Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Replacement Seat Issue, Wood Dash Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:29 AM
hppsco
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Seat Issue, Wood Dash Issue

OK.

I have read pages and pages. I have recently aquired a used MC '05 with 6,000 miles on it. It came with those NASTY plain grey leatherette flat hard, grey seats.

I am small and light 100lbs. I also have a broken tailbone. These seats I discovered are HORRIBLE in 3 days of driving. As I have quickly seen and learned, it is a common issue.

Side air bags, seatbelt sensor, occupency sensor, and heated. I want Sport buckets with higher thigh and arm bolsters. IS THERE NOTHING ON THE AFTERMARKET except custom re-upholstering THE ENTIRE CAR for $1,500 that will RETAIN all these features in my seats? Where do we all buy seats, new or used? I have YET to find something except custom. How about SEAT COVERS that accomplish this? (that arent butt ugly)

HELP?

Second, want to put wood dash on my MINI. Any news about the stick on wood veneer, or where to get the wood dash panel OEM replacements fairly inexpensively? Has anyone used the stick on veneer, how is it, does it stay? Many thanks - anyfeedback would be appreciated!

Old 05-11-2006, 07:03 AM
thebill
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hppsco
I also have a broken tailbone.
You might want to get that looked at.

In the interim, this seat may work for you.
Comfy Seat

Old 05-11-2006, 07:46 AM
hppsco
1st Gear
THE BILL,
not funny, but funny.
I have had this broken tailbone since I was 16 and fell backwards trying to move a soda machine from the bottom to get to a softball behind it. Nothin you can do about it, but sitting in really hard chairs, or a bicycle seat, I feel it right away. Just accepted it as a part of my life.........Thoses damn big chairs would look awfully funny in my MINI wouldn't they- I would have to stick my feet out the window

Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Mini Works
5th Gear
I will try to help,

There is the option to go with recaro aftermarket seats, they specialize in seats for people with bad backs.
the only problem is that their seats start around $1000 each

here is the recaro website, www.recaro-nao.com
if you have any question just give us a call or email

Hope this helps

Victor

Old 05-11-2006, 01:12 PM
hppsco
1st Gear
wood dash veneer apliques

anybody have any experience with the wood veneer press on dashes? I have been looking at them on EBAY? any feedback?

Old 05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
lcubed
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the wood dash is a OEM option for the australian market.
you might ask over in that forum for mini part numbers.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:37 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
What about getting a set of Wet Okole Seat Covers Maybe the extra 1/2 inch of padding would be enough. They are definitely cheaper than new seats and are cut specifically for MINI's factory seats and work with the side airbags.

Last edited by dave; 05-11-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by lcubed
the wood dash is a OEM option for the australian market.
you might ask over in that forum for mini part numbers.
Wood dash is also available from MINIUSA. It is in my accessories catalog from the dealer. 3-piece dash for 05/06 is listed at $435, 5-piece dash (pre-05) is $521. There is a picture and part numbers here: http://motoringfile.com/files/wood_interior_trim.pdf

If you can decide in the next couple of weeks, it would be an opportunity to take advantage of Classic MINI's 25% off sale: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=68258

Old 05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
rrdusek
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depending on where you're located, i have a great set of sport seats,(all black leatherette) with airbags, but no heat that i would sell you. i don't know if they'll bolt in your cooper, but we could research that. i bet they'll bolt right in the four holes, probably do the whole install in an hour. i also don't know what they would be worth.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:07 PM
hppsco
1st Gear
ooh ooh ooh!

Wow, that's great! Look at all the OEM goodies I can buy at 25% off!
Thanks! how do I find their web site to see some of the items offered? or should I look in my MINI catalog for ideas too? I would love the wood steering wheel, $725.00 is alot of bananas though. whew. Has anyone used the press on veneer kits, or should i just buy the OEM PANELS. Are there any other wood veneer parts not shown in the photo? I really want colored seats, I may splurge down the road with custom leather. Rght now I have ordered these from EBAY- at least to save my tailbone:
photo here:MEMORY FOAM RACE STYLE SEAT COVERS CUSHIONS

I'll see if I can raise the side strap so it doesn't impinge on the air bag bolster. Will let you know how they are when I get them. Ordered them in RED of course for my red MINI.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:48 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by hppsco
how do I find their web site to see some of the items offered? or should I look in my MINI catalog for ideas too?
Classic MINI (like most MINI dealerships) has a website with an accessories section, although they have very incomplete listings. Better to pick up a copy of the MINI accessories catalog at your dealer which has MSRP prices and part numbers. Then you can order from Classic MINI where everyday NAM discount is around 20% (varies by item). Parts and accessories are also listed on RealOEM (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do), but you need to know what you are looking for. For example here's the page for the wood dash: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...01&hg=51&fg=95