Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

British Car Day is coming!!! June 4th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Car Day is coming!!! June 4th, 2006

Honolulu's All British Car Day - June 4th, 2006 - 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
Kapiolani Park - Paki and Monsarat Parking Lot

The British are coming the British are coming! Oh! Ahem I meant the British Cars are coming? The Classic MG T's of Hawaii and the British Car Club of Hawaii is sponsoring their annual Honolulu's All British Car Day for 2006.

And guess what?

You my friend, are cordially invited. Yes we don't care if you are funny lookin or if you smell like soup we STILL want you there. Blimey what a deal! Come down if you want to oogle and then google cars. Definitely come on down if you want to show off your fabulous Shaguar! Just come on down!

Whaaat? Honolulu's All British Car Day 2006 is a chance for you to see tons of different British cars all in one place! If you've got a British car (any make, model or year) you can be in the show too! This is not a Concours d'Elegance where cars must come up to any pre-set standards but a gathering of the faithful who love their various British cars. The event also allows you to meet others who share your enthusiasm and a chance to get together with owners of like cars and swap stories. Your car need not be in show condition and we welcome works in progress. Last year there were over 70 British cars showing. Let's a make it a smashing good event by showing even MORE cars this year! In addition to all the great cars on display there will be lots of shade and room for picnics on the grass.

How do we register to be in the show? Call Jeff Engel 392-1112 or Harvey Henderson 531-2023 and they'll see about saving you a spot in the car park.

Where can we park if we're not showing our car for this event? Easy peasy my friend. Just park at the Waikiki Shell/Bandstand parking lot and walk on over.

Is it for MINIs only? Absolutely NOT! If your car is British in any shape form or manner bring her down. Still don't know if you've got a British car huh? Hmmm well let's check my list...

Aston Martin
Austin Healey
Bentley
Cooper
Jaguar
Land Rover
Lotus
MG
MINI
Morgan Cars
Rolls-Royce
Triumph

If you have any of the above you qualify to show off your beauty of a ride. If you look on the VIN plate or any of the markings and it says, "MADE IN ENGLAND" It's a good bet you've got an English automobile.

How much does it cost to show my car? Oh 2.68 quid ought to do it mate! Ahem oh sorry, a small donation of $5 or more per car displayed is requested to defray the cost of this event.

Do spectators have to pay? Blimey of course not! Spectators can stroll on in for free and enjoy the marvelous engineering feets from the Queen's good land.

Where is it again? The Kapiolani Park parking lot just mauka of the Waikiki Shell at the corner of Paki Ave. and Monsarrat Ave. Click here for a map to this lovely event.

Um when is it again? This fabulous event is taking place on Sunday June 4th, 2006 from 9:00a.m. in the morning to 3:00p.m. in the afternoon. So don't doddle after Sunday brunch. Go uncover your British cars, get them out of the carport, wash them good and we'll see you on June 4th! Also if you see any other British Cars throughout your travels please let them know about the event.

Right then! Cheerio mates! See you all at the show!

Special Thanks to Robert Fairchild for getting the word out to the HMMC. You Rock Robert!

Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Latka
5th Gear
I've got a few phonecalls to make, but I'm hoping to gather up at least 5 or 6 Minis for the event. I know 3 for sure, and 2 others that might attend- plus at least a couple others that I don't know how to get in touch with.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
I'd luv to attend but I work that day.

Have fun and watch for the gusts of wind that occur from time to time.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great announcement again pyratio!
Lets see if MINI can have largest showing at this event =)
oh yea, It looks like I'm back!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Erm...no offense, but shouldn't be hard as the MINI is by far the most numerous Brit car on the island!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
Erm...no offense, but shouldn't be hard as the MINI is by far the most numerous Brit car on the island!
Hmmm.. I see an awful lot of those Fords -. OOPS!!! I mean Jaguars driving around.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Latka
5th Gear
LOL I've even got my fiance saying that when she sees a new Jag. "Hey, nice Taurus!"

