Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Show me your Leather and CF dashes !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
PortMCS
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show me your Leather and CF dashes !!!

Im looking to get either the Leather dash by Minspeed OR the JCW carbon fiber dash. Im torn between the 2 but Im particularly looking into the JCW cf dash now since MINI has the 5pc- 02-04 CF dash on sale at a great price which is really hard to pass up.

Also, those of you who have done a dash swap... How hard was it to do ? Is the passenger side peice for the airbag just a Cover? Or do you have to remove the whole AB and do some disconnecting of the battery etc. Thanks !!!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Here's mine. The speakers covers (both top and bottom ones) and the auxillary gauge surround are now carbon. Time for some new pics.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 PM
RROUNDU
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini d
Here's mine. The speakers covers (both top and bottom ones) and the auxillary gauge surround are now carbon. Time for some new pics.

Damn, now that is nice!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn! You have enough carbon there?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Berthil
2nd Gear
Looks like mine but I have put the original GP counters in

Stil looking for facelift carbon armrests.

Last edited by Berthil; 11-13-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:33 AM
PortMCS
5th Gear
Mini d, i love your interior and you are the reason im looking into the CF dash Looks awesome. I think i might do the CF dash with some leather downtubes to match my door pulls.

Hey 2BeeMini2, looks great also! I love the CF tach cover. I need one of those too.

So how hard is it to change out the dash ???

Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JCW Leather dash:

Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Darkness
5th Gear
Where did you get the CF door panels parts? I want to CF my entire interior like you did but can't find those anywhere!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 2BeeMini2

Perfect! GP dials are going to be my next thing, I was just trying to imagine what it would look like and then you post these pics! Looks incredible!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the pictures I've seen of this car... it's win. By far the best looking mini interior on any i've ever seen.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 2BeeMini2
Originally Posted by Darkness
Where did you get the CF door panels parts? I want to CF my entire interior like you did but can't find those anywhere!
I had my stuff done over three years ago by a local interior shop. They did it all by hand, it isn't JCW stuff. So I had them do the pillars (A,B and C pillars) the package tray and the door pulls as well as the mirror switch plate and e brake handle. I know some here think CF is ricey (for lack of a better adjective) but I come from cycling and EVERYTHING is CF in cycling.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimusprime
from the pictures I've seen of this car... it's win. By far the best looking mini interior on any i've ever seen.
Thanks minimus.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Darkness
5th Gear
I had my stuff done over three years ago by a local interior shop. They did it all by hand, it isn't JCW stuff. So I had them do the pillars (A,B and C pillars) the package tray and the door pulls as well as the mirror switch plate and e brake handle. I know some here think CF is ricey (for lack of a better adjective) but I come from cycling and EVERYTHING is CF in cycling.
My R/C race cars were completely carbon fiber so I'm in the same boat as you. Love this stuff and can't get enough of it!

There are two places in the UK I've found that do almost all the interior parts (including the pillars) but neither seem to do the door pulls or package tray

Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Deviant
5th Gear
I just asked about covering the door panels in an email and coopergear (a vendor on here) said he can do them as well as the dash and trim rings he shows on his website.
http://www.coopergear.com/

Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Deviant
I just asked about covering the door panels in an email and coopergear (a vendor on here) said he can do them as well as the dash and trim rings he shows on his website.
http://www.coopergear.com/
He sounds like he would be a good source. I would believe most good interior shops (that specialize in imports maybe? ) could do it. And thanks again for the compliments guys. The shop in So Cal that I used is Stitchcraft Interiors in the Huntington Beach area.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
chaseabryant
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PortMCS
Im looking to get either the Leather dash by Minspeed OR the JCW carbon fiber dash. Im torn between the 2 but Im particularly looking into the JCW cf dash now since MINI has the 5pc- 02-04 CF dash on sale at a great price which is really hard to pass up.

Also, those of you who have done a dash swap... How hard was it to do ? Is the passenger side peice for the airbag just a Cover? Or do you have to remove the whole AB and do some disconnecting of the battery etc. Thanks !!!
Well, I don't have pictures for you, I don't do CF or Leather, however I am working on painting my dash. You will have to take off your top portion of the dash but that is extremely easy, just several screws. To get off your airbag cover, you will need to do some fiddling around with an anchor bar, but again, it is extremely easy; you will not have to disconnect the battery though, as long as you are careful around the airbag you are fine. My best suggestion would be to pick up the Bentley manual for the car if you plan on doing more things by yourself. I will tell you that it has been an invaluable asset to me, because it is always difficult to find online instructions that also include pictures!

-Chase

Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
PGT
Banned
Old 11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT

Time-Attack odometer rings and airvent rings! Haha, love your interior PGT. I love the JCW Leather dash but the red stitching doesn't quite match my Lapis Blue interior...

PortMCS, how much is the CF Dash going for on the 02-04 cars?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
PortMCS
5th Gear
Heres a link. I had to look at the price twice

http://www.minspeed.net/R53JCWCFD2.htm

PGT, nice leather dash! But like you WakeMCS i also have the black/blue interior so id need blue stiching to match. Looks great though

Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
Holly @#{T that is an amazing price!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Not sure what the CF Dash normally goes for so I can't comment on the price.

Note, they offer custom leather dashes for the same price as the JCW CF Dash. You could get something like the JCW Leather dash done with Blue Stitching. Something worth looking at...

Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
Normally these CF JCW dashes can go for $900.00!!! I think that you can readily get them from Morristownmini A Mini dealer for $600 on ebay.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
You can also get the actual JCW dash with Lapis Blue (and many other colors) stitching. I think it comes from the UK, but there's a thread around here somewhere.

Found it:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=86104

Old 11-13-2007, 02:25 PM
garylimey
3rd Gear
I have the JCW leather dash, if you want to see it 1st hand my place of work is in Hackensack, a pic during installation last year.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChrisMCS04
Normally these CF JCW dashes can go for $900.00!!! I think that you can readily get them from Morristownmini A Mini dealer for $600 on ebay.
Mini has 3 and 5 piece R53 CF dashes on sale, ask your favorite parts guy to look at the same bulletin the Aero Kits are listed on. I have one on the way along with CF Downtubes, Shifter Bezel, Cup Holder Bezel, E-Brake Handle and the E-Brake and Shifter Boots in alcantara. The price was so low I just could not pass it up.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Show me your Leather and CF dashes !!!