Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Palo Uber C.F. Extension Wing

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nallen00
What is it you do for a living? I've more than 10 YEARS engineering special vehicles, including Champ Car (Walker Racing) and ALMS (Pratt & Miller). You? Ever had to clean up the back side of a REAL racing car? Big difference between speculation and fact, it's called EXPERIENCE. No one was pointing fingers in accusation, nor was anyone's COMPETENCE called into question until you chimed in
so I apologize if my input has been taken as a personal attack - it's not what I intended.
Wow. just wow. There's a crash course in how to win friends and influence people.

PS. I'm digging on those ricey tail lights and Pep Boys graphics JIMINNI. Looking for a fart can?
Even a low blow parting shot.

...don't need one installed DAD, I've been around it all my life In any event, we'll put it to the test when mine arrives. MAN, don't you have some diapers to change or something. KNOW IT ALL...BAAHHH BTW, nice play on the kids. I'll post some data here after we get some testing done, including it's REAL aerodynamic benefits. Until then...P.U.
You do condescending very well.

...OMG, who the hell are you? I'm gonna print off some copies of that last one for the other obsessive-compulsives at work. And that's 30 years, if you must know. You sound like all the machinists and fabricators I've ever worked with. Problem is, they're all still machining and fabricating (None taken from them, that's what they do, and they do some amazing work.) Well, it sounds like you've reduced everything to a very basic and manageable level for yourself, so good for you I'll see ya later with that microscopic dust.
Who'd a thought you could be even more insulting? BTW, nice shots taken at the "working man" machinists & fabricators. They must love you in the shop.

Looking forward...
So are the rest of us...to your next post.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
donjulio
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Wow. just wow. There's a crash course in how to win friends and influence people.

Who'd a thought you could be even more insulting? BTW, nice shots taken at the "working man" machinists & fabricators. They must love you in the shop.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman

Hey, we need a little spice now and again, especially when the initial post sounded a bit too rah-rah-rah to me (YMMV) and as if a PU spokesperson had wrote it. The guy apologized, right? So, let's leave it at that. Besides, he apparently even ordered one , even if his experience tells him it will not help with dirt/dust accumulations on his rear.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
midMOmini
3rd Gear
enough of the arguing lol i would like to see a good pic directly of the side profile if anyone can post it up. also, from info i gathered from reading is there is 2 different versions of this lip? i know they make a frp and a cf one but is there a size difference between the 2?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:38 AM
nallen00
2nd Gear
What The...

No size difference between FRP and CF. The FRP would probably be the best candidate for molding or color matching as mentioned earlier, unless you already own the CF - though I'd be hard pressed to cover up that beautiful finish

MINI FIREMAN
...people like you make it too easy for me MAKING FRIENDS AND INFLUENCING PEOPLE? This started with a purely INNOCENT post. I did not enter this conversation bent on making enemies. You people know EXACTLY what you're writing and how it will be interpreted. Period. If not, then you're a blind fool. JIMINNI stepped up with a pitch, and I obliged with a line drive into his crotch. My apologies were made to the appropriate parties. BTW, the "working man" is NO LESS BRASH with us "know-it-alls" - probably get a laugh out of it if anything. You don't like my responses? Stop writing nonsense. It's that simple

BLACKIE
RAH-RAH-RAH...BAAHHH

Looking forward...

PS. Stop playing COY when your dim-witted remarks blow up in your face.

Last edited by nallen00; 11-26-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:33 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
IBTL

Nohing like personal attacks in a discussion forum.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 AM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did not enter this conversion bent on making enemies.
when you try to convert people, you're bound to make enemies.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:32 AM
nallen00
2nd Gear
You're KILLING Me...

