Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!

Hi everyone,

For those of you who don't know us, we've been providing the MINI community (and dozens of other brands as well, by the way) with leather interior accessories: shift and brake boots, armrest covers, door bar covers and more. Here's a link to our 1st gen MINI thread that has a lot of feedback from MINI enthusiasts about our products.

We have just released the 07+ MINI line, comprising:
- shift boot
- brake boot
- center armrest cover
- door armrest covers

You can find out more by going to this link: http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINI07shiftboot.shtm

or by clicking these sweet photos below!

All the info you need (pricing, color chart, delivery and return terms, current specials, etc.) can be found on under this link, so please go there for the most up to date information.

All I'm going to say now is that until Christmas we will cover shipping of your order! as long as the total is above $50 (basically any combination of products above a single shift or brake boot will qualify).

We are still working on the installation instructions and will post updates as they become available.

Take care,
Maciek

Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet!!! I'll most likely be ordering the shift and ebrake boots soon. I don't have the center armrest, and my color line is cream white so no need for the other parts.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:45 PM
benji_mini
4th Gear
im still hesitant to cut into my new boot but i love the way that car came out. if anyone else has installed ebrake and shift boots on an 07 please post instructions on how to do it. im having trouble especially with removing the ebrake setup from the console without getting the feeling like i am about to break something.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Nimcosi
4th Gear
How close are the shift boot and ebrake boot leather colors to the factory Mini color lines?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nimcosi
How close are the shift boot and ebrake boot leather colors to the factory Mini color lines?
From the pics they look to be an exact match to the cream piping on the carbon lounge leather seats. Hence my drooling over them. Would complement my interior perfectly! Only issue is I'd definitely have to find an installer, as it's definitely not something I'm gonna risk doing myself. Those OEM boots are a lot more complex to remove then one would think.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Redline,

I'm interested in shift boot, ebrake boot, and door armrests. Do I need to remove the arm rests and send them to you? Will your instructions cover that, and will you have them in time for your free shipping offer?

Have you considered covering some of the dash panels? I have Piano Black and I'm not very happy with it. It might look good covered in an interesting leather.

I was going to have you make these items out of leather with an ostrich skin imprint, but having seen the stuff in person, I've changed my mind. So, I'll probably go with something you supply.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Nimcosi
Hi,

in general, it depends which ones. We are not affiliated with any particular car maker and we deliver our products for many of them, so our color chart is just ours and some colors match perfectly (our sierra leather to the cordoba tan leather on the 1st generation MINIs) while others don't.

Please ask a more specific question and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Maciek

Old 12-12-2007, 04:40 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Msteadman
From the pics they look to be an exact match to the cream piping on the carbon lounge leather seats. Hence my drooling over them. Would complement my interior perfectly! Only issue is I'd definitely have to find an installer, as it's definitely not something I'm gonna risk doing myself. Those OEM boots are a lot more complex to remove then one would think.
I'm not sure, looking at the previous gen. install instructions on our site:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINIinstall.shtm

it doesn't seem that bad, and I don't think it was made much worse for the R56.

Maciek

Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
I'm interested in shift boot, ebrake boot, and door armrests. Do I need to remove the arm rests and send them to you? Will your instructions cover that, and will you have them in time for your free shipping offer?
No, you don't need to send us the armrests, we have templates for them. We are working hard to have the instructions but we cannot promise anything. Worst case scenario you can take it to an interior shop for installation (not necessarily a dealership, any good interior shop will have enough knowhow to do it right).

Have you considered covering some of the dash panels? I have Piano Black and I'm not very happy with it. It might look good covered in an interesting leather.
Not so far, but we're always open to new ventures. Please PM/email me if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you!
Maciek

Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
2007MiniMe
2nd Gear
Hey guys, just talked to RON at AUTO EGO in EAST WINDSOR NJ and he is gonna get together some detailed info for installing boots/armrests for the R56 (2007 MINI) and also cream piping does match interior EXACTLY! black leather does have more grain then the seats but matches the grain of the boots but I think is perfect for those areas. THANX! again to MACIEK at REDLINE GOODS! for a job well done.!!!!!! A+++++ THANX! CHRIS

Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 2007MiniMe
Hey guys, just talked to RON at AUTO EGO in EAST WINDSOR NJ and he is gonna get together some detailed info for installing boots/armrests for the R56 (2007 MINI) and also cream piping does match interior EXACTLY! black leather does have more grain then the seats but matches the grain of the boots but I think is perfect for those areas. THANX! again to MACIEK at REDLINE GOODS! for a job well done.!!!!!! A+++++ THANX! CHRIS
That would be great. The hard part is removing the old boots. Putting them back is easy. Please ask him to cover the removal as well.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
youyudelan
1st Gear
after the long wait, i got my handbrake back and i have put Shift boot and ebrake boot on (from REDLINE GOODS). They looks really nice i love it.

