General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Ordered But LONG Time Till Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Swedish Prince
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Ordered But LONG Time Till Build

Hi all, first post here. Been looking at Mini's for years, shopped around a lot and didn't see anyone with what I wanted in inventory so I finally placed an order for one just the way I wanted. JCW Clubman, Pepper White, Silver Sport Stripes, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons. Was really looking forward to the car but my Salesman told me the car will be built in late June (car was ordered May 9.)

Recently I've heard about delays with cars, Countryman in particular that had auto. Also heard that Nav/Connected could cause a delay but don't have that either.

Anyone else think this is unusual? Tempted to see if they could continue to look to see if there's something out there and cancel the order. JCW's aren't easy to find though. Almost bought a real nice JCW hardtop I test drove. Had everything I wanted except for heated seats which was a deal breaker.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
lonestarbuzz
2nd Gear
This doesn't sound too bad considering how long others are waiting. If the heated seats were the only thing missing, you can get the dealer to add those (I think it will be around $400 max).

There are a lot of delays due to the tsunami and earthquakes in Japan. Keep searching, maybe it's worth it to find one in another state and plan a road trip. I'm not sure how long you have till you can cancel your order, I would ask your MA.

Good luck! Waiting is the hardest part.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Swedish Prince
1st Gear
Hey buzz, thanks for the reply. I asked the dealer and they said that they couldn't retrofit the seats, and I know they really wanted to sell me that car.

I prefer the Clubman JCW anyway as it would give me some more room as I'm thinking of getting a dog and actually like the style a little better.

Didn't know the events in Japan were slowing production on ALL the Minis, just thought it was linked to the autos and cars with Nav.

Going to talk to my MA today to see if he could shed some more light on this or what my options are. Don't want to wait till mid-July for the car, but it's just what I want, I locked in the 0.9% and got a good deal. We'll see.