DIY Requests....

  #101  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 AM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning
ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 27,710
Received 556 Likes on 536 Posts
Gen 1 or Gen 2 ? Are you looking for the install the armrest or the factory snap in adapter ? For the wiring for a factory snap in adapter , you have to have the MINI wired package , can be added.
 
__________________

Have MINI questions? Need MINI answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
[email protected] | [email protected] | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK
Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST|Sales Team Hours: 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM | Saturday 10AM to 7PM EST 800.924.5172
  #102  
Old 02-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Val P's Avatar
Val P
Val P is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Gen 1 or Gen 2 ? Are you looking for the install the armrest or the factory snap in adapter ? For the wiring for a factory snap in adapter , you have to have the MINI wired package , can be added.
I am looking for something similar to this thread:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-armrest.html

---
Here is an example of how it looks now (not my image, but same situation):



Basically I want to replace whatever is inside the armrest compartment and use it to connect my Android device (or any device that uses a micro-USB port).
Is this possible?
 
  #103  
Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning
ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 27,710
Received 556 Likes on 536 Posts
Follow that hack and then get the micor usb hook up or andriod hook up.

Otherwise if you already have the base ? With those connections at the back ? Not just a storage unit. You can get the snap in , it will only charge the phone. So streaming music or anything. Do you have the MINI connected or MINI wired system ?

What andriod ? What phone ?
 
__________________

Have MINI questions? Need MINI answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
[email protected]stuning.com | [email protected] | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK
Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST|Sales Team Hours: 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM | Saturday 10AM to 7PM EST 800.924.5172
  #104  
Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Val P's Avatar
Val P
Val P is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Follow that hack and then get the micor usb hook up or andriod hook up.

Otherwise if you already have the base ? With those connections at the back ? Not just a storage unit. You can get the snap in , it will only charge the phone. So streaming music or anything. Do you have the MINI connected or MINI wired system ?

What andriod ? What phone ?
Well, in that particular hack, they are trying to build another connection that goes to the armrest. I want to use the existing connection that's already going into the armrest.

As for the base, it comes with the car, so yes, it's there. However, the snap in is quite expensive (if it's what I think it is). I am not sure what the difference is between MINI Connected and the wired system.

My Android device is a Galaxy S5.

Regards,
 
  #105  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:14 AM
automan21's Avatar
automan21
automan21 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bx, NY
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have a link to the replacement of all motor mounts on a 2nd Gen R56? Preferably 2011 S. Been all over the net and nothing. Only Gen 1. Thanks
 
  #106  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:15 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by automan21 View Post
Anyone have a link to the replacement of all motor mounts on a 2nd Gen R56? Preferably 2011 S. Been all over the net and nothing. Only Gen 1. Thanks
On our site we have the engine mounts replacement under MINI and then click on the "tech info" tab at the top > R56 articles.
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #107  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:52 PM
automan21's Avatar
automan21
automan21 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bx, NY
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com View Post
On our site we have the engine mounts replacement under MINI and then click on the "tech info" tab at the top > R56 articles.
Thank you so much you are a life saver
 
  #108  
Old 03-21-2016, 09:28 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by automan21 View Post
Thank you so much you are a life saver
Anytime. Glad I could help.
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #109  
Old 05-23-2016, 09:32 AM
chrimson
chrimson is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to know how to change the arch parking light lenses that sit on the black plastic fenders around the front wheels. I've gotten behind the wheel-well liner and replaced the white bulbs with amber ones so I can still adhere to state regulations. Now I want to change the amber arch lenses with clear ones that I've bought and I've seen how that's more complicated. If I'm requesting this improperly, sorry. But thanks for any help!
 
  #110  
Old 05-23-2016, 09:39 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by chrimson View Post
I'd like to know how to change the arch parking light lenses that sit on the black plastic fenders around the front wheels. I've gotten behind the wheel-well liner and replaced the white bulbs with amber ones so I can still adhere to state regulations. Now I want to change the amber arch lenses with clear ones that I've bought and I've seen how that's more complicated. If I'm requesting this improperly, sorry. But thanks for any help!
We have one on our site: http://www.pelicanparts.com/Mini/index-SC.htm

Click the tech info (tab at top) and then select the R56 articles. Scroll down to Body > Wheel Well Arch Trim Replacing.

 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #111  
Old 05-23-2016, 10:00 AM
chrimson
chrimson is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com View Post
We have one on our site: http://www.pelicanparts.com/Mini/index-SC.htm

Click the tech info (tab at top) and then select the R56 articles. Scroll down to Body > Wheel Well Arch Trim Replacing.

