Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] MINI to the Max at Aloha Tower event

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] MINI to the Max at Aloha Tower event

As the attached flyer states, this will be our MINI to the Max event this year. Please bring non-perishable food items and toys to this wonderful yearly event! MINI of Hawaii has designated this event as a MINI Motoring Hearts opportunity so let’s show everyone how BIG our MINI hearts are!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
JCW04
4th Gear
I'm signed up and good to go!

See you folks in November!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:54 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Special Announcement

Well the big event will be here in a week! It's coming together really nicely and I commend Darrel, Mary, Robert, and Courtney (of MINI of Hawaii) for putting together this huge endeavor. Looks like we will have about 20+ cars on display - there will be the spectacular Fosgate demo car, GP MINI, ESM Hawaii's Turbo monster, a few advertisement cars, and a mixture of local modded cars. The display will be on the ocean side (Pier 9) of the Aloha Tower Marketplace.

For us, the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club, this will also be our annual MINI to the MAX event. This year our non-perishable foods will be going to the Hawaii Food Bank, and our unwrapped toys will be going to the Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center (where the doctors and staff will personally give the toys to children who could really use them). Please look for our HMMC canopy (next to the MINI Cabrio - provided by MINI of Hawaii) and drop-off your non-perishable foods and unwrapped toys. If you can not make it to the event, please drop it off at MINI of Hawaii, or contact the club and we will make an effort to pick it up. Please keep in mind that, thanks to Darrel's decision, this event will be another MINI Hearts event (our third this year!) and therefore, donations will considered a right to earn a MINI Hearts award (the badge). There are only a limited number of badges available so if you already received the award please allow others a chance to earn a badge (however we will still thankfully accept your donations to our worthy cause) - badges for the day will be handed-out on a first-come first-serve basis, however, we will make every effort to ensure that all MINI owners that donate will receive an award (we will take names after the last award is given out, if needed).

I have just received the OK to announce that there will be a special guest attending the big MINI at Aloha Tower event. For those familiar with MC2 magazine, please turn to page 94 of Issue Number 4. Yes folks, Automotive Fine Arts Society (AFAS) member Niles Nakaoka (www.NilesNakaoka.com) is confirmed to be at the event!

I can't wait for the upcoming MINI at Aloha Tower/MINI to the MAX event! Hope to see you there!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:47 PM
jipc
1st Gear
Aloha Tower event

Will there be a designated parking area for the Mini folks?

Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
avajones
Neutral
wait... are we supposed to sign up for this or just show up early with food in order to get a MINI heart...?

Old 11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jipc
Will there be a designated parking area for the Mini folks?
Hi jipc, I was told by the dealer folks that there is no special parking for the MINI folks. We will have to park where all patrons of the Aloha Tower Marketplace park (unless of course your car is IN the car show).

Originally Posted by avajones
wait... are we supposed to sign up for this or just show up early with food in order to get a MINI heart...?
Hi avajones, No need to sign-up. Just show-up with non-perishable food and/or unwrapped toy, and be a MINI owner/driver and earn your MINI Hearts award (make sure someone acknowledges your deposit to ensure you get your award though).

Dirk

Old 11-09-2006, 04:20 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DaKineMINI
I have just received the OK to announce that there will be a special guest attending the big MINI at Aloha Tower event. For those familiar with MC2 magazine, please turn to page 94 of Issue Number 4. Yes folks, Automotive Fine Arts Society (AFAS) member Niles Nakaoka (www.NilesNakaoka.com) is confirmed to be at the event!
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Mr. Nakaoka has been kind enough to donate one of his giclee artwork to help with our MINI to the MAX efforts! He is allowing us to use the funds (we will be raffling this artwork) collected to purchase toys to further add to our collection efforts. Please make sure you thank Niles when you see him at the event, and please make sure you get a chance to own a Niles Nakaoka piece by purchasing raffle tickets at the HMMC booth.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Honolulu Advertiser!

You gotta buy a paper today!

The event is the main story in the CARS section of todays Honolulu Advertiser!

It's almost a full page spread.

I think attendance just doubled or tripled...

Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKineMINI
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Mr. Nakaoka has been kind enough to donate one of his giclee artwork to help with our MINI to the MAX efforts! He is allowing us to use the funds (we will be raffling this artwork) collected to purchase toys to further add to our collection efforts. Please make sure you thank Niles when you see him at the event, and please make sure you get a chance to own a Niles Nakaoka piece by purchasing raffle tickets at the HMMC booth.
My raffle number was only 2 off of the winning number. Shucks.

Many thanks to DaKineMINI and HMMC and to Darrel and his staff from MINI of Hawaii.

It was great to meet Mr. Nakaoka. Very impressive watercolor work.
Give him a call and have your MINI painted on commision.

Last edited by minihune; 11-13-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Thanks minihune. Yes, the folks at MINI of Hawaii definitely put on a terrific event. Darrel, Mary, Robert, Courtney, and the rest of the MofH folks worked hard and it showed!

The MINI community did awesome in their contribution! Great job folks!

We were fortunate to have Niles Nakaoka's generous donation of one of his artwork for us to raffle. The raffle raised an addtional $244 for us to buy additional toys for our MINI to the MAX efforts.

Darrel (MINI of Hawaii) and Niles Nakaoka with the artwork we raffled away.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Addional photos (people)

Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
Aloha folks!-

I had a blast at the MINI at the Aloha Tower event yesterday. I gotta give big cudo's to Dirk for coordinating and to MINI of Hawaii for the outstanding support.

In my two years with the club this has got to be one of the best venues to display our vehicles.

I spent most of the day drooling over Eastside MINI's engine components and outstanding wheel and tyre combo.

We had a lot of people stop by and talk story and hopefully we will gain some new members and new MINI owners.

By the way, I had a lot of folks asking where I got my MINI detailed. I took it too:

Auto Detail Center Hawaii
432 Keawe St

Phone: (808) 566-0990

On Friday and had Harvey Cuje the owner do a complete detail interior, exterior and engine compartment. Total cost was $156.00 plus tax. My last detail job was at Midas Touch. Auto Detail did a MUCH better job all around. I highly recommend Auto Detail Center and am planning to schedule regular detailing appointments.

Alloha!

JCW04

Old 11-13-2006, 11:00 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
John,

Thanks for the kind words. It was definitely an awesome event but I can not take credit for any of it - it was the great work of MINI of Hawaii and their TEAM (Darrel, Mary, Courtney, Robert, et al). Mary talked to me about it a few months ago so I know she was working on this for a while. They allowed us to have our MINI to the MAX event in conjuction with their great event and personally I am honored and thankful for it.

BTW, do you want the original size photo of you and Mrs.JCW04? If so, I can e-mail it to you.

Dirk

Old 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
mellowyellow
1st Gear
Thanks Minis of Hawaii - my wife and I were lucky enough to be in your town visiting and were fortunate to catch the show. Nice work by all involved. Come and visit us at the Dragon sometime - smokymountainminis - Bill and Catherine - aka mellowyellow and sunshine girl

Old 01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you letters from the children who benefitted from the toy drive have been posted! Check 'em out and thanks to all who participated/donated!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6813830...7594455238046/