Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior GAuge & ePod package deal discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAuge & ePod package deal discussion

Good news folks! The Rogues have found a way to get you one of the most incredible package deals EVER. For a limited time we are offering Defi gauges & ATI ePod packages. Please feel free to ask questions or give suggestions

Put your dancing shoes on because it's time for the happy dance!

If you've ever shopped for gauges before you know a deal this good may not come around again.
This SPECIAL deal is for SEPTEMBER ONLY so act NOW!

Cooper S Package
1 ePOD (fits MINIs w/o Nav, model years 2002 to Oct.'04)
1 Defi controll unit II
1 60mm Defi Boost gauge BFWhite or Amber lighting
1 60mm Defi Oil or Water Temp gauge BF white or Amber lighting
Optional add on; Rogue eyes at a discounted price add $15

only $510 Plus FREE Shipping!
(MSRP $705)

Cooper Package

1 ePOD (fits MINIs w/o Nav, model years 2002 to Oct.'04)
1 Defi controll unit II
1 60mm Defi Oil Temp gauge BFWhite or Amber lighting
1 60mm Defi Water Temp gauge BF White or Amber lighting
Optional add on; Rogue eyes at a discounted price add $15

only $494 Plus FREE Shipping!
(MSRP $673)

For these packages we can accept Paypal or Major Credit cards, please email me (info@rogueminis.com) with your order and information as these are concidered special orders there will be no paypal button.
Do these packages not fit your needs? Please let me know and I will see if I can make you happy (info@rogueminis.com)

*See below for product photos and descriptions*
MINI Cooper ePOD
- Direct fit replacements for the steering column. Each piece is injection molded with the same material as the original
- Color and texture matched.
- The gauges can also can be positioned to your specific needs. They tilt, rotate, turn so you get the best position possible.
It's simply the cleanest and highest quality solution out there!

Last edited by StoopidGirl; 09-18-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
scatpack
4th Gear
Why not 05-06s?

Old 09-15-2006, 06:33 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
MINI changed the piece on the stearing colum where the ePod goes so it no longer fits. The new version the tach attaches directly to the stearing colum where the '04 and older had a seperate piece.

If there's enough interest ATI will make one for the newer models

hope this helps

Last edited by StoopidGirl; 09-15-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
How come the Alta pod holder doesn't have year specific models?? Is your pod different than the Alta (other than the obvious that it turns and swivels etc.)?

Old 09-15-2006, 07:33 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Alta is a seperate company. ATI (autotechinteriors) is the manufacturer on these. I did a bit of research and from what I found these were the best looking and most functional. The ePod attaches to the stearing column, matches in color and becomes one with the car.

Last edited by StoopidGirl; 09-15-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
The alta attaches to the Tach it's self.. this attaches to the steering colum...replacing the cover that goes over the colum and tach.. that piece was changed in NOV 04 and now the cover it built into the steering colum

I have the ATI and love it... I only wish this deal was around when I got my gauges cause the total package is a steal... and I didn't get the fancy black faced when off gauges :(

Last edited by Tüls; 09-15-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
I dont doubt you that they are high quality. My question was really what is different about ATI's holder and ALTA's holder that they're holder will fit all years but the ATI's wont?
Thanks,
Steve

Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fireballed Tuls
The alta attaches to the Tach it's self.. this attaches to the steering colum...replacing the cover that goes over the colum and tach.. that piece was changed in NOV 04 and now the cover it built into the steering colum
Thanks for clearing that up

Old 09-15-2006, 07:48 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Vern- sorry...I misread the question, I thought you read the company name wrong...oops.
Thanks Tuls for helping out.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
No prob, for once I wish I had an older car...kinda bummed it don't fit my car......THIS IS A GREAT DEAL EVERYONE!! I've seen Defi gauges in person before in a WRX and they are just beautiful. They should be the standard for all gauge companies.
- Steve

Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Vernon29RW
No prob, for once I wish I had an older car...kinda bummed it don't fit my car......THIS IS A GREAT DEAL EVERYONE!! I've seen Defi gauges in person before in a WRX and they are just beautiful. They should be the standard for all gauge companies.
- Steve
Thanks! Defi is really expensive too so I did everything I could to get a great deal out.
If you're interested in a Defi package let me know and I'll see what I can come up with

Old 09-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Brain1.0
Manufacturer
These are by far the hottest guages I have seen. I am going to be fitting a set in my car VERY soon. Aside from the look the quality is top notch and the setup is even sweeter. Everything about them is what the standard should be, cant even set an autometer next to them without the autometer getting embarrased.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Nitro22
2nd Gear
Hey Everyone!

I have a 2005 MINI and was able to fit the ATI ePod. I had to cut part of the plastic column cover, which wasn't difficult at all. The ePod mount covers the section you cut so you can never tell.

I also have the Defi gauges, which in my opinion are the best gauges around.

Don't miss this deal!

-Aaron

Old 09-16-2006, 01:59 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Nitro22
Hey Everyone!

