Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by T-POD
Good idea. Thanks for the info. I soooo want to replace my crappy plastic auto shift ***** with something else - especially one of Robin's.

I just placed an order for the Redline shift boot and ebrake boot. At least I can put the brake boot on while we wait for instructions . . .

I wonder if the dealer would use this as an excuse to not honor transmission warranty issues?
I've discussed supporting automatic transmissions with Doug Whalen. Since it would require disabling a safety feature, the risk of liability seemed too great.

I've not seen an automatic shift lever without the ****, so I don't know whether the adaptor for the manual shift **** would work.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
youyudelan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for the long wait, i got some picture with center console removed. I hope this will help people that who want to install redline shift boot and ebrake boot.

here is the link show you how to remove handbrake booth.https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=123781

for shift know you just pull it up HARD.

to remove the center console you have to unscrew 3 screws that you can find inside the cup holder. when you unscrew them it only have 4 clips to hold down the console. so you can just pull it up the remove cinter console, but make sure you don't pull it to far, because sport botton and DSC are still on the console you have to remove 3 more screws before you can take the console off.

when you remove the console, some of the clips (one the left one in the picuture) might stay on the car. you can remove it after you remove the consold.

this is how it look under the console and shift boot. For me i think remove console is the only way you can change the shift boot.

for those want to change shift boot, i hope the pictures can hlep you guys when you remove the center console. For my firs time it took me about 30mins to remove it, after i know how to it only take like 10mins.

here is a picture of redline shift / ebrake boots, whalen shift **** and my new center console.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 AM
The QZ
4th Gear
Thanks for the instructions. Does the automatic shift **** remove the same way. just pull it up hard? Or is there more involved cause of the button?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:59 PM
benji_mini
4th Gear
im having some trouble installing my shift boot on my 07 MCS...the shift boot that was OEM is thinner than the Red Line shift boot i received. the shift boot is too thick for the brackets and shift ****. neither fit properly at all...did anyone else have this problem?

did the shift boot you ordered for the R56 come with the slits cut in it that are necessary to fit on the bracket, or did you need to cut them yourself?

if someone experienced this issue please help me! im having trouble.

p.s. - the e-brake boot went on like cake, its just the shifter im having trouble with.

some of the stitching is also coming out..

Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Mark Kurzius
3rd Gear
Can you do the armrests and center armrest in Black Alcatara...

Old 01-27-2008, 06:40 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by benji_mini
im having some trouble installing my shift boot on my 07 MCS...the shift boot that was OEM is thinner than the Red Line shift boot i received. the shift boot is too thick for the brackets and shift ****. neither fit properly at all...did anyone else have this problem?

some of the stitching is also coming out..
Hi Benji,

yes, I'm afraid the increased thickness of leather may cause some difficulty. You may want to sand or file down the inside of the leather where necessary.

What do you mean by some of the stitching coming out?

Maciek

Old 01-27-2008, 06:48 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mark Kurzius
Can you do the armrests and center armrest in Black Alcatara...
Certainly! Here's a link to our color chart:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

Hope that helps!
Maciek

Old 01-27-2008, 10:55 AM
benji_mini
4th Gear
the stitching towards the top of the boot where the shift **** would go is coming undone because of countless attempts at trying to put the **** on (and all attemps were unsuccessful)

Old 01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
benji_mini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
Hi Benji,

yes, I'm afraid the increased thickness of leather may cause some difficulty. You may want to sand or file down the inside of the leather where necessary.

What do you mean by some of the stitching coming out?

Maciek
how do you mean sand it down? with sand paper?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hi,

Normally we use a special machine for this, but a file should work as well, much better than sandpaper because it's not flexible so it would just be easier to do, but if you don't have access to a file you can try sandpaper.

The idea is to file down the inside layer of the leather, the "furry" side so to speak, to make it thinner overall.

Maciek

Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
R56 2007+ Center Armrest

Certainly! Here's a link to our color chart:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

Hope that helps!
Maciek
Speaking of Center Armrests, as the R56 armrest is so "thin" and simply slides back, what are we actually replacing? Can you help with this?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
You are installing a leather cover for your armrests instead of the stock vinyl one.

Maciek

Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
Still Don't Get It

You are installing a leather cover for your armrests instead of the stock vinyl one.

