Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] April Rally - THIS SUNDAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...this was really fun! I only did half (up to Kualoa) and was still EXHAUSTED!!!! me sleeping =>

Note to parents...if your kids get bored while on an island tour...a walkie talkie is a fun way to keep them occupied. My son was nagging until DaKineMINI let him borrow his walkie talkie. From that point on, my son was my navigator, helping to relay the messages to me: "mom, they're passing Waimanalo Beach Park," "mom, I hear a McDonalds is up ahead," "mom, they said take a right at Castle Junction,"

thanks for Randy and the rest of the MoH folks for putting together a great island tour! Very well planned and executed!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:31 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
This was WAY cool! Nice LONG drive but hey, we couldn't have wished for a nicer day in Hawai'i.

Big MAHALO to Kohu and MoH. The hot dogs rocked!

It was cool having our dual motorcycle escourt too. They did a nice job of filling the counterfeit MINI needs!

And, what about that MINI Moke, super cool stuff. I haven't seen that Masa's Auto Parts car on the road for quite a while. Boy the new owner has him self a piece of automotive history!

Aloha!

JCW04

Old 04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
nammerz
4th Gear
haha my bike is a counterfeit mini? ahhahahaha oh i have the sports bike. i forgot the guys name with the muscle bike. ahhaha that is funny.. but when we parked next to each other at our last stop.. i fogot the place's name... we were like oh man... all we need is tape and we got ourselves the counterfeit mini cooper convert. ahhahaha hilarious.. but on the serious note..

i really appreciate how you guys all treated me like family even though i didnt have a mini... it was fun and stuff.. that was my first time too... lots of memories too especially when the muscle bike had to do an emergency swerve from h3 to the off ramp while going "off roading" with his bike. he literally drove that bike through the grass at like 5723807505480234 mph!! i was like whoaaaaaaa. he got me scared ahhaha but all in all.. i had a blast!

-nam huynh

Old 04-18-2005, 06:18 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Mahalo to MINI of HI and staff

Many thanks to MINI of HI and staff that helped to plan and guide us along the Tour and take care of the food and drinks at the end.

We had a good turn out and excellent weather.

And the "dirtiest MINI" award went to the DIRTIEST MINI I have seen in a long time. Ok, it's from driving around horses and a polo field in Waimanalo.
Hopefully all that dirt will wash off but it looked pretty dried on.

I think my "swiss" passenger Chris had a nice time visiting. He was missing his MC that he had to leave behind.

Nammerz,

Thanks for your help, glad you could join us.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
I talked to my friend Edgar today and he had lots of fun, but was a little tired, though.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:32 AM
bgrpph
3rd Gear
Sorry i missed the fun. Was on mainland last week and got off the plane Sunday afternoon returning from D.C. and had 3 voice mail messages on cell. Two from Dirk- Its 10am we're at dealer where are you......, 2nd from my Son saying "Dad i know you're on plane coming home but want to let you know i just saw about 200 MINI's going other way toward Sandys, 3rd from Dirk saying its 10:42 we're at Sandys where are you?.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JCW04
This was WAY cool! Nice LONG drive but hey, we couldn't have wished for a nicer day in Hawai'i.

Big MAHALO to Kohu and MoH. The hot dogs rocked!
Hey! A big MAHALO to all the Motorers that "toured" the island!!
Mahalo to minikahuna and MINI of Hawaii for spearheading this tour.

Major kudos for my "co-pilot", Allyson, for her kokua. Without her great navigational skills, MINIAC, the Rally Master , might have led the MINI pack into the Pacific Ocean .

Old 04-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Mrazda
1st Gear
I saw you guys driving by Sandy Beach
Looked like fun

Old 05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nammerz
haha my bike is a counterfeit mini? ahhahahaha oh i have the sports bike. i forgot the guys name with the muscle bike. ahhaha that is funny.. but when we parked next to each other at our last stop.. i fogot the place's name... we were like oh man... all we need is tape and we got ourselves the counterfeit mini cooper convert. ahhahaha hilarious.. but on the serious note..

i really appreciate how you guys all treated me like family even though i didnt have a mini... it was fun and stuff.. that was my first time too... lots of memories too especially when the muscle bike had to do an emergency swerve from h3 to the off ramp while going "off roading" with his bike. he literally drove that bike through the grass at like 5723807505480234 mph!! i was like whoaaaaaaa. he got me scared ahhaha but all in all.. i had a blast!

-nam huynh

HAHA...that was my husband, Nate...I didn;t know he was going that fast! Forgive hime, he doesn;t know the island yet!