General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What You Hate Most about Your Mini???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta love how we have changed the entire tone of this thread...

Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
pepperstripes
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Seriously?? This thread is very negative. Go read the other topics that deal with the joy of owning a MINI. Had mine 7 mos. and LOVE EVERYTHING about her!!!! Now get OUT of this thread, it is meant for the complainers!!!
My list of "Hates" is more of a list of things I wish MINI would change. None of them are show-stoppers in any way. I have never, and probably will never, owned a car that I had absolutely no complaints about, that's probably just my personality.

That being said, I have never regretted my decision to buy my MINI. I am also greatful for my decision to go with the extended warranty because I am learning that there are a lot of gadgets on the thing that could have problems in the comming years.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My thoughts exactly. Yeah there's a few things I don't like about my MINI but it's still by far my most favorite car I've ever owned...and I've owned many different makes/models.

Originally Posted by pepperstripes
My list of "Hates" is more of a list of things I wish MINI would change. None of them are show-stoppers in any way. I have never, and probably will never, owned a car that I had absolutely no complaints about, that's probably just my personality.

That being said, I have never regretted my decision to buy my MINI...

Old 09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
tccox
4th Gear
I hate they way the sunvisor hinges fall apart in extreamly hot weather, I've been through 5 at $51 each but a class action lawsuit by consumers in Cal was successful and the cars mfg send me a check to cover the costs.. I hate the way that incorrect upper control arms were installed at the factory in 2007 and earlier models causing severe tyre wear and when mfg finally fessed up charged me $600 to replace with correct (Car was just out of warrenty). PLUS I had to replace tyres at $600. I hate the way the auto trans brake pedal interface switch has failed more than once. I hate the crap quality of the interior which looks like crap after only four years,

oops, wait a minute. I just noticed I was on the MINI forum , not the Honda Civic Forum. Never mind, my bad. My Mini's been perfect, love it to death

Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
ballandchain
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tccox
I hate they way the sunvisor hinges fall apart in extreamly hot weather, I've been through 5 at $51 each but a class action lawsuit by consumers in Cal was successful and the cars mfg send me a check to cover the costs.. I hate the way that incorrect upper control arms were installed at the factory in 2007 and earlier models causing severe tyre wear and when mfg finally fessed up charged me $600 to replace with correct (Car was just out of warrenty). PLUS I had to replace tyres at $600. I hate the way the auto trans brake pedal interface switch has failed more than once. I hate the crap quality of the interior which looks like crap after only four years,

oops, wait a minute. I just noticed I was on the MINI forum , not the Honda Civic Forum. Never mind, my bad. My Mini's been perfect, love it to death
LOL

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ x2

Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ballandchain
LOL
OMG...now THAT is freakin hilarious

Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Hate the crusing speed on the interstate in my Mini

I hate it because my 2009 factory JCW wants to cruise and feels great at 80/85 miles per hour.

Why I hate it is because the highest speed limit is only 70 miles per hour.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:40 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wileenreber
if I could take them out and turn them backwards, it would be soooo much better, but the darn things dont come out!
They DO come out and you can flip them around. Lean the seat back so the rest doesn't hit the roof when you try to pull it out. When the headrest locks as you pull it out just push in the little button on the side and it'll come all the way out. flip and replace.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 AM
greasypeanut
2nd Gear
i hate that the windows switch is in the center. every car that ive driven in has had the switches on the side.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 AM
MCSmoonshine
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I really hate the cup-holder that attaches to the down tube next to the radio. Not only does it ram the passengers knees but it makes it next to impossible to shift into 5th.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
moreaux
1st Gear
-Punching the passenger knee every time you go for 5th.

-Tires, manage to be stiff yet unresponsive & skip over bumps, generally nervous ride

-Sound system saids Harmon & Kardon but sounds like a gramophone compare to the Harmon & Kardon in my Range Rover.

-Had to get an iPhone to use Mini Connect (which I guess wasn't that bad after all)

Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
bunhud
1st Gear
The cup holders are, almost, useless.. way too small for many types of beverages. Not thrilled with the location, either. I am not looking for lots of them, just the few that I have to be more accomodating.

And this known item.. my "chrome" trim flapping in the breeze and no warranty fix in the future, at this point. :( This should not have happened on this expensive of a car.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Swift Mini
1st Gear
I dislike my racing stripes

I have had my mini for less than 5,000 miles and already the racing stripes have shown water and sun damage.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
Originally Posted by greasypeanut
i hate that the windows switch is in the center. every car that ive driven in has had the switches on the side.
My friends Jeep Liberty has them on the center under the arm rest... if you put your arm on the rest, they are kind of under your fingers... so it is "odd spot" x 2. Once for being in the center, and once for being behind the cupholders.

I can't wait to hate those things too... mine is on order.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
i have black leatherette seats with red fabric in the middle of the front seats ..and majority of the back seats are the red fabric. i hate how water damage on the red is visible to my eyes and my eyes only. is there a cure?? :D

Last edited by minted-rose; 09-06-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: needed a smiley face.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by minted-rose
i have black leatherette seats with red fabric in the middle of the front seats ..and majority of the back seats are the red fabric. i hate how water damage on the red is visible to my eyes and my eyes only. is there a cure?? :D
If you have "Leatherette w/Red Cloth" you don't have Leatherette you have "Leather", in that case a good Leather Cleaner/Conditioner to clean Leather, or a good Auto Steam Cleaner for the Red Fabric.

You should also post your questions in the Detailing 101 Forum, you will get an abundance of help there!!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
If you have "Leatherette w/Red Cloth" you don't have Leatherette you have "Leather", in that case a good Leather Cleaner/Conditioner to clean Leather, or a good Auto Steam Cleaner for the Red Fabric.

You should also post your questions in the Detailing 101 Forum, you will get an abundance of help there!!

thank you so much!!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell

thank you so much for the info!!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minted-rose
i hate how water damage on the red is visible to my eyes and my eyes only. is there a cure?? :D
Tint the windows really dark and turn off the dome light?

Totally know what you're talking about, though. I hate that I love this car so much that I've started to notice every little thing about it no matter how minor.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kirby11
Tint the windows really dark and turn off the dome light?

totally couldn't help but burst out laughing. it's a great idea though!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bubble and Squeak
My friends Jeep Liberty has them on the center under the arm rest... if you put your arm on the rest, they are kind of under your fingers... so it is "odd spot" x 2. Once for being in the center, and once for being behind the cupholders.

I can't wait to hate those things too... mine is on order.
You will get used to where everything is. I don't see these things as bad, just different, which is part of the whole reason I adopted a MINI and not a "cookie cutter" car!!!! I LOVE the ginormous speedometer. The cupholders are fine for my checkered MINI water bottle, or a soda can. LOVE my double panoramic sunroofs, etc, etc, etc...

Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
I despise that I can't get a diesel engine in my MINI. MINI please bring the SD over to the US.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Jackelino
1st Gear
I hate the guys who hate my little car.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jackelino
I hate the guys who hate my little car.
chalk it up to plain old ignorance

Quick Reply: What You Hate Most about Your Mini???