I have a 2005 MINI and was able to fit the ATI ePod. I had to cut part of the plastic column cover, which wasn't difficult at all. The ePod mount covers the section you cut so you can never tell.

I also have the Defi gauges, which in my opinion are the best gauges around.

Don't miss this deal!

-Aaron
WOW! Thanks Nitro! I had no idea. All the things we've torn apart on these cars you'd think we would know that. If I'm ever around let me check it out...or if you have pics I'm sure everyone would love to see them (wink wink nudge nudge) I wouldn't want anyone being excluded

Thanks Brain as well

Old 09-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Originally Posted by StoopidGirl
Thanks! Defi is really expensive too so I did everything I could to get a great deal out.
If you're interested in a Defi package let me know and I'll see what I can come up with
I really would like to get a boost gauge but I dont really feel the need for an oil temp/press/water temp gauge. I can't really think of anything else to have though, maybe an EGT gauge? We already have water temp and oil press is only gonna tell you that you lost your oil pressure and thats why your motor stopped running and the oil temp, well what are you gonna do?? I woudl think that an EGT gauge might be a warning of too lean of a mixture and obviously take the correct measures to fix the situation. Anyone have any other ideas for a "useful" gauge?

Steve

P.S. As far as the Autometer gauges go, I have the pro comp ultra lites in my pickup and they are just pathetic. They've actually cheapened my interior and I have a basic lowest level trim toyota tacoma. They have horrible lighting and also let moisture inside the gauge and fog up the lens so two thumbs down for me on Autometer. I do realize the Nexus and Cobalt gauges are of higher quality but dont really match any manufacturers interior color.
Just my $.02

Old 09-16-2006, 10:21 PM
One-D
2nd Gear
I have installed Defi gauges on other cars--- definitely top quality. The boost gauge is stepper motor controlled (like BMW gauges), and it's an electronic gauge. It minimizes the tubing needed for measuring pressure & vacuum, which leads to better accuracy. YOu can also record peak levels also when the control unit is close at hand.

I don't think including an EGT gauge with that price is possible though

Old 09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Nitro22
2nd Gear
2005 Retrofit

Originally Posted by StoopidGirl
WOW! Thanks Nitro! I had no idea. All the things we've torn apart on these cars you'd think we would know that. If I'm ever around let me check it out...or if you have pics I'm sure everyone would love to see them (wink wink nudge nudge) I wouldn't want anyone being excluded

Thanks Brain as well
StoopidGirl,

Here's a picture of the piece I cut out. It's part of the top cover that resides at the base of the speedo. The ePod replaces the piece that is cut out. I used a soldering gun with a cutting tip to easily cut the piece out. You can also use a dremel as well.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:24 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Vern-I'll see if I can't work up a deal to include the EGT for you, check back or I"ll send you a PM hopefully later today.

One-thanks, I'm still learning the products but I know they're pretty much the best of the best when it comes to gauges. It's one of those things where you get what you pay for.

Nitro-THANKS!!!!! :D I hope you don't mind if I repost those photos for now since I haven't been able to actually do this myself. It's good to know there are options for the 05's and 06's...oh and are those the BRG Defi gauges? I'm going to be carrting them soon as well, I like them a lot

Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Very nice gauges but at a steep price tag.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:30 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alas, I have an '06. The black gauges are indeed sharp, though. Maybe one day...

Old 09-18-2006, 07:51 AM
shooler
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Nitro22
StoopidGirl,

Here's a picture of the piece I cut out. It's part of the top cover that resides at the base of the speedo. The ePod replaces the piece that is cut out. I used a soldering gun with a cutting tip to easily cut the piece out. You can also use a dremel as well.

Does the boost gauge in the Rouge Minis pkg say "turbo", or "boost" (like the gauge pictured above)? I would rather the boost gauge display "boost" instead of "turbo". Seems trivial, but more accurate.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Bahama-Thanks for checking us out. Yes Defi gauges are expensive but Defi also makes the best gauges in the world. They are an OE supplier for cars like the Suburu WRX and STi. In light of that, this is actually quite an unusual discount. Defi gauges are not usually discounted much...especially from quallified dealers. If there are any other gauges you would prefer with this package deal please let me know as I have a good reputation with other vendors and should be able to help you out

Imago-Thanks, I'm hoping to offer another package soon with the new BRG (Blue Race Gauges) as well. Both styles are sweet if you ask me.

Shooler-(Edit)They do say boost! I just realized the wrong photos are up there. I will change them, but if you would like the BRG (Blue Racer Guages) pictured by Nitro that say Boost and glow Blue, they are only offered by select vendors right now, I can get them for you. Prices range from$100-$180 depending on the gauge. I personally am a fan of the blue and hope to get them in my car soon. (biting my fingernails as the time passes)

Last edited by StoopidGirl; 09-18-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Looks like the Turbo and the Boost gauges use totally different measuring systems... I'd think we'd need Boost in PSI to be actyally, useful.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
PS. Here's what the Blue Racer gauges look like...mmmmmmm BRG

Old 09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Oh, yeah... that's nice. What's with the all black ones, though?

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior GAuge & ePod package deal discussion