F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 For Sale: 2014 MINI Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 06:48 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
For Sale: 2014 MINI Cooper

Dunno if this is allowed or not, I'll take it down if so.

Selling my F56.

Specs:
2014 Mini Cooper (base)
BRG2/BRG2
Manual Transmission
25,xxx miles
$17k OBO
Located in Myrtle Beach, SC. Willing to drive up to 250 miles to trade or will help with shipping (and would be willing to share the cost).

Options:
- LED Headlights
- White Turn Signals
- 15" wheels w/ approximately 5k on the tires (non-runflats, has a spare!)
- WMW Intake
- BC Coilovers in great shape. Have approximately 10k miles on them.
- 32 way adjustable shocks
- Ferrari 348 wheels - 17x7.5 square. Custom made adapters that are both hubcentric and center bore centric. Made specifically for this set of wheels and this car. Tires have roughly 15k on them, still plenty of life left.
-Black Pearl Sport Seats
-Anthracite headliner
-Connected XL Package
- 7" screen
- Navigation
- Bluetooth
-Cottonwood Dash
-Storage tray in the boot

I think that's it. It's been a great car for me, the nicest I've ever owned. It's tons of fun to drive yet amazingly still averages 35mpg mixed driving (and I'm honestly not even trying to get good mileage). The reason I'm selling is that we just had a baby in June and we can't get the car seat to fit. And we really need all automatic cars at this point. The only thing it needs is an outer CV boot replaced on the drivers side. I have the part ready but haven't had a chance to install it yet. The dealer quoted me $200 to replace it but I'm confident it can be done a lot cheaper than that. I will either have it replaced or discount the price by that amount.

Build thread here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...n-the-mix.html

More pictures will follow this weekend after I get a chance to clean it up.

Pics:
Nav and 7" screen

Black Pearl material

LED headlights:

Without the wheels it would be $16k. Without the coilovers it would be $15.5k. Price is OBO. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by VicSkimmr; 08-04-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to see it go but congrats on the house and baby! GLWS!

Old 01-26-2016, 11:02 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Thanks!

It was all planned out. We wanted to sell our last place and move before we got pregnant, and we just made that deadline. Moving into the new place in March, baby is due in June. I'd really like to keep the MINI but can't justify the $300/month payment and I'm frankly tired of trying to find wheels that actually fit in the wheel wells.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry to see you go! Excellent configuration on your Cooper, that interior combo is awesome. Someone will be lucky to be the next caretaker of this MINI.

Good luck with the sale.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
sal1k
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Thanks!

It was all planned out. We wanted to sell our last place and move before we got pregnant, and we just made that deadline. Moving into the new place in March, baby is due in June. I'd really like to keep the MINI but can't justify the $300/month payment and I'm frankly tired of trying to find wheels that actually fit in the wheel wells.
Congrats on the baby! (and the house). Good luck!

Old 01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Better results if posted in the marketplace section. GL

Old 01-26-2016, 04:28 PM
MidnightF56
3rd Gear
I hope you're able to move this quickly. Always been a fan Jason's car!

Old 01-27-2016, 05:01 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Thanks guys. I'm going to post it in the classified section too.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM
ToyCar
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Vic, nice looking ride. Is there a warranty issue? I noticed you said the dealer wanted $200 for the CV boot. I'm asking for a friend who has been shopping around, although he cannot settle on the 2 or 4 door. How's the ride with the coil overs and the newer shocks?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:44 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
If you replace the suspension they won't repair anything related to the suspension under warranty, for obvious reasons. So if you blow your shocks, they won't replace them. But that's about it as far as I can think. I've had BC coilovers on every one of my cars for at least 6 years and I've never had a problem with the suspension failing in any manner and I've never had a warranty issue outside of the CV boot from this time. They're definitely as good or better quality than the stock parts and dealers are used to dealing with people that modify their MINIs. The service guys usually come out and want to talk about everything I've done every time I bring it in. They don't care about warranty issues from modifications at all.

They wouldn't warranty the cv boot because they claimed it was directly caused by the coilovers. When I went to verify (because I'm always skeptical of those things) I noticed that I had thread the shock body itself too low and it had indeed cut into the boot. So it was truly my fault. On these coilovers you can adjust both the height where the spring sits and also the actual height of the shock (to an extent). I typically drop the shock body as far as possible to ensure that you'll get the most travel you can and I just lowered it way too low. But no big deal, I just raised it back up till it cleared the boot and now I'm just trying to decide if I want to repair before selling it. The dealer is 2 hours away from me unfortunately.

The ride with the coilovers is great. Right now I have it still pretty low, but there is full travel in the shocks and you can adjust them to be as firm or soft as you want. The spring rates are a good generalized rate. They're a bit firmer than stock (probably right around the sport suspension rate) but not uncomfortable. Speed bumps are no problem. The only thing that ever makes contact on speed bumps are the jack points, which I would recommend replacing anyway (for all MINIs). They're absurdly tall for no real reason. You can get much slimmer aftermarket ones that will make life a lot easier if you want to lower your car. But like I said, I'd be happy to raise it up to whatever height is wished. It'll probably go nearly as high as the stock height.

