoying our Mini's.

Now, let's motor

I definately agree with the intentions behind what you are saying but what PU does is theft. it makes me wonder if all the companies it rips off are aware and if they have any pending lawsuits against them . i dont think theres one single thing on PU's site i would EVER buy and quite frankly i think they arent benefiting the mini community they are trying to rip us off. What i love about minis and all the vendors ive bought from are their passion for minis and owners alike. PU well theyre just wannabe profiteers. they need to be kicked off NAM as they are an injustice to reputable vendors

Old 03-17-2007, 08:49 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
For the same reason you just gave with your Barnes & Noble example.

Customer Service. These guys go above and beyond with ever sale to make sure there customers are truly happy and also support everything they sell to the fullest.

I can not justify the $3k on the body kit but most if not all of there other products, I can say personally say are worth the extra.
Well, good customer service only justifies so much markup. For the prices that PU is charging for some of their items compared to other offerings on the market of similar quality and performance, they'd have to hand-deliver the parts, install them for you, warranty them forever, detail your car, and perform unspeakable sexual acts on you in order to justify their markup.

Their titanium supercharger pulley is another example (and I hate to bring this one up, knowing that you've already bought one). Nothing about their pulley justifies a price that's FIVE TIMES the market price for similar pullies. Their engineering claims don't even pass the "grin test".

The things they say about titanium being expensive and having a finer internal grain structure than stainless steel are true, but they have no bearing on the performance of the pulley. Likewise, their pulley is lighter than a stainless steel one, but when you consider that the pulley is bolted to the much-heavier supercharger shaft, which in turn has to drive the water pump, the few ounces saved on the pulley will have no discernible effect on the overall angular inertia of the entire assembly. As long as a pulley is machined straight and runs true without slipping belts, one 15% pulley will give the same performance as any other 15% pulley.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
goin440
6th Gear
The two photos appear to have been snapped at very similar locations during conisidentally similar weather with oddly similar kits with similar wheels. I even remember seeing both fr/r views on Mania's site for the same kit (with a less aggressive kit version on a silver MINI), circa 2003. I'm no sleuth, but if it quacks like a duck, its not a bear.

Obviously, no one else was fooled. So I feel good about not mistaking a duck for something else.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior New palo uber wide arches?