Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior How to black out the chrome belt around the car ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 04:35 PM
got_mini?
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to black out the chrome belt around the car ?

Im not even sure what its called but the chrome belt that kinda holds up the minis pants, lol
How do you black it out >?
I rear about a tape but not sure what to search for online ?

Please help.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:45 PM
isamin
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
outmotoring sells the tape but be mindful that each gen MINI has its own specific size. great product & service.

ISAMIN

Old 09-19-2015, 06:56 PM
got_mini?
2nd Gear
What exactly is it im searching for ?
tried tape, didnt find much

Old 09-19-2015, 06:59 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 09-19-2015, 08:00 PM
got_mini?
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bavmotors

Thank you . . .

Old 09-19-2015, 08:01 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by got_mini?
Thank you . . .
happy to help, take your time when you do it, I had to order another roll to get mine to look good.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Deej Ledingham
Neutral
Plasti dip

Originally Posted by got_mini?
Im not even sure what its called but the chrome belt that kinda holds up the minis pants, lol
How do you black it out >?
I rear about a tape but not sure what to search for online ?

Please help.
I masked and taped my windows. Even though it comes off a lot easier then you think if you get over spray on it. I did the belt, my gas cap, and my badges, along with the air vents on both sides of the car. Plasti dip is really simple to use too, and very inexpensive.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Seven years ago I researched the various products and means(plastidip, paint and vendor products) to black out the beltline chrome and finally settled on Scotch Super 33 vinyl electrical tape after reading numerous reviews. I know some may scoff at the idea as I initially did. Here are the pluses experienced after seven years: handles the elements well, very easy to apply(took all of twenty minutes) or replace( if need be), perfect fit, sold everywhere and least but not least inexpensive. One roll will black out more MINIs than I will ever own. The minuses: the perception of using electrical tape as a blackout product. I have no doubt that the blackout tape sold by vendors is a great product, I just happened to try the Scotch brand tape on a lark and it worked just fine for me. Each to their own.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Seven years ago I researched the various products and means(plastidip, paint and vendor products) to black out the beltline chrome and finally settled on Scotch Super 33 vinyl electrical tape after reading numerous reviews. I know some may scoff at the idea as I initially did. Here are the pluses experienced after seven years: handles the elements well, very easy to apply(took all of twenty minutes) or replace( if need be), perfect fit, sold everywhere and least but not least inexpensive. One roll will black out more MINIs than I will ever own. The minuses: the perception of using electrical tape as a blackout product. I have no doubt that the blackout tape sold by vendors is a great product, I just happened to try the Scotch brand tape on a lark and it worked just fine for me. Each to their own.

^^^ This ^^^

I suspect the the blackout tape sold by many vendors is Scotch electrical tape. Don't stretch it as you apply it or it will come off when it shrinks back.