Last edited by youyudelan; 12-24-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:37 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Guys,

I'd like to ask for some help.

We are trying to design an armrest cover for the door armrests that would look good with a stripe on it.

Something along these lines (older MINI):

On the 07+ armrests, the stripe will have it's top in the thin corner (towards the rear of the car) and go horizontally towards the front.

Now, my question is this: in order for it to be perfectly horizontal, how far underneath the FRONT TOP CORNER of the armrest should the top of the stripe be located?

I'm looking at some pictures and I belive that if the stripe goes towards the front top corner, it will be uneven (as in go up towards the front of the car) and I'd like to be sure I'm doing it right.

Please help out if you can!

Take care
Maciek

Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 PM
gr8stat
2nd Gear
Any instructions yet on how to get the 07 automatic shifter **** off to replace the boot?????

Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Looks to be about 1.5" for the center of the stripe.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gr8stat
Any instructions yet on how to get the 07 automatic shifter **** off to replace the boot?????
To get the **** off, you pull up, hard. It has plastic (Nylon?) tabs that go into a groove in the shaft. You have to pull hard enough to bend the plastic tabs. The boot is held to the **** with a ring that goes around the bottom of the **** and is held on with a flange on the plastic.

You can find photos, here:
http://www.robincasady.com/ShiftKnobs/Installation.html

Removing the boot from the console is another story. I'm still waiting for instructions on that before I place an order with Redline.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hello,

here's the first discount code for 2008, preceded by two pictures. We decided to go back to the basics a little this time and show you a simple and elegant color combination: black faux-alcantara with red thread in a 01-04 Impreza WRX.

As you can tell the black faux-alcantara is not raven black, but slightly off-black. The pictures enhance this effect, in reality it's closer to black than these would suggest:

Here's the new code. Valid until Wednesday the 16th: FLF56G0M848

Take care,
Maciek

Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Do you have instructions for removing the R56 shift boot, and door armrests yet?

Old 01-14-2008, 01:28 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
No. :( Can't wait for somebody to make them for us. We're willing to compensate the effort with a 100% reimbursement on the price of the products for that.

Maciek

Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Beebe
3rd Gear
To get the **** off, you pull up, hard.
This works for automatic shift ***** too? How does the release button figure into this? I think I saw another thread where someone said they replaced their automatic shift **** with a manual shift **** because the button doesn't do anything???? (not sure if it was an R56)

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by T-POD
This works for automatic shift ***** too? How does the release button figure into this? I think I saw another thread where someone said they replaced their automatic shift **** with a manual shift **** because the button doesn't do anything???? (not sure if it was an R56)

I did that in my R53 to match the rest of my interior. The button doesn't do anything except act as a safety measure to prevent you from shifting into reverse while in drive. But, the chances of you accidentally hitting the shifter all the way into reverse are very slim, especially if you keep the shifter in the manual/DS mode all the time, like me.

Pictures below.

By the way...Redline goods makes TOP NOTCH products. I have their armrests, shift boot, and ebrake boot in my MINI interior (seen below).

Attached Thumbnails 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!-interior1.jpg   07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!-interior2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 PM
The QZ
4th Gear
I would like to order a set for mine, but I need installation instructions to know what I would be in for. Thinking of charcoal with a dark green stripe and white stitching.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Originally Posted by T-POD
This works for automatic shift ***** too?
I have no idea. I only deal with manual shift *****. Sorry.

Last edited by Robin Casady; 01-14-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:31 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Guys

I am aware of the fact that we don't have good installation instructions at present. We are hoping one of the customers who promised to get them for us will deliver on their promise. There's not much more we can do but wait, we don't have access to a R56 to document the install ourselves.

The offer, again, is that once you send us install instructions, you get all your money back, so effectively your shift boots are free. The offer is still open, the first person to get us the install info gets it. The person who promised it to us a while back, will also get their refund (we'd rather have two documents than none) of course.

As soon as it becomes available, I'll be sure to post about it.

Meanwhile, I can only suggest that if you want our boots, your dealer should always be able to install them for you. Maybe if you're on good terms with them, you could get a copy of the service manual for the R56?

Thank you,
Maciek

Old 01-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Beebe
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
I did that in my R53 to match the rest of my interior. The button doesn't do anything except act as a safety measure to prevent you from shifting into reverse while in drive. But, the chances of you accidentally hitting the shifter all the way into reverse are very slim, especially if you keep the shifter in the manual/DS mode all the time, like me.
Good idea. Thanks for the info. I soooo want to replace my crappy plastic auto shift ***** with something else - especially one of Robin's.

I just placed an order for the Redline shift boot and ebrake boot. At least I can put the brake boot on while we wait for instructions . . .

I wonder if the dealer would use this as an excuse to not honor transmission warranty issues?

Last edited by Beebe; 01-15-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added random thought

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!