Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] April Rally - THIS SUNDAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Island Tour - THIS SUNDAY!

Check back for more details...

Last edited by JCW04; 04-14-2005 at 04:33 AM. Reason: At request of Club BOD
Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Mark your calendars!

OK, saving this sunday for some fun.
Hoping for some good weather. Last sunday was decent.

Don't forget your sunscreen or you'll look like this---->

If you have Family radios bring them.

JCW04,
Are you going to bring a few extra like last week????

Old 04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Be careful with those rallys! On Monday I go an e-mail along with the CCH officers that one of our members wasn't happy about the spirited driving through the twisties. At the morning briefing, all participants were forewarned about the drive and that the twisties were optional. I would highly suggest you guys do this briefing prior to starting out.

Another thing to take into consideration is the possibility of tagalongs. Some people will see the pack of cars and join in and not have the driving ability as everyone else. I caught one in Norfolk and the guy almost rear ended me as we came to the stop sign. He tagged along to Valley of the Temples and introduced himself and even showed up at Kualoa. I think he caught the hint when he introduced himself at VoT and I told him I was the guy he almost rear ended. I also told him if he hit me he would have suffered a beatdown from me for being stupid.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
This is a MoH rally, so there will be no spirited driving or beatdowns...

Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
JCW04
4th Gear
Aloha folks!-

The Spirited driving was good fun but . . . . I can see where the daily driver dude or dude-ette might not want to play. Beastmaster was right though, the option to drive sans spirit was given at the drivers briefing before we rolled out. The club also organized the line-up to place the perfomance car's up front.

Regarding the tag alongs I was about 3-Bimmers in front of Beastmaster when he almost got nailed by a tag along flying up behind him. Good example of an excellent vehicle that exceeded the drivers skill level. That was pretty close!

I'll bring my radios. I have 11 now and they are still tuned to Ch. 22. Let me know if you folks opt for a different FRS or GMRS channel.

Do we want to do some raffles too?

Aloha!

JCW04

Old 04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
No raffles, thanks!!! We have a bunch of HMMC events coming up very soon that we should save those for. Check your email shortly for an "update"

Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 AM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JCW04
Regarding the tag alongs I was about 3-Bimmers in front of Beastmaster when he almost got nailed by a tag along flying up behind him. Good example of an excellent vehicle that exceeded the drivers skill level. That was pretty close!
It was VERY close! I think he just missed tagging me by inches. And the only reason he missed was because he swerved right to give him a little more room. I was at a complete stop when he comes roaring up and locks up the brakes before the ABS kicked in. Even with my windows up, I could hear the brakes lock and then I saw the car swerve to the right. To say I was pissed is an understatement. I was rear ended in a similar fashion 14 years ago by a gentleman looking down while extinguishing his cigarette. I have permanent injuries as a result of being rear ended at 40 mph while I was at a dead stop!

I still feel tagalongs are a possibility during any type of cruise/rally and participants should be briefed to watch out for it. Let's all be careful out there!

Old 04-13-2005, 09:37 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
Ok, boys...let's stick to the topic which is MoH's Rally on Sunday. THANKS!

Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 AM
minihune
Originally Posted by keikilee
This is a MoH rally, so there will be no spirited driving or beatdowns...
Correct. I discussed this issue with Kohu the other night. The route will be special (not same as the Tax Break rally) for our MINI group.

We will be aware and looking for tag alongs.

Now for details- stay tuned.
Meet at MINI of HI 9am and leave at 945am was last I heard...

Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
2nd Annual MINI Island Tour

Aloha Motorers!

That is correct, MINI of Hawaii is having their 2nd Annual MINI Island Tour this Sunday the 17th.
Everyone will meet at the dealership at 9 a.m. and promptly leave at 9:45 a.m.

I will post the route and staging/rest areas later. It should be similar to last year's route.

If you have them, please bring your FRS radios so we won't have MINIs go astray

I want to emphasize this is a tour, not a rally!
We will be tour-ing around the island and meet at our final destination at Central Oahu Regional Park (near Waikele) for some fun, food, and refreshments.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:24 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
got it...TOUR!

JCW04, can you update the thread title with your fancy forum coordinator rights?

Old 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
Touring this Sunday

Any idea on the route? sneak peak on the AGS at MOH? FYI, I just sign up as a vendor on NAM and Eastsidemini banner will be on the Hawaii and HMMC forum. Also I can post group buys and coming soon products on the site now. I'm sooo glad that I finally decided to become a vendor.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:35 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Andrew - Whats an AGS? Was that the thing on your car at the dyno day? It sounded wicked!

