Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Intercooler Cover on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 AM
davavd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intercooler Cover on Ebay

If you have been thinking about painting your intercooler cover, there is one on Ebay at a good (for now ) price.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 AM
scatpack
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Link?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Um... if you can't find it on eBay with the info he's already given, then you probably shouldn't be MODing in the first place. I mean, really - it literally took me 10 seconds to find it.

Thanks for letting us know, Davavd - I'm sure I'll be outbid, but it's worth looking into.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
Originally Posted by ImagoX
Um... if you can't find it on eBay with the info he's already given, then you probably shouldn't be MODing in the first place. I mean, really - it literally took me 10 seconds to find it.

Thanks for letting us know, Davavd - I'm sure I'll be outbid, but it's worth looking into.
oh man, quit being such a ninny ....just give him the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
if Armor all ever touched that plastic Paint will not stick to it

Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 03Indigo
oh man, quit being such a ninny ....just give him the link.
Well, come ON... How much easier can it be?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
just be friendly, it took way more effort for you to post up a snide remark than it would have been to find the link, copy and paste.

I guess I just believe in helping on the forums, that is what they are here for.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
It's true... it did take more effort. But hey, sometimes the overwhelming apathy that I see on internet forums gets to me.

I'm certainly not one of those people that answers every question with "Use the SEARCH function N00b!", but flat-out refusing to simply go to eBay and type in the words "MINI Cooper intercooler cover" into a search box (like I did) really annoyed me, especially since he or someone else sent there via your helpful link will probably outbid me on the peice. The way I figure it, you probably "helped" someone either drive up my cost or buy the item out from under me, someone that may have been too flat-out lazy to get there otherwise.

PS - in the "helpful" spirit of the NAM forums, I've asked the seller about the Armor-All issue... I'll even post up the answer, once I have it. my assumption was that this is still "Like new" since it only has like 30 miles on it, but it's a good point and worth knowing if anyone is looking to purchase this for a re-paint job. I even asked the seller to update his auction with that info if he had the time....

Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
No need to start a war here... But why even bring it up to begin with? The best bet would be to not say anything and hope it goes unnoticed till the auction closes...
It's true... it did take more effort. But hey, sometimes the overwhelming apathy that I see on internet forums gets to me.

I'm certainly not one of those people that answers every question with "Use the SEARCH function N00b!", but flat-out refusing to simply go to eBay and type in the words "MINI Cooper intercooler cover" into a search box (like I did) really annoyed me, especially since he or someone else sent there via your helpful link will probably outbid me on the peice. The way I figure it, you probably "helped" someone either drive up my cost or buy the item out from under me, someone that may have been too flat-out lazy to get there otherwise.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
I'm certainly not one of those people that answers every question with "Use the SEARCH function N00b!"
that is exactly what you did, read your own comments, very snide and judgemental on his right to mod his own car. You never know, maybe he is a high performance tuner, or someone that does ALL his own work on his car, mechanical, electrical, etc. You showed your true colors by your comments and by your last post...that you are so greedy you are not wanting to pay what the part is worth for the seller. That is somewhat uncool and very self serving.

As far as driving the price of an auction up, just buy one from the dealer if you are afraid the price will be too high. In all fairness to the seller, he deserves as much as people are willing to pay. I hope he gets a ton for it

I agree with 1nf3rn0, your comments are drawing more attention, and I will be glad to help add any attention to the item I can, karma is a biatch

No war intended, just be cool, and helpful....people will like you more. Right now, despite all your write ups, I don't like you very much, due to your comments, I can tell the type of person you truly are. MINI drivers are supposed to be good natured people, so leave the "STFA" attitude at the door, please.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
PGT
Banned
Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0
No need to start a war here... But why even bring it up to begin with? The best bet would be to not say anything and hope it goes unnoticed till the auction closes...
<ding ding ding>

the jerk in me now wants to run the bid up just because

Old 03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
vestanpance
3rd Gear
Cut the guy (imagox) some slack, he's good peeps

Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
Originally Posted by vestanpance
Cut the guy (imagox) some slack, he's good peeps
Based on what, comments like these?

Um... if you can't find it on eBay with the info he's already given, then you probably shouldn't be MODing in the first place.
I'm not gonna cut him any slack since he was not cutting scatpack any slack. His comments do not sound like good peeps comments to me.

I just remember this community from 4 years ago (spent time with Mark Ferguson himself on several drives, track days, lunches), when people were helpful and did not make comments like you find on ricer tuner forums...or other huge forums like vwvortex (all of which I visited over the years, and no longer visit). It is like a competition to see who can write STFA first, or yell REPOST, or GO SEARCH YOURSELF. If I were new to this group, I would run and never look back with comments like he made. Not very "good peeps" in my eyes, or to those who are new to the forums. There is a lot of information here, sometimes it is VERY difficult to find what you need, even if it is so close it could bite you. As for an ebay search, that should have been linked in the original post, or this thread should have been put in the market place where it belongs....but by not helping, well, that speaks for itself.

The jerk in me does not want to cut him any slack, why should I when he was far from helpful in his first post?...

Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
PGT
Banned
Originally Posted by 03Indigo
If I were new to this group, I would run and never look back with comments like he made.
amen! be careful though....don't criticize this place elst you get hate threads started about you like I've seemed to do in my 10 months here (quite the opposite of my welcome on other boards)

Old 03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
minjae
6th Gear
where is the loveeeeeeeeeee?
hahaha to be honest...i was about to ask for the link too..gosh..i need to get UN-lazy..
but..after reading those comments..ill search..
dont want any arguing to occur ya know.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
nixjosh2
4th Gear
can't we all just get along

Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Um... didn't mean to pee in anyone's Cheerios here.

Honestly, I was just bugged by ONE (uno, ich, un) case of "web apathy" and decided to vent about it for 15 seconds. Seriously - it was sad, but I forgot about it right afterwards. However, I was not aware that Indigo (who, after all, has spent time with the the Mark Ferguson...on several drives as well as the occasional track day, and that's completely beside the aforementioned and no doubt very enjoyable lunch.. I think his qualifications are well established it all I'm trying to say, here people…) decided to not "cut me any slack". Of course, I didn't ask for the aforementioned slack and in fact I reject your slack... reject it, I say, sir! I am undeserving of such consideration!

That said, wretch and malcontent that I am (some may even call me “rabble rouser” tho' I feel that may be too harsh), I stand my every last word, jot and tittle that I wrote... probably because, just as I predicted, someone came in and outbid me. Can you see how upset by that I am?? Well? Can you? I'm a man in pain here, Indigo! What's the point in even trying to go on?? I bare my breast to you, sir (you, who have cavorted with the legendary Mark Ferguson and who's word is beyond reproach) - take your pistol and end my suffering here and now!

On a lighter note, I never heard back from the seller about the "Armor All issue". If he didn’t update his eBay auction and you mean to paint this, then you might want to ask him a second time just to be sure.

Happy bidding all, and goodbye, cruel, cruel world!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Matt,

Sorry to hear you are leaving our cold, cruel world... I hope it doesn't hurt much.... but before you jump over the ledge to your happy ending.... can I have all your left over LEDs?

YD

Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
See? I'm not even cold yet and the vultures are already descending to pick clean my sad, sorry bones. "MINI drivers are supposed to be good natured people..." INDEED!

(JK, YD... )