Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior R56 Pre-LCI to LCI Interior Swap/Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 04:37 AM
Stingreh
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slademan
I was never interested in the NAV unit. I more preferred the large speedo. Although it was good to read about the Mic placement. I'll have to look into that a bit more. I've almost got the aux cable figured out and the only thing not working then would be the Mic for using Bluetooth with my phone...
Did you ever get this figured out? Having the same issue with my swap. Everything works as it should except the AUX input.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:10 AM
slademan
4th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Stingreh
Did you ever get this figured out? Having the same issue with my swap. Everything works as it should except the AUX input.
No I did not. I quit worrying about it. At this point I’ve got an award winning custom stereo and the aux input isn’t even important to me anymore. I’m taking the car to Nationals next year. 👍🏼

Old 06-17-2023, 02:14 AM
sp_opc
Neutral
Hello to everyone,

I recently bought a MCS R56 (2007 model) and I have a question regarding the pre-LCI to LCI interior swap.
Frankly, I have searched quite a lot online and I have also asked a bunch of Mini specialized technicians, but to no avail, so you are almost my last hope

My car is equipped with manual air condition (not the auto one with the LCD screen) and the controls are pretty worn (they are fully functional but not pleasant to the eye ).
I have found some better looking pre-LCI panels, but I've also found a few LCI manual a/c panels (including the switches below controlling the windows, fog lights and central lock) from donor cars with the exactly same configuration as mine (no heated seats, front and rear fog lights).

So, my 1 million dollar question is: can I swap directly my old panel with the LCI manual a/c panel? Is it a plug and play conversion (both for the a/c controls and the swithces below) or will it need tweaking and parts exchange (as stated for the auto a/c panels)?? The pre-LCI and the LCI panels look almost identical in the rear but if someone has done or knows about this conversion, I would really appreciate the info!!

Thank you in advance!!!

Old 06-17-2023, 02:21 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sp_opc
Hello to everyone,

I recently bought a MCS R56 (2007 model) and I have a question regarding the pre-LCI to LCI interior swap.
Frankly, I have searched quite a lot online and I have also asked a bunch of Mini specialized technicians, but to no avail, so you are almost my last hope

My car is equipped with manual air condition (not the auto one with the LCD screen) and the controls are pretty worn (they are fully functional but not pleasant to the eye ).
I have found some better looking pre-LCI panels, but I've also found a few LCI manual a/c panels (including the switches below controlling the windows, fog lights and central lock) from donor cars with the exactly same configuration as mine (no heated seats, front and rear fog lights).

So, my 1 million dollar question is: can I swap directly my old panel with the LCI manual a/c panel? Is it a plug and play conversion (both for the a/c controls and the swithces below) or will it need tweaking and parts exchange (as stated for the auto a/c panels)?? The pre-LCI and the LCI panels look almost identical in the rear but if someone has done or knows about this conversion, I would really appreciate the info!!

Thank you in advance!!!
While I can’t answer your question EXACTLY (dont you hate it when someone starts answering like that? :D ), I can tell you that the automatic one is NOT a direct swap - the LCD appears to have a slightly different controller, and therefore requires disassembly. But with that experience, I would expect that the manual one is either a totally direct swap, or worst case you might have to Frankenstein the two together (maybe the controller board has to come from yours but the switches and so on from the new one).

Old 06-17-2023, 03:07 AM
sp_opc
Neutral
Originally Posted by jbourne
While I can’t answer your question EXACTLY (dont you hate it when someone starts answering like that? :D
Yes, that's true

Well, because I've read about the auto a/c panel conversion and noted the difference between the two panels you mention, I've been also led to believe that the manual a/c conversion will be probably a direct swap, but a confirmation from someone who has actually gone through with it would be nice

Nevertheless, thanks for your answer!