Maciek
I don't get it. Are we poppin off the sliding portion and replacing it with leather, or are we poppin off the vinyl portion of the sliding cover and wrapping it or---see what I mean about confused
Seroiusly, that slider cover is so thin I am having trouble transferring an image to my mind of your pictures in the thread to the R56 center console thingy. OK OK have patience I'm a little slow with this stuff

Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Poppin off the vinyl portion of the sliding cover and wrapping it with leather.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
edijak
2nd Gear
DUH

Poppin off the vinyl portion of the sliding cover and wrapping it with leather.
Thanks-got it now:impatient

Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
Redline:
Am interested in shift, e-Brake, folding armrest and doors. Have you settled on the doors as being a single stripe down the center as in Robin's measurement depiction? Also did some measuring and Robin is "spot-on". Lastly, where in your site do you order piping and what are the colors available. The color in the pictures presented seems to match the creamline piping on the leather and one NAM member said it does. What is that color selection on your site?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:14 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
Redline:
Sorry, just thought of another ? For the doors can we have a stripe as depicted in Robin's photo to match the piping or can piping actually be utilized here? Thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 05:41 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hi,

We decided that stripes will be placed down the center of the door armrests, but the piping will go around it as in the pics we've previously posted. It looks much better that way.

Piping can be ordered right on our order form by using the control for specifying finishing type, directly below the thread color selection.

That picture shows CREAM piping.

Maciek

Old 02-04-2008, 05:42 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by edijak
Redline:
Sorry, just thought of another ? For the doors can we have a stripe as depicted in Robin's photo to match the piping or can piping actually be utilized here? Thanks
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I follow. Is there any way you could explain this further please?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
edijak
2nd Gear
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I follow. Is there any way you could explain this further please?
If we simply want a piping line down the center of the door armrests, can we get that?
My personal feeling is that the "stripe" down the center as depicted in your pictures of past work is too wide for the given area and then to also add piping all around the perimeter results in a very busy armrest and causes one to focus on the door rests. Rather than being an attractive accessory like the boots, they become to the eye, a centerpiece. Personal opinion only. I picture black leather with stitching to enhance and cream piping sewn in the center as an accent. Mini should have done this to begin with.
So, If you go back to Robin Cassady's posting where he answered your question about distance, you would have a great idea as to what I am talking about. I hope this further explains. Heck it only took me 2,000 words

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
To be honest I can make the piping down the center of the armrest but it won't look good. There is a certain surface of leather on the underside of the piping and on a completely flat surface such as the center of the door armrest, it might be visible through the outside surface (thicker leather around piping).

On curved surfaces such as the edges of the armrest you won't notice it.

However if you'd like the stripe to be narrower or piping, you're the customer so you're always right and that's what we'll deliver. I'm just being honest about it and telling you about possible pitfalls.

Maciek

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since we last posted, but we're back.

Here's a brand new pic of a B&M short shifter with an adequately shortened shift boot in a MK5 Jetta/Golf. You can order your shift boot customized for size easily - the appropriate control is right there on our website's order form!

Here's what the stock boot looks like:

Big difference there, isn't it?

Here is the February discount code: 56ET1O6E3O9 Valid through Wednesday, February 13th!

Take care,
Maciek

Old 02-15-2008, 07:52 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hi everyone,

something ordinary, but elegant this time. Black faux-alcantara with burgundy thread to match the painted center console. I really like the matt alcantara look, kind of reminds me of cars that are loaded with alcantara like the GT2 and other top of the line cars...

And the code, valid through Wednesday, February 20th is: 5WY6E16G60I

Have a great weekend,
Maciek

Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
Nees Some Leather to Match

To be honest I can make the piping down the center of the armrest but it won't look good. There is a certain surface of leather on the underside of the piping and on a completely flat surface such as the center of the door armrest, it might be visible through the outside surface (thicker leather around piping).

On curved surfaces such as the edges of the armrest you won't notice it.

However if you'd like the stripe to be narrower or piping, you're the customer so you're always right and that's what we'll deliver. I'm just being honest about it and telling you about possible pitfalls.

Maciek
Am manufacturing an insert for the back of my Mini so as to create a full, with the back seats down, and level bed. Want to cover that with same leather I have ordered for shift boots etc. Can I provide you with dimensions an have the leather cut to the shape? And if so can I have "decorative stitching sewn in. How would order this? Please post and PM me.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM
MTD
1st Gear
Redline
I'm considering ordering shift and parking boots for my Mini. I was thinking of black leather with blue stitching, but I'm having trouble determining which shade of your thread would match the best. My interior is black and Pacific blue and I need to know which thread colour to order. Here is my interior.

Attached Thumbnails 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!-img_0184_std.jpg  

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior 07+ MINI shift boots and central/door armrests from RedlineGoods!