Peace, already Yes, I'm hyper-analytical. I lust over automotive science - practice it every day. I despise shortcuts, excuses, and anyone not willing to pencil-whip the math. Oh, and I LOATHE harlequins - I will not hesitate to shut down a person making statements on false pretense. That's who I am. I don't set out looking for trouble - does anyone see that in my initial post? I don't think so. No regrets, here - my statements stand

ON TOPIC
I know PU makes the carbon fiber piece in house, but what about the FRP? $379 seems pretty salty. I only ask because a friend is looking into the molding suggestion above. Thanks in advance.

PGT
...um, that's a typo, bud

Looking forward...

Last edited by nallen00; 11-26-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No size difference between FRP and CF. The FRP would probably be the best candidate for molding or color matching as mentioned earlier, unless you already own the CF - though I'd be hard pressed to cover up that beautiful finish

MINI FIREMAN
...people like you make it too easy for me MAKING FRIENDS AND INFLUENCING PEOPLE? This started with a purely INNOCENT post. I did not enter this conversion bent on making enemies. You people know EXACTLY what you're writing and how it will be interpreted. Period. If not, then you're a blind fool. JIMINNI stepped up with a pitch, and I obliged with a line drive into his crotch. My apologies were made to the appropriate parties. BTW, the "working man" is NO LESS BRASH with us "know-it-alls" - probably get a laugh out of it if anything. You don't like my responses? Stop writing nonsense. It's that simple

BLACKIE
RAH-RAH-RAH...BAAHHH

Looking forward...

PS. Stop playing COY when your dim-witted remarks blow up in your face.
good morning nallen, I see you forgot to take your pills again .

Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 AM
cooldaddy
5th Gear
didn't think I would have ever say this of a PU product but this item looks nice, and if people state that it keeps the rear of their car clean(er) I believe them - should be very easy to notice... Still, way too expensive...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by cooldaddy
didn't think I would have ever say this of a PU product but this item looks nice, and if people state that it keeps the rear of their car clean(er) I believe them - should be very easy to notice... Still, way too expensive...
Actually compared to a full JCW spoiler, the price is not to bad. JCW-$400.+, PU. I think is $270. .

Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 AM
nallen00
2nd Gear
Hey There...

JIMINNI
...so are you installing one of these things or what? I can't seem to get over the asking price. I mean, it's a fantastic piece, but DANG. Anyway, too late for that. Must be a volume issue, exchange rate, or shipping - that little bit of FRP shouldn't be so excessive The difference is only $16 between plastic-composite and carbon-fiber

Looking forward...

Last edited by nallen00; 11-26-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Seriously, Just lookin' through the post, topic really strayed the course...
You know I'm not sure if the mentioned wing is made here in the states or in London.
I know that the first two C.F. wings I received were here in the states and the third was coming from London. So you got me on that one.
Sounds like a better option to mold a FRP, I would never cover up such nice C.F. work..And it really is, down to the lines....the weave...and the finish.
Keep me posted on the progress

Peace, already Yes, I'm hyper-analytical. I lust over automotive science - practice it every day. I despise shortcuts, excuses, and anyone not willing to pencil-whip the math. Oh, and I LOATHE harlequins - I will not hesitate to shut down a person making statements on false pretense. That's who I am. I don't set out looking for trouble - does anyone see that in my initial post? I don't think so. No regrets, here - my statements stand

ON TOPIC
I know PU makes the carbon fiber piece in house, but what about the FRP? $379 seems pretty salty. I only ask because a friend is looking into the molding suggestion above. Thanks in advance.

PGT
...um, that's a typo, bud

Looking forward...

Last edited by MidniteCoop; 11-26-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
JIMINNI
...so are you installing one of these things or what? I can't seem to get over the asking price. I mean, it's a fantastic piece, but DANG. Anyway, to late for that. Must be a volume issue - that little bit of FRP shouldn't be so excessive

Looking forward...
Actually not sure if i'm going to get one yet. Just bought some new injectors and still need a DTBPV, so money is kinda tight with Christmas and all . Do they sell one in FRP? Oops didn't see your edit, guess they do make it in FRP.

