Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

HMMC Cruise - MINI Golf - July 15th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMC Cruise - MINI Golf - July 15th, 2006

Hawaii MINI Motoring Club Cruise
July 15th, 2006
Event: MINI Golf

All right boys and girls it is Summer time and you all know what that means right?!

IT'S CRUISING TIME!

Our MINIs were made for wandering the earth and boy do we have some wandering planned for you! Get ready for...

MINI Golf Summer 2006!!!

So... WHAAAAT are we doing?

The HMMC (and that means you my friend) are meeting at the Dole Cannery bus parking lot behind Dole Cannery Theatres at 9a.m. Saturday July 15th. At 9:30a.m. we will depart from the parking lot and head west bound on Nimitz Highway. We will continue onto H-1 Freeway westbound and take the H-3 Freeway offramp and head North towards Kaneohe Bay on the H-3. Bring your cameras because there are some beautiful mountain and ocean views once we pop out of the H-3 tunnel on the east side. We will be stopping briefly at Kaneohe Bay lookout to stretch our legs and then continue on to Kaneohe stopping to play some MINI Golf at the Bayview Golf Course.

HOW MUCH will this cost me?

For the cruise nothing! If you just want to meet club members in the morning, chit chat, cruise along with us and not play MINI Golf you're still welcome to join us. Just don't go up to the lady in the MINI golf booth because I hear she's pretty persuasive.

Now for those of you who DO want to play MINI golf at the end of the cruise have we got a deal for YOU! To the unsuspecting consumer MINI Golf costs them $12 for 18 holes, or $24 for 36 holes. But because the HMMC is so keen on you hanging with us MINIacs we can get you in for...
$8 for 18 holes, or $12 for 36 holes.

BUT WAIT!
It gets better. If 15 or more of us show up on that fine Saturday at lunchtime and if the stars line up correctly we will only be charged $6 for 18 holes and $8 for 36 holes.

HOLEY MOLEY what a DEAL!!!!

WHEN is this again?

Saturday July 15th, 2006 at 9a.m.

WHERE are we meeting again?

The Dole Cannery Tour bus parking lot. Don't go into the parking structure for the Theatres, this parking lot is on the corner of Iwilei and Pacific Street which leads to the entrace of the parking structure. So when you see a bunch of MINI owners in the lot waving at you not to enter the gate, turn your MINI around and make a B-line for us. For those of you who still aren't sure of where this is, here is custom map made by yours truly...

Driving Directions: Coming from the East, get on Ala moana Blvd or Nimitz highway heading westbound. Keep going until you past chinatown, then K-mart and slow down when you see City Mill on the right. Turn right on Pacific street (you will see City Mill on the right and Zippy's restaurant on the left) and drive down past the City Mill parking lot. The next right will be the Dole Cannery Parking lot. Go to the Red Star

Coming from the West, head towards the airport on H-1. Go past the airport and stay in the right side of the freeway until the freeway turns into Nimitz Highway. Mosey over to the far left lane. Go past Sand Island, go past Best Buy and Home Depot. Slow down after Best Buy and look for Hilo Hattie and or Zippy's Restaurant on your left. Once you see Hilo Hattie slow down and make a left on Pacific Street. Zippy's restaurant should be directly across Pacific Street to your left and if you are at the stop light about to turn left Young Brother's shipping will be to your right. Stay in the left lane once you turn right on Pacific Street and go past City Mill's parking lot and turn right into the Dole Cannery Tour Bus lot.

For those of you who want to mapquest or google map your own map and directions here is the address of Dole Cannery.

650 Iwilei Road Honolulu, HI 96817

WHERE are we going again?

We are going to end up at the Bayview MINI Golf Course in Kaneohe. Here's a link with pictures to it.

http://www.alohafriends.com/minigolf.html

Here is the address in case you want to meet us there instead:

45-285 Kaneohe Bay Drive, Kaneohe, HI 96744

Is that IT?

That's it my Amigos! If you have any questions feel free to post, PM, or E-mail me or the Club web site and we will take care of all of your concerns for this cruise. I can't wait to see YOU at the MINI Golf event.

Mucho Arigato everyone!

Old 07-06-2006, 05:08 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I will most-likely be in for the run, but not for the golf…. The GF & I have volunteer duty at the humane society that early afternoon too...plus I got a 2 dental fillings at 8am.. so hopefully I can be there by 9:30.... if not.. the run must go on!

Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
I work that day.

I think the MINI golf rate for locals is $6 for 18 holes and $12 for 36.
Bring insect repellant just in case.

When does MINI golf start?????

Old 07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
pyratio
rates and start times

--Sorry you can't make it Brad. Can't you get some young intern or lower ranking resident to cover for you? j/k Actually they raised it for locals to $8 and $12, I called to confirm because people had posted in the Internet that it was cheaper. BUT, it IS cheaper if we have 15 or more people in our group.

MINI Golf at Bayview opens at 9a.m. So we should be good to go by the time we get there.

Originally Posted by minihune
I work that day.

I think the MINI golf rate for locals is $6 for 18 holes and $12 for 36.
Bring insect repellant just in case.

When does MINI golf start?????

Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
mini golf

Is it just putt/putt mini golf? or 18 holes par 3(real golf)? Cause they have both setup there It might be confusing to some cause putt/putt takes 1 hour, par 3(real golf) takes 4-5 hours. Not sure which one you're talking about.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:49 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eastsidemini
Is it just putt/putt mini golf? or 18 holes par 3(real golf)? Cause they have both setup there It might be confusing to some cause putt/putt takes 1 hour, par 3(real golf) takes 4-5 hours. Not sure which one you're talking about.
C'mon ESM, shouldn't be any doubt. I have NEVER heard of mini golf used to refer to any type of 18 hole golf - maybe short course or par 3 course but NEVER mini golf. Did you get to click the link the pyratio provided? That link should eliminate ANY doubt. I think the reference to 36 holes should've also clarified that it was not "real golf" for you - when was the last time you squeezed in 36 holes from late morning?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
sorry

my bad c'mon, real golf anytime soon.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Latka
5th Gear
I'm in! I'll see if I can round up a few classic Minis to attend. I'll also lug my camera gear along.

-andy

Old 07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
I'm in! I'll see if I can round up a few classic Minis to attend. I'll also lug my camera gear along.

-andy
Alright, that would be awesome! It will be cool seeing the classics.

Hey, folks, we are in for a treat if Andy brings his big honkin' lens and camera. Andy was the photographer at a few of the Super Lap and Drift Session events and his photographic skills are great. AND we are stopping at Andy's favorite photo spot on the H3 (Kaneohe scenic point).

Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Guess that means I better find my %&@)%! battery charger, huh?

Old 07-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Grimey
Neutral
I will be there!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Latka
5th Gear
E-mail sent to the classic Mini folks I know about.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
E-mail sent to the classic Mini folks I know about.
Thanks for copying me on that. Let us know if you get some positive responses.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
i will be there.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Found the charger. Yay. (Actually Allison found it in like 15 seconds)

Old 07-10-2006, 09:11 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Found the charger. Yay. (Actually Allison found it in like 15 seconds)
Thank God for our significant others! Now go charge the buggah' and warm up your shutter finger.

Originally Posted by blown-lone-star
i will be there.
Casey, I'll have to have a Redbull ready for you.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Already chargin'.

Casey is the one that works in the middle of the night, right? He's either a grave digger or a vampire.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
this weekend is perfect for me its my weekend off.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
pyratio
late comers...

--I hope you make it down there dude!

If not all you hard partying cats can definitely catch up with us at the Bay View Mini Golf Course. We will probably be streaming in between 10:15a.m. and 10:30a.m. Hope to see y'all out there for our MINI golf saturday!

~pyratio

Originally Posted by roehrigs01
I will most-likely be in for the run, but not for the golf…. The GF & I have volunteer duty at the humane society that early afternoon too...plus I got a 2 dental fillings at 8am.. so hopefully I can be there by 9:30.... if not.. the run must go on!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:53 PM
zoegirl87
Neutral
i'll be there! i finish work about 8 & need to go home to "freshen" up so i might be a little late.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
I am going to try and be there for this! Now, I just have to remember... Early Saturday morning that I am to be somewhere besides drooling on my pillow.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
are we eating as well? i'm going to have to be a tad late...

almost forgot, one of my co worker might join us, her friend is also a proud MINI owner.. maybe he might join as well....so play nice now

Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 AM
pyratio
Update: Da route

--Okay everyone, I just got back from taking a night cruise of the entire cruise route so here are the details of the exact route:

MINI Golf route Overview

1.) Leave Dole Cannery Tour Bus Parking lot from Iwilei exit. Turning left onto Iwilei Road.

2.) Go down Iwilei Road until it ends at Pacific Street and turn left.

3.) Go into right turn arc heading west on Nimitz Highway.

4.) Stay in right lane and head up onto H1 Freeway (DO NOT veer further right into Nimitz underpass!)

5.) Merge onto H1 Freeway traffic and stay on second to the right lane (Do not go to the far right and go to the Airport!)

6.) Continue on H1 past Airport and look for H3 (13B) cut off on the right hand side.

7.) Take 13B cutoff onto H3 Freeway heading towards Kaneohe. (Do not turn right at the H3 fork and head East towards Honolulu, continue in the right lane heading leftwards at the fork towards Kaneohe)

8.) Continue on H3 Freeway past both tunnels staying in the right lane.

9.) Go past exit 11 and exit 14.

10.) When you see a sign on the right hand side for Exit 15 coming up slow down and look for Scenic point.

11.) Pull over on the deceleration lane for the scenic point and look for other HMMC members.

12.) Stretch your legs and take pictures.

13.) Leaving scenic point take the Exit 15 Kaneohe Bay Drive Exit.

14.) Immediately after leaving the H3 on Exit 15 turn right at the fork on Kaneohe Bay Drive.

Kaneohe Bay Drive Fork1

15.) Zig Zag through back roads until you hit the next fork and head right past the yield sign on Kaneohe Bay Drive.

Kaneohe Bay Drive Fork 2

16.) At this point you are less than one mile away. Continue on Kaneohe Bay Drive past the Lion's Club until you hit a stop light with the big street sign with the name of Mokulele Drive on it.

17.) Turn right at the stoplight of Mokulele Drive and look for MINIs! You should see golf nets a parking lot and big green fields on your right hand side.

Turn right at Mokulele Stop Light

Hope this helps. Again if anyone has any questions feel free to PM or E-mail me. We will be forming three convoy groups for the cruise with one group leader to shepard any lost MINIs. Hope to see y'all out there!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:00 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Thanks Keith.

[Edit : Just saw the maps! AWESOME! BTW, I think we are driving right by Latka's house.]

Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
Well, poo. I might not be there as I cannot get my MINI to start! See this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...98#post1036798

But I really wanna!

Quick Reply: HMMC Cruise - MINI Golf - July 15th, 2006