F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Coding parameters that actually work using Bimmercode Expert Mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
Good point. Man, I tell you though on an ice'd up window that window going down brings chills to my body
I knew what you meant, but didn't have the heart to tell you. I just explained it to my Grandson the other day. When he saw the groove/slot on the roof gasket his eyes lit up. Could have been that light bulb over his head too, but he's only ten so I'll cut him some slack.

The following users liked this post:
Mini_Vinnie (11-27-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 06:56 PM
vetsvette
FYI: I started a thread in FAQ for bimmercode app codings. Check it out. If you have a tested coding parameter and it's not listed feel free to add it. As I see new postings I'll try to keep the list updated. I think it'll be easier to have this info in one place rather than spread across multiple threads/forums. Any suggestions for improvements let me know.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:55 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette
I knew what you meant, but didn't have the heart to tell you. I just explained it to my Grandson the other day. When he saw the groove/slot on the roof gasket his eyes lit up. Could have been that light bulb over his head too, but he's only ten so I'll cut him some slack.
Ha! it just took me a bit longer

Old 11-28-2017, 02:52 AM
Mini_Vinnie
I just saw the app was updated. The change log is rather generic. Any idea what coding items got added

Old 11-28-2017, 10:07 AM
vetsvette
No clue. I just updated my iPhone and iPad.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys. I see you can activate rear fog lights. What’s the deal with that? Does Mini install it but not activate it unless you pay for the option? I’m pretty sure the lease I’m taking over doesn’t have rear fog lights but I’d love to have them.

I downloaded the app. What’s the best OBD2 module to buy? Is there anything that will read and clear codes should they arise?

thanks!

Best,
Gene

Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
vetsvette
This is the module that I bought and I can confirm that it works.

Amazon Amazon

If your car is like my '15 model it comes with everything needed for the rear fogs except the correct switch and the programming. You can buy the switch from your dealer (or eBay) , but the dealer will/can not program it unless it shows the option when they check the VIN. I bought the switch and had the car coded at MOTD a couple years ago. Then two weeks later when I had the JCW BBK installed they had to enter the programming for the upgrade. This canceled all the custom coding I had done. Every software update the dealer does will have the same result. That's what makes the app so great. I also like being able to code using my phone or iPad vs a Windows PC and a cable.
I have a brand new cable I'm trying to get rid of now.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
This is the module that I bought and I can confirm that it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

If your car is like my '15 model it comes with everything needed for the rear fogs except the correct switch and the programming. You can buy the switch from your dealer (or eBay) , but the dealer will/can not program it unless it shows the option when they check the VIN. I bought the switch and had the car coded at MOTD a couple years ago. Then two weeks later when I had the JCW BBK installed they had to enter the programming for the upgrade. This canceled all the custom coding I had done. Every software update the dealer does will have the same result. That's what makes the app so great. I also like being able to code using my phone or iPad vs a Windows PC and a cable.
I have a brand new cable I'm trying to get rid of now.
lol let me get this straight. So Mini installs the lights, with bulbs, and wiring, but doesn't give you the switch and activate it unless you get the option? That's almost unbelievable! The car I'm getting [hopefully Saturday] is below. I've downloaded the app and ordered the OBD2 device. I don't have a good sense of what's going on in the interior so I may have to wait to order a switch.

Best,
Gene

Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Mini_Vinnie
So where are the fogs in that picture? The circles in the brake lights?

Old 11-29-2017, 06:10 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
So where are the fogs in that picture? The circles in the brake lights?
Are they not the red things on the sides of the exhaust? I posted a photo because as far as the F56 I have absolutely zero idea what I'm talking about.

Best,
Gene

Old 11-29-2017, 06:38 PM
vetsvette
Yep, they're on either side of the exhaust. They are the same brightness as the brake lights. I had to use mine a few times on my R56. Once when I got caught in a snow/sleet storm for about 250 miles returning from the Dragon and a couple times in the fog driving in the mountains. I figure they must work since nobody rear ended me.

The following users liked this post:
phantasms (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Yep, they're on either side of the exhaust. They are the same brightness as the brake lights. I had to use mine a few times on my R56. Once when I got caught in a snow/sleet storm for about 250 miles returning from the Dragon and a couple times in the fog driving in the mountains. I figure they must work since nobody rear ended me.
SOB, learned something new today. I just figured they were brake lights.

Can you post a picture of the switch you bought Whitey? I noticed on my panel, I have a button for the fog then a dead button right next to that switch. That must be where the rear switch might go

Old 11-30-2017, 08:52 AM
vetsvette
This is the realoem.com page. The part number has changed since I bought mine, but if you're gonna search for a used one you might search the discontinued numbers as well. You can also try AllMag who is a site vendor/sponsor for a used one. They usually charge ~1/2 MSRP. I believe the one you're looking for is #8. There is only a single wire hookup regardless of which switch you have. Everything is done via software.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=61_3283

The coding required can be found in 3rd Gen FAQ.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:47 PM
F36_Bimmer
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Lights

TVPS, thank you for the great information. I have an F36, can't seem to find 3068 in expert mode. Basically, I want to be able to turn the fog lights on while driving. Any suggestions?

