North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   How to (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/how-to-339/)
-   -   How To DIY Requests.... (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/how-to/182534-diy-requests.html)

Motor On 01-31-2010 09:55 AM

DIY Requests....

A place to post up what you'd like to see others put up for DIYs.

jewitcher 01-31-2010 01:19 PM

Anybody know how to access radio antenna input in Clubman.
Trying to hook up external cd player.

miniskierchic 02-09-2010 05:47 PM

That darn seatbelt beeping

Has anyone figured out the best way to disable the beeping sound that the Mini shouts when you do not have your seatbelt fastened?

Robin Casady 02-10-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by miniskierchic (Post 2978516)
Has anyone figured out the best way to disable the beeping sound that the Mini shouts when you do not have your seatbelt fastened?

http://cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=234
However, only recommended for use on the passenger side when you have no passenger, but something heavy on the seat to set off the sensor. Seat belts can save your life, and hold you in your seat when cornering hard. Wear it.

ndylam 02-23-2010 03:49 AM

Ebiach Pro Street S Coilovers

Does anybody have a installation guide that can show me how to install the Coilover on a 2009 MSC please ?

swooshmac 03-03-2010 05:44 AM

chrome speaker rings. has anyone taken out their black rings and 'chrome painted' them as a DIY? i have read in some forums people paid $109 minimum to buy the chrome rings kit and then install it. I figure chrome painting it should be just as easy, but has anyone done it?

jjorrell 03-07-2010 04:35 AM

Hardwiring Valentine 1 ???????

I apologize asking this question, because I know another thread already exists. But, wading thru it confuses my simple mind. So, at the risk of looking stupid, here's my question.......Where do I connect the positve wire of the V1 so the unit turns off when I turn the ignition off, and how do I route the wire so that I can mount the V1 above the left side of the rearview mirror? Thanks.

Headlands 03-27-2010 11:33 AM

I need very specific instructions on how to jack a MINI up for tire rotation..

I'll be doing my own tire rotations on my 2010 R55 and am having a hard time finding a full set of very specific instructions on how to lift the entire car up using a jack and jack stands; I've never done it before.

I need step-by-step precise instructions that detail everything from the initial jacking up of the car to placing the jack stands under it, including exactly where to place the jack and all of the jack stands.

Thanks!

R56 HOOLIGAN 04-09-2010 02:22 PM

O2 Sim Install R 56

Looking for direction in installing the Riss O2 Sim. Any help is appreciated!
R56 Hooligan

Mr EZ 04-10-2010 06:08 PM

How do you install a new antenna base on a r53 s with NAV. I broke mine in one of the storms and they told me at the dealer that it would be 4 hr of labor???

OttoMatic 04-12-2010 07:07 PM

Fog light is cracked, i would like to see a good DIY on how to get that changed. Thanks!

seojea 04-13-2010 08:09 PM

anyone taken their key apart and painted the silver ring? mine is starting to look very bad and i would like to paint it the color of the car

Shrashmere 04-18-2010 10:35 PM

Can I get a DIY or picture of the back of the R56 head unit with an amp installed? I am trying to add an EQ but im just not sure how to go about it or which wires to splice and route where.

adude007 04-22-2010 12:38 PM

Does anyone know how to remove the A-pillar exterior trim piece. I got a lil rock damage I would like to take care of.

Thanks in advance.

Romo. 04-22-2010 06:53 PM

I appologize if it's posted somewhere, but does anyone know where I could find instructions for removing the front and rear seats?

CravenSpeed 04-23-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by adude007 (Post 3035188)
Does anyone know how to remove the A-pillar exterior trim piece. I got a lil rock damage I would like to take care of.

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, the piece along the roof trim need to come off first. It slides toward the windshield. There is a tab sticking into the rest of the trim around the roofline.

Then the glossy plastic a-pillar is on tabs similar to interior body panel pieces. You can pop them out, but you may need a good plastic pry tool. Good luck.

Gilboyto 04-23-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Romo. (Post 3035404)
I appologize if it's posted somewhere, but does anyone know where I could find instructions for removing the front and rear seats?

I dont remember what size, but the front seats require a TORX bit (preferable on a socket) two in front and two in the rear after you slide the seat forward that hold it to the car on the seat rails. There is also a big clip for the electronic area like airbags in the middle etc.

CravenSpeed 04-23-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Romo. (Post 3035404)

Hopefully you have a good Torx driver kit for the seats, I don't remember the number either.

The rear seat is a little more involved. If you start from the boot you should see some torx that are holding the seats where they hinge. Once they are out of that hinge, the other thing holding them in place is a stud that goes into the sides of the car, so you have to pull them towards the center. Just keep looking for bolts and removing them. :thumbsup:

ndylam 04-23-2010 01:12 PM

Here you go : http://www.miniacal.com/remove_rear_seats/

Have fun removing it !

adude007 04-23-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kellen (Post 3035785)
If I remember correctly, the piece along the roof trim need to come off first. It slides toward the windshield. There is a tab sticking into the rest of the trim around the roofline.

Then the glossy plastic a-pillar is on tabs similar to interior body panel pieces. You can pop them out, but you may need a good plastic pry tool. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I Google searched it and surprise surprise it found it in the 1st gen forum. I figure it is probably similar as i bought the part and it looks very similar. I didnt end up doing it myself I had the guy doing my windshield do it. The one i replace has very minimal cosmetic damage so if anyone wants it let me know.

ndylam 04-23-2010 05:22 PM

How much did the windshield's guy charged you for the removal ?

adude007 04-23-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ndylam (Post 3036109)
How much did the windshield's guy charged you for the removal ?

I asked if needed to take those trim pieces off and he said yes. So I gave him the one I bought the day before. Looking at the gen one forum I think it would be super easy to do. Peel back the rubber trim seal for the door on the side u need to do. Unscrew 4 screws. Pop pressure clips off and take off the trim. Then make sure the foam strip is good and install new trim piece. Replace screws and rubber and done.

Sorry that was kinda long answer to a simple question.

etalj 04-30-2010 08:03 PM

Hey guys, does anyone know how to swap a regular 3-spoke steering wheel to a JCW steering wheel? Is it straightforward? Are any extra components needed?

Thanks in advance,

Elie

minimini482 05-05-2010 02:34 PM

Has anyone changed the Grill Trim pieces (chrome on stock MSC and JCW) top and bottom?

I want to put the JCW black grill trim. the top part seems pretty straight forward - just a couple screws and it should pop out. The bottom I cannot tell if the entire grill has to be removed with the trim piece or if the trim piece is just force fitted on top of the grill.

Any feedback is appreciated greatly!

ndylam 05-05-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by minimini482 (Post 3044197)
Has anyone changed the Grill Trim pieces (chrome on stock MSC and JCW) top and bottom?

I want to put the JCW black grill trim. the top part seems pretty straight forward - just a couple screws and it should pop out. The bottom I cannot tell if the entire grill has to be removed with the trim piece or if the trim piece is just force fitted on top of the grill.

Any feedback is appreciated greatly!

All you gotta do is pull it out from the grill. If you're afraid of breaking it then remove the entire grill and go from there.
In order to remove the grill, you will need to pry the top 4 expanding rivets ( in front the grill) and press the 4 bottom clips (behind the grill) then pull it out from the bumper.
It's pretty much self-explanatory once the grill is removed.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...20&hg=51&fg=15