Fall Dragon Run (Nov 2-4, 2007) Slay the Sleeping Dragon with a fall run on the Dragon!

Let's see those pics! I know you gotta 'em!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll have the shots from Sat morn up tomorrow

Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
LowCountry S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
killboy has the pics up from Fri and Sat up on his site, lots of us there.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
terryg
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That IS a great pic! Now I REALLY wish I had finished the grille swap and put on the new bonnet stripes before the event!

I'm going to photochop the '08 version of Blooper in there once he's done, and use that for the backdrop of my screen saver!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Great pics everyone. I have a few to share and will get them up soon.

Looks like I missed the main gatherings Saturday due to having a little motion sickness:impatient from caravaning with the Canadians on Friday. We had a blast with them!!! I had the patch behind the ear, but I think I was overdosed on it. I had burred vision and dizziness :impatient most of Saturday and into Sunday.

Thanks to Jason, his the wifey (major helper ), and everyone else who had a hand in getting this event organized. It was a blast, what I got to enjoy of it when not dealing with the motion sickness. We met many really nice people this weekend. The Canadian bunch made our week we must say. Aaa, as they say.

I did The Dragon one time, that was the end of my riding adventure for the rest of the weekend. The ride home really sucked. I just wasn't cut out for this type of entertainment with my Mini.

Keep the pics coming. I'm enjoying seeing all the stuff I missed. I'll have some pics soon.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
MDK
6th Gear
Sorry to hear about the problems. I also got dizzy and kind of vertigo-ish Friday night during the midnight run. When I did the drive on Saturday it did not bother me nearly as much-the scared for life thing was still there but not the "I'm going to hurl" feeling. I think being able to see through the corners with the daylight helped me focus much better. I've also heard those patches can be tricky to get the right amount to the person.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
quemas
2nd Gear
Thanks, Drillslinger, got lucky on that one!. Must have deleted a slew of pics to get 1 or 2 good ones out of the sunroof. Still looking good though terryg.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Kool pics, Xiek... love'em.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Were the cops up on the Dragon last weekend? They have had a very heavy presence lately.

function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}

Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 AM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Read the answer to this in the MSSD thread. I saw no cops all weekend. Some saw one.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 AM
MDK
6th Gear
Did you all see the pickup that must have rolled on Killboys pics? Yikes!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Holy Carp! That looks like a Pablo Picasso Pickup... I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle transmogrified quite that way... maybe it's an Autobot that got "stuck" in the middle of transforming...

I know, jokes are inappropriate... pretty good bet somebody got hurt in that thing... but WOW

(for those wondering - it's in killboy's "odd shots" for Saturday Nov 3)

Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 AM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Sgt Pepper
1st Gear
Awesome video!!! Now I REALLY hate I missed the midnight run!!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 AM
MACS MINI
3rd Gear
1QukMINI, Seems we got knocked off the M2C2 site. That's a shame; I'd think lots of members would have like to seen the pics. It would excite more to visit the Dragon. Oh well.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_Bee
Awesome work, Jack. Love the "bonnet cam" view on the Midnight run.

Wow - it REALLY was pretty on Saturday, wasn't it? I was so busy driving sometimes I forgot to soak in just how fantastic the scenery was... blue sky, leaves at peak color, great vistas... I want to do it again... NOW...

Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 AM
minianni
2nd Gear
Hey Jack, I like it on this thread too!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay folks, here are the photos that Van and I shot. Some did not turn out well. Please note that these will only be online for a short time because of the amount of space they take up on my server. If you would like a full size image of the preview, just click it and a 2000 pixel image will load in a new window and you can save it to your computer.

I'll be removing these on December 1st 2007

http://www.gomotoring.com/photos/

Old 11-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
some of us (me included) made kill boys blog...

http://killboy.blogspot.com/

Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
terryg
4th Gear
Yup, Blooper made an appearance, in all his half-reassembled glory.

I should have taped over the front and back, like the guys testing new cars do

Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 AM
MDK
6th Gear
Wow - it REALLY was pretty on Saturday, wasn't it? I was so busy driving sometimes I forgot to soak in just how fantastic the scenery was... blue sky, leaves at peak color, great vistas... I want to do it again... NOW... [/quote]

Yeah Paul, take more time to take it all in so you don't miss things like couches and carpet and the view! I don't think I saw you relax untill the brew swap when your cruise was over and nothing left to do but make the long walk back to the cabin (all of 10 feet). Now renting the cabin beside the brew site was just plain masterfull

Old 11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear

Hey, I can't help it if we had stealthy couches. And I'm sure you put that carpet in when I wasn't looking. I remember thinking "Oh crap, Canadians" when we pulled in the first time and saw the flags next door - but it turned out alright. hehe

Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
MDK
6th Gear
I don't think anyone would take credit for THAT carpet.....

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
Ok, so the decals if you guys wanted would be $40 CDN or $100 US (j/k) plus shipping.

these are the SLOW TRAFFIC MOVE RIGHT for the windshield written backwards.