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply! Now that the attachment points are clear, would it not be possible to just access the two nuts holding the lens on, instead of removing the entire wheel well arch trim?
 
  #112  
Old 05-23-2016, 10:01 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by chrimson View Post
Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply! Now that the attachment points are clear, would it not be possible to just access the two nuts holding the lens on, instead of removing the entire wheel well arch trim?
You're very welcome! Yes, that is just our wheel trim arch removal and it goes over removing the lens to put into a new wheel arch. If you have access to the bolts and lens without removing the arch, which you should, you wont be required to remove them. The article will just give you some nice detailed images to show you what items you'll need to access in order to remove the lens from the wheel arch.
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #113  
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 AM
chrimson
chrimson is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com View Post
You're very welcome! Yes, that is just our wheel trim arch removal and it goes over removing the lens to put into a new wheel arch. If you have access to the bolts and lens without removing the arch, which you should, you wont be required to remove them. The article will just give you some nice detailed images to show you what items you'll need to access in order to remove the lens from the wheel arch.
Done and done, thanks!
 
  #114  
Old 12-15-2016, 04:03 AM
coachvminis
coachvminis is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For some reason I do not see the How to..for the Timing Chain Replacement
For the 09' MCS Turbo N14 engine...any help would be appreciated..
I saw one but really does not give you a step by step...
 
  #115  
Old 12-15-2016, 08:00 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by coachvminis View Post
For some reason I do not see the How to..for the Timing Chain Replacement
For the 09' MCS Turbo N14 engine...any help would be appreciated..
I saw one but really does not give you a step by step...
We have a step by step tech article on the chain and guides replacement here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm. Be sure to click the links to the other tech articles that are listed in it that are steps needed to follow before you get into the timing chain replacement. If you're confused about any of the steps you can go and read through the comments & suggestions for additional info. You can also post down there and get a response from one of our MINI guru's for additional input as well.
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #116  
Old 12-18-2016, 07:41 AM
coachvminis
coachvminis is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Thanks on the timing chain replace step by step...
Now I'm in need of the of the Article on how to remove the intake manifold on the R56 N14
I have taken the bolts off and can't seem to pull it off..I was told there is a clamp of some kind as well and I don't see it...I looked on Pelican and it says see are article on Intake removal and I cant find it...Pelican,ECS anyone! where in the hell is this clamp that holds the intake manifold on?. Dec 26 I'm cleaning the valves (walnut Blasting) I have changed the pressure regulator valve and all I did was pull the intake away far enough to reach that valve and replace. I then could not remove the intake Mani. So Any help would be appreciated.
 
  #117  
Old 12-19-2016, 08:27 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,164
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by coachvminis View Post
Ok Thanks on the timing chain replace step by step...
Now I'm in need of the of the Article on how to remove the intake manifold on the R56 N14
I have taken the bolts off and can't seem to pull it off..I was told there is a clamp of some kind as well and I don't see it...I looked on Pelican and it says see are article on Intake removal and I cant find it...Pelican,ECS anyone! where in the hell is this clamp that holds the intake manifold on?. Dec 26 I'm cleaning the valves (walnut Blasting) I have changed the pressure regulator valve and all I did was pull the intake away far enough to reach that valve and replace. I then could not remove the intake Mani. So Any help would be appreciated.
Intake manifold removal DIY here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

All R56 tech articles are listed here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...r_R56_Tech.htm
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
  #118  
Old 02-10-2018, 05:55 PM
2009MinicooperSclubmen's Avatar
2009MinicooperSclubmen
2009MinicooperSclubmen is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I clean these connectors. They plug into the Junction box. It was caused buy water when my right side sun roof drain was not connected and water ran down the A-pillar post and filled up the passenger side with about 4 gallons of water. I really do not want to cut these connectors off and re-wire new ones on. Advise is greatly appreciated. JB Lower connectors
How to clean?
 
  #119  
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 PM
vetsvette's Avatar
vetsvette
vetsvette is online now
Moderator
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 3,761
Received 353 Likes on 280 Posts
Try a wooden toothpick or dental pick to scrape off the worst of the corrosion. Then try electrical contact spray cleaner. Finish it with some canned air to make sure you get all the bits out. These methods have worked for me in the past when I played with electronics for a living. Good luck.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
M7Speed
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
0
10-01-2015 07:05 AM
whowantstorace
General MINI Talk
4
09-27-2015 06:16 PM
elverado
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
1
09-16-2015 09:09 AM
ECSTuning
Tires, Wheels & Brakes
0
09-16-2015 06:45 AM
ECSTuning
Vendor Announcements
0
09-14-2015 12:48 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY Requests....


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.