Last edited by JIMINNI; 11-26-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:31 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Agreed...
That was the other option when I was making my decisions.
You know hands down I had to go with the P.U. Carbon Fiber Wing.
I really wasn't impressed with the carbon fiber of the JCW, compared to the weaving of the P.U.
Mostly, I was a bit upset to see that they chose to finish the JCW Wing with Plastic End Caps..
So close, yet so far....
And yes, in respect to Carbon Fiber products, the price point really isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Actually compared to a full JCW spoiler, the price is not to bad. JCW-$400.+, PU. I think is $270. .

Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
cooldaddy
5th Gear
that reasoning doesn't work for me; the JCW is a complete spoiler, the PU item is just a small piece added to an existing spoiler...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM
nallen00
2nd Gear
On Carbon-Fiber...

...the CF is an absolutely screaming deal Quality is outstanding! It's the plastic fantastic that sparks my curiosity. They claim it's a proprietary material, but the price is on par with their CF piece. Any ideas? Having a hard time talking my buddy into committing.

COOLDADDY
According to my pal, we can blame the exchange rate

Looking forward...

Last edited by nallen00; 11-26-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by MidniteCoop
Agreed...
That was the other option when I was making my decisions.
You know hands down I had to go with the P.U. Carbon Fiber Wing.
I really wasn't impressed with the carbon fiber of the JCW, compared to the weaving of the P.U.
Mostly, I was a bit upset to see that they chose to finish the JCW Wing with Plastic End Caps..
So close, yet so far....
And yes, in respect to Carbon Fiber products, the price point really isn't that bad.
Plus no trying to plug up the original holes. BTW, did they supply the tape or whatever to attach it?

Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by cooldaddy
that reasoning doesn't work for me; the JCW is a complete spoiler, the PU item is just a small piece added to an existing spoiler...
Oh I understand, the JCW is the only other spoiler that I like, it is a beautiful design . But seeing that PU. it's nice also, with less headaches.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
nallen00
2nd Gear
The Value Of A Dollar...

...evidently, they're made over seas and shipped here - that's a 2:1 difference in associated costs. They could save us a BILL making them here in the states. Oh well, still a helluva product. Can't knock 'em too hard

JIMINNI
ABSOLUTELY. I don't wanna hack on Pepin any more than necessary - or at all

Looking forward...

Last edited by nallen00; 11-26-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
It came with a strip of Wurth Double sided adhesive.
Your right though, I didn't want to have to plug any holes let alone add any new ones in order to mount a new wing.

Plus no trying to plug up the original holes. BTW, did they supply the tape or whatever to attach it?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Less headaches and more streamlined in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I like the JCW Wing as well.
I really like the simplicity of the P.U. more, I really like how it hugs the lines of the OEM Aero Wing which fixes to the outside of the roof as apposed to the center mounts on the JCW.
That really changes the look/Feel in a direction I didn't want to go in.
To each his own

Oh I understand, the JCW is the only other spoiler that I like, it is a beautiful design . But seeing that PU. it's nice also, with less headaches.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are some more pics. What's was cool is that the part is flexible. This is what allows it to "mold" to the wings contours. The finish looks like day one and I have had it on for about a year.

Longboard

How did this pic get in here. I love my car!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Thanks for the new pics LB, yes you have a very nice looking car, but I really like what you have that we can't see under your bonnet .

Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good morning nallen, I see you forgot to take your pills again .

Whoa, whoa, WHOA folks... Man - I've never seen people so quickly misread a thread and escalate into personal flaming, and I've been on forums since the "good ol" text-only days...

What is it about PU products (and threads) that does this to us? We're all MINI Lovers, remember... Motoring Enthusiasts.

I think that PU must make their stuff out of "Pure Evil" (for the geeks that remember Time Bandits) or something.

Recently discovered archival photo of Mr. Paulo Uber:

:: Waiting to get flamed :::

Last edited by ImagoX; 11-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Palo Uber C.F. Extension Wing