I think my friend Edgar is gonna make the drive as he was talking to me about it today.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
minihune
Originally Posted by The_Beastmaster
Andrew - Whats an AGS? Was that the thing on your car at the dyno day? It sounded wicked!

I think my friend Edgar is gonna make the drive as he was talking to me about it today.
AGS is the new M7 Air Gain System (intake) that Andrew is beta testing for M7. Quite a bit of stuff to remove and install. Leaves a big gap in the stock air intake box area to add something. Take your pick. It's big enough for a toaster oven.

Eastsidemini,
Wonderful. Welcome as a NAM vendor. Great news.
Hope to see you on sunday.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
Beastmaster

This AGS allows a shorter and wider open path for the air intake to travel into the S.C. Who said shorter isn't better! Thats wrong, wrong, wrong.
All other after market CAI just replaces a tube before the TB and replaces the filter. Thats old school already. The amount of thoughts and effort to come up with a working product like this is speechless and also to mention it ROCKS!

Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
rydlisec
1st Gear
This will be by last Rally. Twisty road and fast driving on twisty roads is what driving a Mini is about. If you can't have fun driving your Mini, you might want to trade it in for :smile: BUG.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
rydlisec
1st Gear
Sorry, this will be my last (TOUR)!

Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eastsidemini
This AGS allows a shorter and wider open path for the air intake to travel into the S.C. Who said shorter isn't better! Thats wrong, wrong, wrong.
All other after market CAI just replaces a tube before the TB and replaces the filter. Thats old school already. The amount of thoughts and effort to come up with a working product like this is speechless and also to mention it ROCKS!
So that's how you had that catch can in place of the airbox!

Old 04-14-2005, 04:29 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
Aloha folks!-

Okay, I'll hold onto the MINI goodies a while longer, no problem. I'll work on editing the thread title too.

By the way Kohu and I had a nice talk story today with a Swiss MINI owner at MoH today. Nice guy, hope he can drop by on Sunday.

His name is Chris and his club web sites are : www.mini-power.ch and www.mini-power-club.ch

I had to plug them into the Google language tool under German to English and it worked fairly well. I also logged onto thier guest book and sent an Aloha from HMMC.

By the way, I'm up to 13 FRS/GMRS units. I also have 3-Radio Shack mobile FRS radios some place in my store room.

Aloha!

JCW04
Originally Posted by keikilee
got it...TOUR!

JCW04, can you update the thread title with your fancy forum coordinator rights?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
Beastmaster

You can put a lot of goodies there oil catch can, water injection bottle, custom intake duct, nitrous valves.....

Old 04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
rydlisec

We'll promised to be good. Did JCW04 mention Tour(ing) or Tour? I'll see you there rydlisec

Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
rydlisec
1st Gear
You too Eastside

Old 04-14-2005, 11:52 PM
nammerz
4th Gear
hey i was with eastsidemini today and i was just informed about the rally... i knowwwwww its about minis and stuff but since i dont have a mini anymore is it possible to have a mini enthusiast? i have a bike and i know you guys will be touring which is totally fine since i want to get back into the scene again. and hopefully by hanging out with such fine folks like you guys i can get back into it again. of course no stunts and crazy driving, which im not all about anyways.. i just want to hang out with you guys since i used to be a former mini owner but will own one again once i get back to california! well im hoping to be allowed if not its totallyyyyy fine. is there like registration or anything? do i have to pay for a fee? if i have to its cool... i want to help you guys out!

-nam huynh

Old 04-14-2005, 11:56 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nammerz
is there like registration or anything? do i have to pay for a fee? if i have to its cool... i want to help you guys out!
Yes, there is a $100 fee, please make the check out to: "keikilee" thanks!

nah, just kidding. No fee, I'm sure you can go with. Just show up at the dealership about 9:30ish...they might have a registration, but that's just to capture contact information and track attendance.

Have fun!

Old 04-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
Tour Destination

Aloha Motorers!

Here's the scoop.....when you register starting at 9am, you will receive a mini snack and a detailed map of the tour.

Breifly, this is where we're going......
Honolulu
Hanauma Bay
Sandy Beach (1st rest stop/staging area)
Waimanalo
Kailua
Kualoa Beach Park (2nd rest stop/staging area)
Chinaman's Hat
Kahuku
Sunset Beach
Waimea Bay
Haleiwa Beach Park (3rd rest stop/staging area)
Waialua Town
Mililani
Central Oahu Regional Park (rest, food, and fun!!)

BTW, there might be a chance the Redbull MINI "pickup" will show up in the morning

Quick Reply: [Hawaii] April Rally - THIS SUNDAY!!!