F60 2018 CPO...good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:45 AM
mstover
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 CPO...good idea?

Hello,

I'm looking at doing a trade-in on my 2014 Countryman S All4 that has 96,000 miles on it for a pretty well loaded CPO 2018 Countryman S All4 that has about 9,000 miles on it (dealer loaner). They are asking $35k for it. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on doing a CPO purchase through MINI (Schomp MINI Denver in this case). Anything to look out for? As they are a "one price" dealership it sounds like there is no negotiation on the price....just curious if that is really the case. I put on about 24,000 miles a year so the fact that they offer a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty on a CPO purchase is very attractive to me. I can get the new car financing through MINI, but can't get my USAA discount as they say USAA only counts for brand new MINI's...so is it new or used? Anyway, I'm just looking for any advice. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2018, 08:21 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
For only a few grand more you can get a brand new one.
Just sayin'...

Old 06-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
You have to figure the value of five year unlimited mileage warranty for a high mileage driver. Also how loaded is the car?

Can't hurt to make a lower offer no matter what they say.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:56 PM
mstover
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
For only a few grand more you can get a brand new one.
Just sayin'...

The issue is the mileage I put on it....I put 24000, to 25000 per year on my current Countryman. That warranty is nice to have in my back pocket if/when something goes wrong....which with my luck it will. None the less, you are correct about it being just a few grand more for a new one. In fact if I wait a few months I'm sure they will have another sale that could bring it down to fairly even. Still, I'll burn through the warranty on a new one in 2 years.

I need to telework more!

Old 06-10-2018, 07:02 PM
mstover
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
You have to figure the value of five year unlimited mileage warranty for a high mileage driver. Also how loaded is the car?

Can't hurt to make a lower offer no matter what they say.

I figured I would try to get it down lower, but Schomp claims to be a "one price" dealership where they don't dicker. They set the price and that is what you pay. The sales guys aren't paid on commission. None the less I'll ask. They actually have 4

The car has The Premium Package, Technology Package, Convenience Package, Wired Package, Automatic transmission (only negative), auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors, and Sirius. MSRP is $40,450...no destination charge.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:13 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Most MINI dealerships are a one set price for new vehicles, but anything used is negotiable. 9,000 miles sounds used to me.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 PM
GaDawg
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m in exactly the same boat as it pertains to mileage.
One detail they tend to leave out is that while you have unlimited miles, the warranty expiration date remains the same. For example, the original date was Mar 2020, the warranty will expire on that date regardless of the miles. Push them on this issue and verify what I’m being told.
I can get USAA as well, but you should still get the discount if it a car that has never been registered - it should still be a new car in USAA’s eyes.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:37 AM
mstover
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GaDawg
I’m in exactly the same boat as it pertains to mileage.
One detail they tend to leave out is that while you have unlimited miles, the warranty expiration date remains the same. For example, the original date was Mar 2020, the warranty will expire on that date regardless of the miles. Push them on this issue and verify what I’m being told.
I can get USAA as well, but you should still get the discount if it a car that has never been registered - it should still be a new car in USAA’s eyes.
Yeah, you are correct on the warranty. What they are telling me is that I'll have 5 years from the date it went into service at the dealership which they show you. In my case that would take off about 6 months giving me 4.5 years to put on as many miles as I want, but I could extend that up to 7 years if I want to pay for it...not sure on the amount it would cost as I've not gone that far yet. GREAT to hear I can get the USAA discount! That helps! THANKS!