Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior need to replace the rear bulb...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:36 AM
20C4S
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody know if i just want to replace the rear turn signal bulb, do i need to pull the entire light kit out or i can just do it from inside?

Old 07-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>does anybody know if i just want to replace the rear turn signal bulb, do i need to pull the entire light kit out or i can just do it from inside?

From the inside. Open the door on the inside fenderwell. There is a circuit board with attached bulbs fastened to the back of the taillight assembly. In the middle of the circuit board is a slot. A tang on the taillight assembly snaps into this slot to hold the circuit board in place. Push down on the tang and the circuit board pops free.

Search this website for "taillight" for pictures.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For God's sake, whatever you do don't have a dog change it for you. But if you decide to have one do it, here are the different temperments: Choose your best bet.

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

2. Border Collie: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

3. Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

4. Rottweiler: Make me.

5. Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

6. Lab: Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!

7. German Shepherd: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

8. Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

9. Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb?

10. Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

11. Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

12. Pointer: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there.....

13. Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

14. Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a circle...

15. Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.