General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What You Hate Most about Your Mini???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:44 PM
peichor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
useless cup holders...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Ghost Weim
Neutral
I don't like that I didn't buy one sooner... I have only had mine for about a week now, so I am still in a "honeymoon" phase - and still learning where all the controls and settings are!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost Weim
I don't like that I didn't buy one sooner... I have only had mine for about a week now, so I am still in a "honeymoon" phase - and still learning where all the controls and settings are!
I've had mine almost a year and I'm still not out of the "honeymoon phase"!

Dave

Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Swift Mini
1st Gear
rear view mirror

The rear view mirror blocks my vision to my right, I don't like that. Any suggestions for an after market small mirror?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DneprDave
I've had mine almost a year and I'm still not out of the "honeymoon phase"!

Dave
3+yrs. and COUNTING for me Dave & Ghost Welm!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 05-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Swift Mini
The rear view mirror blocks my vision to my right, I don't like that. Any suggestions for an after market small mirror?
Not say you're "wrong", but have you tried different adjustmens on your MINI, like...
1) Center the Rearview Mirror so it just sees the top of the back seat (at Bottom of Mirror).
2) Adjust your Right/Left Side Mirrors so they see "none" or only a sliver of your MINI.
3) It's never a good idea to think that someone is not there, when they most likely are, so turning your head and looking before changing lanes or turning.

I hope this was helpful, again I don't want to come off as sounding like a "know-it-all", we are ALL always learning!!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Not say you're "wrong", but have you tried different adjustmens on your MINI, like...
The problem he's having isn't one of mirror adjustment - it's the physical size/location of the center rearview mirror itself. Since you can't see through the mirror, it blocks your view of a portion of the road ahead and to the right of the car. The problem is worse/more noticeable during hard right-hand turns.

It doesn't bother me often during street driving, but when I'm autocrossing, I just flip the mirror up/away as much as I can. It makes it useless for seeing behind me, but it doesn't block my view of the track ahead of me.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:26 PM
tydude789
2nd Gear
I don't have a clubman, but I don't like that it has the doors on passenger side only. I know why it doesn't have the same double doors on the driver side, but it's still annoying to think about.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tydude789
I don't have a clubman, but I don't like that it has the doors on passenger side only. I know why it doesn't have the same double doors on the driver side, but it's still annoying to think about.
They would have had to re-engineer and re certify the design and location of the gas tank, if they had put the Club Door on the left side. MINI saved some money by putting the Club Door on the right side only.

Dave

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM
tydude789
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DneprDave
They would have had to re-engineer and re certify the design and location of the gas tank, if they had put the Club Door on the left side. MINI saved some money by putting the Club Door on the right side only.

Dave
Oh, I know. I still find it a tad annoying. Talk about OCD....

Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tydude789
Funny, my next MINI will be a clubman and I like that the door is over there becasue rarely do people sit behind me in any car. Being 6'-6" makes it often uncomfortable in any vehicle for those behind me.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Stangace20
1st Gear
that I can't pass cars doing 40 MPH w/out taking a week to get up to 60, I know it's just the base 4-cylinder, but being used to cars w/ at least a little more power/that are able to pass other cars comfortably. I'm dreading the idea of possibly being stuck behind rigs and slow *** cell phone law breakers for the rest of my life

Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 AM
CKeffer
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you should have gotten the S.....just sayin, cause I have had no issues overtaking anyone.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:16 AM
wmcm159
1st Gear
I was going to say the same thing... Usually I have to restrain myself, I look down at the speedo after getting back in my lane and realize I'm doing 70 or so...

Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Btwyx
6th Gear
You can pass in a JustaCooper, it just takes a little planning.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I do a lot of passing in my JustaCooper. Gear down, hammer throttle, rinse, repeat. I have no problems getting up to 130KM/H in 3rd gear when I need to. If I am cruising in 5th gear at 2900RPM and try to pass without a gear drop, yeah, it's gutless. Learn to keep it between 3500-4200RPM and it picks up quick enough to pass, in my experience.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
I absolutely despise the auto transmission. I should Never have traded by manual in on an automatic. It kills the mileage, it's sluggish as hell and it's just not fun anymore. I can't wait to get my 2010 payments down to the break-even point so I can trade it in on another stick.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
I've always been a manual transmission guy, but I bought my automatic transmission MINI because I want to sometimes have a nap on long trips and my wife doesn't drive a stick. After a year of ownership, I love my automatic transmission, being able to choose between manual and auto mode, the paddle shifters, the tightened up shifts in sport mode are all fun features.

And, I've been getting a consistent 31 miles per gallon, manually calculated, in mixed city/highway driving.

Dave

Old 05-24-2011, 12:36 PM
rimtnbiker
2nd Gear
I don't like when I open the door from the inside that it won't stay open. It seems like it just wants to hit me on my way up and out of the car!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
^^^ All of my passengers hate that!! They haven't found that "sweet spot"

Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM
wileenreber
2nd Gear
I am still in the honeymoon phase, since 2006 with my Mini Cooper automatic, but traded her for my new love: my surf blue countryman. The only complaint I have is those darn cupholders. The 2006 cup holders were too small for any regular sized coffee cup and could not even hold a standard water bottle. I had that goofy added on one in the 2006, and it was always sloshing my morning DunkinDonuts coffee into the CD player. Well they dont have that anymore, and the twin cup holders are large enough this time, but too close forward to the window buttons in my Countryman. the "riding the rail" cup holder will not go forward from the hand brake, and so it sits in the awkward position behind the brake handle, about at my elbow. what good is that? If they had put those twin cup holders about an inch back from the window buttons, it would have been perfect. as it is, if you bump the buttons the lid pops off the coffee, or if its a "energy saver cup" gets stuck on the buttons and your windows go up or down each time you reach for your cup!!

OK, small problems. Otherwise MINI is perfect. when you think of all the other car companies that have massive safety recalls, we are all pretty lucky owners.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Swift Mini
1st Gear
I have tried the suggestions. I finally lowered the seat and now have better vision. Still I would like a smaller mirror, but it seems that there is not one available now.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
I wish I could have gotten the Cooper SD here. Still happy with my petrol S though.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Lainford Express
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Swift Mini
I have tried the suggestions. I finally lowered the seat and now have better vision. Still I would like a smaller mirror, but it seems that there is not one available now.
When I went on my test drive, the previous customer must've been a midget because I had the same problem. When I lowered the seat, the issue completely went away.

Also, if it only bothers you when you're autocrossing, and you can flip it out of the way so it doesn't bother you, what is the problem? Lots of hardcore autocrossers recommend moving the mirrors to face nowhere so you aren't distracted during your run. What do you need to look at behind you during the fastest 60 seconds of your life?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Chrisindelaware
1st Gear
Being beaten to death by feathers. I haven't had any huge problems, but continuous small ones since I bought it. I'm thinking 2012 civic SI.

Quick Reply: What You Hate Most about Your Mini???