Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New guy, couple of questions ( searched)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Dieseler
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy, couple of questions ( searched)

Hey everyone,

I'm seriously looking at a MCS but have a few questions I'm curious about.

1) It looks that the OEM rack is the best choice for my needs. I know it requires drilling, but I need the weight capacity/stability. BUT, how easy is it to take off when not in service and what is the best option for plugging the mounting holes?

2) What is the max speaker mounting depth for the rear speakers?

3) Is it at all possible to retrofit the MC spare tire mount to the MCS? I know exhaust would need changing and battery relocated correct? But other than those two things is there anything keeping me from being able to mount a spare there?

THanks!

Old 10-08-2005, 02:31 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseler
Hey everyone,

I'm seriously looking at a MCS but have a few questions I'm curious about.

1) It looks that the OEM rack is the best choice for my needs. I know it requires drilling, but I need the weight capacity/stability. BUT, how easy is it to take off when not in service and what is the best option for plugging the mounting holes?
I have to run out and double check on the weight but I believe it's 100lbs off the top of my head.

As for removing the crossbars and supports, there's a t-wrench that's provided with the rack, it's a matter of removing 8 screws I believe, not sure since I've never removed mine.

Finally for the mounting holes, there's no plugging them. The large screw heads (for lack of a better name) stay mounted to the roof you are provided with plastic caps to cover up the heads when you get the rack installed.