Old 05-24-2006, 05:12 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
I've got a few phonecalls to make, but I'm hoping to gather up at least 5 or 6 Minis for the event. I know 3 for sure, and 2 others that might attend- plus at least a couple others that I don't know how to get in touch with.
Andy,

Since you are part of the British Car Club, do you think you can be our point of contact for this event? Give me a call and we can talk about it.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Sure - no problem.

I called one guy about bringing his Mini and couldn't convince him. Sad too, 'cause it's a really nice car. One more person to call.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
pyratio, i love your posts man. informative and funny as hell.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 PM
pyratio
mucho arigato

--Thanks Blown! I'm finding there are very few "clean" british slang words to use as I write these. BOY can they swear up a storm over there.

I hope the MINI owners that can make it to the show do us proud. Sorry I can't make it. I'll probably still be jetlagged. I'm flying 12 hours and I get in Saturday night.

You guys and gals have fun there though. I'm sure there will be VERY interesting cars there. I saw a "COOPER Monaco" in Vegas for sale. John Cooper designed it as a race only vehicle and boy is it trick! I'll post those pictures when I'm back in Honolulu. Have fun everyone!

Originally Posted by Blown-Lone-Star
pyratio, i love your posts man. informative and funny as hell.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Latka
5th Gear
I called the other guy I know and he's going to be off the island this weekend.

Sounds like 3 Classic Minis and one MINI are going to show up.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've e-mailed alot of MINI owners and have gotten a few replies for "possibly" showing up. No hard "for sure"s though.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
i think i'll swing by in the afternoon...maybe after 12p.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:08 PM
zoegirl87
Neutral
sorry i know this is really late but i'll show up too!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
JCW04
4th Gear
I'll be attending. Had a blast last year. I'll bring a canopy, couple of tables and the club banner.Cheers!JCW04

Old 06-04-2006, 02:47 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zoegirl87
sorry i know this is really late but i'll show up too!!!
Kat,

It's NEVER too late. We missed you!

Originally Posted by jcw04
I'll be attending. Had a blast last year. I'll bring a canopy, couple of tables and the club banner.Cheers!JCW04
John,

Alright! Make sure you folks take a lot of photos and post up!

Old 06-04-2006, 01:14 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
I'll be flying back to Hawaii tomorrow and will be ready to post some photos and comments on our web site if any has any....

Have fun all!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
Aloha folks-

Had a great day in the sun at Kapiolani Park. Had a good showing of MINIs and two excellent classic Minis. One of the Minis had the nicest hand crafted wooden dash I have seen.

When I arrived Blown was already on scene and Motor Mouth pulled in with a brand new Cabrio. At the high point we had about seven MINIs.

CW, Zoe, Andy, and a few others checked in for the festivities. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. CW and Motormouth shot some pics so hopfully they will post.

We shut down just after 2:00 PM. I scored a History of Lotus DVD from the raffle. Great way to end a day!

Aloha!

JCW04

Old 06-06-2006, 02:39 AM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
i saw a news report on kgmb (or was it kitv) the other night, they had a short review of the event. but coined it as a "vintage" british auto show...WTF? how can a new MINI be classics when they only been in the states for about 5 years?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
There were at least two news crews there and both waltzed right past us. Oh well!

JCW04

Old 06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
pyratio
instant...

--Well I always thought my MINI was an instant CLASSIC. It's all good Louis. I'm glad so many MINIs and Mini's made it to the show. Good job everyone!

I didn't surface until about 3:30p.m. that Sunday, and even then I felt like I was hung over.

Sorry we didn't get any TV coverage tho. Maybe one of these days we can do a high performance stunt demonstration and steal the show. That'd get us on the ten o'clock news at least.

Originally Posted by cwlouis
i saw a news report on kgmb (or was it kitv) the other night, they had a short review of the event. but coined it as a "vintage" british auto show...WTF? how can a new MINI be classics when they only been in the states for about 5 years?

Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
LOL ,or like CNN...."MINI scales diamond head"

Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
I just got back last night. OK, enough of the chit-chat about the news.....where's the pictures?

Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Latka
5th Gear
The ones I took are still on my compact flash card. Maybe this weekend I'll get around to checkin 'em out and posting some of the good ones.

Quick Reply: British Car Day is coming!!! June 4th, 2006