Old 01-08-2018, 06:49 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
I loaded up the app for the first time and peeked around today. What's up with all the change sound/animation stuff to BMW/BMWi/M/Rools Royce....etc. Any of that do anything?

Best,
Gene

Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by phantasms
I loaded up the app for the first time and peeked around today. What's up with all the change sound/animation stuff to BMW/BMWi/M/Rools Royce....etc. Any of that do anything?

Best,
Gene
Yes! If you hate the MINI sounds, you can switch to a different sound set. My last MINI had the BMWi sounds which were more subtle. My current MINI defaults to the new MINI sound set which I like better.

Animation is mostly just for fun, especially the BMW/M ones. I have the JCW splash screen on my Clubman, even though it's not a real JCW, but you can also specify the new LCI splash screen too with the new logo.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Mini_Vinnie
did the option to disable seatbelt chimes and notifications change? i couldnt find it when i went back in to recode some things after my flash

Old 01-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Mini_Vinnie
Ok so the seat belt chime disable definitely changed with the new app update.

The belt options are in ASM2 but the only option to code is ASM_4i in the app. I couldnt get to expert mode in ASM just in BDC_Body

Last edited by Mini_Vinnie; 01-18-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:52 PM
jlb
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh baby! OBD2 adapter came in today, so impatient me had to get some coding done. LOL. I did just about all the coding on the coding list, minus the rear fogs as I have not purchased the switch yet. Now, I was able to get the power mirrors to fold in and out via the key fob, but not the Comfort Access button. Any suggestions? I always use the comfort access button and not the key fob.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:53 AM
SFMCS
4th Gear
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
I thought that the code did not work either, but...just push the button a second longer and they fold. A quick push and they do not. Nice option IMO.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:16 AM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Can someone tell me what "warm monitoring" and "cold monitoring" is? There are options for many, many of those mostly to do with various lights.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM
punkgeek
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest
Can someone tell me what "warm monitoring" and "cold monitoring" is? There are options for many, many of those mostly to do with various lights.
Warm monitoring occasionally checks the bulb to see if it is working (by measuring current flow) while the bulb is on.

Cold monitoring is the same thing but checking the bulb occasionally while it is off (by briefly putting a voltage and checking to see if it flows through the filament).

Old 01-19-2018, 12:53 PM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks! Makes sense, but I never would have thought of that. I thought maybe it was to check the temperature of the beer in the cup holder! (But only when parked obviously).

Old 01-19-2018, 05:15 PM
jlb
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SFMCS
I thought that the code did not work either, but...just push the button a second longer and they fold. A quick push and they do not. Nice option IMO.
Thanks! That worked.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:25 PM
HammerM
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expert Mode?

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Coding I tested today using Bimmercode Expert Mode:
Add as you wish, but only tested and working functions.

Activate Rear Fog Lights:
3068 NSL_Verbaut = Verbaut

Code first, the cycle ignition, then restart Bimmercode for the below options
to show up

Activate Rear Fog Lights feature for lighting switch:
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output = nsl_l
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function = nebelschlusslicht
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output = nsl_r
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function = Nebelschlusslicht

Every time you recode after doing rear fogs, you WILL get a dash warning about lighting errors.
cycle the ignition, it will go away, the warning after coding is because the VO has not been coded.
It will not persist after that.

Close windows, sunroof & mirror from key fob:
3056 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv 00

Turn off window roll-up door interrupt when ignition off, and door is being opened:
3050 FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT =aktiv

Disable Active Sound Design
3000 ASD_SOUND_OFF = aktiv

Display Tire Pressure & Temperaure in Vehicle Info:
3001 RDC_SAFETY = aktiv

Fogs on with high beams
3068 NSW_AUS_BEI_FL = nicht aktiv (AUS means off + nicht aktiv is a double negative = ON, so nicht aktiv)

Fogs on with DRL/Parking lamps
3068 NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL =Activ (EIN_ AUF means To go on)

Enable Illumination of Exterior Door Handle LEDs when in Reverse
3070 OVT_BEI_REUCKFAHRLICHT = aktiv

Installed LED reverse lights:
Turn off warm and cold monitoring
Turn on LED status

Rückfahrscheinwerfer = Reverse lamps. RFS

3061 RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_IS_LED = aktiv

3061 RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_IS_LED aktiv

Tip blinker stalk for 5 blinks instead of 3.

3069 PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN =FUENFMAL
Confused why you used "Expert" mode as all your coding, except the rear fogs, is in the standard selection group with no need for "expert" section. That is unless your ECU options are much more limiting than on my 2016 F26 X4M40i #1. Which ecu was the rear fogs in?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Coding parameters that actually work using Bimmercode Expert Mode