General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What You Hate Most about Your Mini???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:46 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MiamiGuitarMan
had mine for almost two weeks. So far the only thing I hate is the bluetooth microphone. Everyone complains that I sound like crap and it's hard to hear me.
Hmmm no no problems with mine, my daughter likes it cause when my wife calls she can talk to her clear with her sitting in the back. On the incoming volume issue did you know you can turn up the volume with the radio ****? Mine is SUPER loud if you turn it up. Just something to try. 

Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I also have no problem with my bluetooth. Often I get scolded for talking and driving, when I tell them the car has bluetooth, they always surprised at the quality of the call.

I don't think you will find a hands free system that will work really well in a convertible, the wind will just mes up the call no mater what.

Dave

Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 AM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DneprDave
I also have no problem with my bluetooth. Often I get scolded for talking and driving, when I tell them the car has bluetooth, they always surprised at the quality of the call.

I don't think you will find a hands free system that will work really well in a convertible, the wind will just mes up the call no mater what.

Dave

Even with the top up I get complaints.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
leomulhollandiii
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1- break dust
2- noise off the sun roof
3- "mini maintenance" package
4- mini service in my area (both locations)
5- blue tooth sounds you are in a wind tunnel.

But damn it fun to step on that pedal and let it fly!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
leomulhollandiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
I hate the fact that if I push the gas peddle all the way to the floor when I'm going about 80 it pops down to a low gear and over revs like crap.. Anyone else try this?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Thomas S
2nd Gear
The driver's side visor is a great idea (who needs a grab handle there anyway?) but it's too short to be useful if the seat is anywhere near all the way back. I wish someone would make a nice aftermarket one that's long enough to cover the entire top of the side window. I'd buy one for sure!

Wind noise from the sunroof, brake dust, annoying heater controls, PitA USB music menus, lack of proper gauges (even as a factory option), runflats - all of those are little things that don't amount to that much. This is a factory built race car, and considering that it has great creature comforts!

By contrast, my 1963 Ford factory racer had no sound deadening, no radio or heater, no carpets, no power steering or power brakes, no A/C, handled poorly in corners, sucked enormous amounts of 110 Octane, was hard to start, ran badly in traffic and overheated. Don't get me wrong; my Ford was a blast to drive under the right conditions, but Ms Mini is soooo much nicer overall!

Tom S

Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
As tiny as she is, I hate that I can't bring her into the house with me..

Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I hate that instead of doing Household Chores tomorrow, I want to get out there and give her a Nice Detail!!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
leomulhollandiii
3rd Gear
i hate the fact instead of detailing her tomorrow i get to drop her off at the shop for repairs

Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 AM
tccox
4th Gear
This is more "most useless" than most hated but can anyone tell me why we have HVAC in the glove compartment?

Old 04-30-2011, 07:35 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tccox
This is more "most useless" than most hated but can anyone tell me why we have HVAC in the glove compartment?
its supposed to be able to used as a mini cooler. You can put a drink in there and keep it cool when the a/c is running.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
russmini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have 2 MINI's, a 2008 Justa Hardtop with automatic and a new 2011 Hardtop S with manual. What I hate about both of them are the really cheap plastics on the mirrors and side emblems. I don't understand why MINI hasn't upgraded the quality of these items

Old 04-30-2011, 06:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by susanmini
I have 2 MINI's, a 2008 Justa Hardtop with automatic and a new 2011 Hardtop S with manual. What I hate about both of them are the really cheap plastics on the mirrors and side emblems. I don't understand why MINI hasn't upgraded the quality of these items
If you don't like the Side Scuttles you ordered or that were on the car you could have purchased them from Outmotoring.com and had the Dealer install them before you took deliver!! I waited 1yr. before I put British Flag Side Scuttles on Molly. MINIs are meant to be
U-ified, they'd be rather boring and like any other auto manufacture if you couldn't!!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 PM
MINIng
2nd Gear
I didn't want to be repetitive, but trying to read through 23 pages of comments seemed kind of ridiculous to me. My list goes something like this:

1. The stupid auto-wipers.
They don't auto-wipe. I have to push the lever up and then down for them to start sensing and then they don't stop until they rip half of the wiper off. I wish MINI could have put an off switch. The manual said the third position of the lever was off, but non-existent on my car.

2. The clutch rattling when in neutral. (yet, not when depressed) Came when I bought the car (r53) used.

3. The seat belt always getting stuck on the seat.

4. The cheap clips holding all the plastic pieces in (mirror caps, grill, etc.)

5. The whining noise when the car turns at slow speeds.

Also hate that all the ricers want try to show up only to get embarrassed, especially GTIs and SIs

Last edited by MINIng; 05-03-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 PM
leomulhollandiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIng
Also hate that all the ricers want try to show up only to get embarrassed, especially GTIs and SIs

Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Mini Coupe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HRM
Not that is bothers me, but what I would change would be make the back windows vent a bit like a mini van. That way one could get a great flow of air without much effort (just crack the front and back windows.)

I personally don't like or use sunroofs, plus they weigh and cost much more than my dream solution would.
I actually was thinking this exact same thing the other day, and when I looked into it, the way they built our cars, the back windows go up and under that beltline that separates the roof from the windows, so unfortunately as far as the r56 hatch goes, not doable.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Mini Coupe
2nd Gear
[quote=MINIng;3273779]I didn't want to be repetitive, but trying to read through 23 pages of comments seemed kind of ridiculous to me. My list goes something like this:

1. The stupid auto-wipers.
They don't auto-wipe. I have to push the lever up and then down for them to start sensing and then they don't stop until they rip half of the wiper off. I wish MINI could have put an off switch. The manual said the third position of the lever was off, but non-existent on my car.

Not sure about your car, but the button on the very tip of the wiper toggle is where mine is... When it starts raining, I press it once and it does all the work for me.. I have an r56 though.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
MINIng
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Coupe
Not sure about your car, but the button on the very tip of the wiper toggle is where mine is... When it starts raining, I press it once and it does all the work for me.. I have an r56 though.
As for me, I have an r53 and the only thing on the end of my window toggle is the yellow windshield washer fluid sensor that lights up when its low.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 AM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For me the thing that bugs me the most is the way the factory stereo plays Books on CD. When I get out of the car, and get back in later, it starts playing the mp3 file from the beginning again. I wish I could turn that off.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
MikeInOKC
1st Gear
When I'm driving without the radio on *gasp* The turn signals are are incredibly loud. The missus can sit at a red light with the thing on without a bother, but it makes me go like this
tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock ............

Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MikeInOKC
When I'm driving without the radio on *gasp* The turn signals are are incredibly loud. The missus can sit at a red light with the thing on without a bother, but it makes me go like this
tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock ............
They ARE loud. I always tell folks these cars are designed for Senior Citizens due to the LOUD turn signals, and the GINORMOUS speedometer

Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
However, I do find these qualities endearing...

Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM
MMACrypt
1st Gear
I hate that we ordered it over a week ago and it's still not here :D

Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MMACrypt
I hate that we ordered it over a week ago and it's still not here :D
Just wait til you're at 4 and a half weeks!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
MMACrypt
1st Gear
I'm sure, we've had crappy weather the last week so we really aren't missing it but the last two days have been nice and the thought of driving it with the top down is killing us. Oh well. I wanted to order it 2 weeks earlier but the woman wasn't 100% sure yet, we ended up not changing a thing but ordered it 2 weeks later. We would be around 4 weeks if we ordered it when I said.

Quick Reply: What You Hate Most about Your Mini???