Or I can have the original suspension installed again, though that seems like such a waste of an opportunity for the new owner.

Last edited by VicSkimmr; 01-28-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:48 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
And non runflat tires helps the ride a lot too. How much was the car originally? Is the base Cooper price still about $19k?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Mine was right at $25k when I bought it. Brand new base models are $20,700 without any options.

The Edmunds retail price is $16,500. KBB is a little lower than that for private party. I'm open to offers obviously, but I doubt you'll find a used one as nice or as tailored as this one is. I specifically chose just the options that I thought gave the best value and chose the 15" wheels specifically for the non-runflats and the full sized spare, which no other Cooper will have and gives you great piece of mind.

The Black Pearl seats are my favorite seats ever. They're not hard to clean (though I haven't spilled any food on them), the texture is cool (both heatwise and aesthetically) and they hold up very well since the bolsters are leatherette. The white stitching is a really nice touch.

The H/K sound system is a huge improvement over the standard setup. There is a sub under each front seat, and the tone is very well balanced to my (non-audiofile) ears. Trebles are crisp and clear and the bass isn't overwhelming, though still very much present.

LED lights are really nice. They have this purplish cast to the very edges that make them stand out a lot. I don't have any direct evidence that you're easier to see but I've had countless people comment on them saying they could see me coming from really far away.

The Connected XL package is awesome. The 7" screen is a must IMHO, and the iDrive setup is identical to the F series BMWs, which is to say it's by far the best infotainment system I've used. The voice recognition is extremely accurate, the Nav is great and the software is buttery smooth. You can zoom out in the Nav till all you see is the earth, and then spin the dial and it will zoom all the way down till you're less than 20 feet above the car without a single hiccup. Plus Bluetooth is so handy. It automatically connects to my phone and I have access to all of my music and can make calls without a single wire.

The color is personal preference but I don't think you can do better than BRG2 once it's been waxed. You hardly ever see it, and certainly never with a body colored roof.

The anthracite headliner and lack of a sunroof does a great job keeping the car cool. You sit so far back you rarely even need to wear sunglasses. I specifically chose not to get a sunroof because the cover they give you is perforated, which we just can't deal with in the heat. That and they tend to rattle.

The cottonwood dash is pretty cool but I would honestly want a little more contrast. It's very subtle.

The trunk compartment is great and provides a flat loading space when the seats are folded down.

I've gotten a lot of good use out of the upgraded rear view mirror. It's nice having buttons for garage door openers instead of dealing with those rattle boxes I'm used to having.

Anyway, I'm super sad to see this car go but sometimes life forces you to do things you don't want to do. If this had been an F54 and I'd have gone with an automatic I would probably be willing to deal with the car payment but as it stands I just can't justify it for a car that only I can drive when we've got a kid on the way.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:14 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
For the new owner, I would suggest picking out whatever set of MINI branded wheels you like best and putting non-runflats on them. It's just not worth trying to find a set of aftermarket wheels that will fit since the front is so narrow. Then you'll have the best of both world's in that you can get wheels you know will fit but don't have to deal with runflats and will still have a spare in case of a flat. 18's would be the best choice aesthetically but 17's work too and allow for more sidewall height, so a smoother ride.

A comparison of 18's vs. 17's on this car.
MINI [Brenizer] by Jason Withers, on Flickr

MINI [Brenizer] by Jason Withers, on Flickr

Also, this car has never bottomed out, never scraped on anything. The only damage I had from having it so low was dealing with the damn tires rubbing away my wheel arches, which have been replaced.

RPF1's also come in a conservative 17 and 18" 5x112 setup that would be even cheaper. 18x7.5 et 48 and 17x7.5 et 48. You can get a set for less than $1k.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:57 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by randomquickness
Sorry to see it go but congrats on the house and baby! GLWS!
+1

Really dig this look.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-01-2016, 09:32 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Bump.

Come get your well optioned, good as new F56 with a good set of coilovers already installed for a huge discount

Old 03-08-2016, 12:29 PM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Vic, sorry to hear that you're selling your Mini S. Understandable, of course.

I'm planning on selling my '14 Mini Cooper S as well, in June if all goes as planned. Mine's pretty loaded (13K miles) so hopefully it will fetch a decent price. I'm a musclecar guy at heart, so I'm lusting after a 2016 Camaro SS (455hp).

I wish you the best selling yours Vic. Hope it sells real quick for ya. Congratulations on the baby coming in June.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:32 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Haha yeah it hasn't sold very quick unfortunately. It just comes with the territory of trying to sell a newer car. I'm going to take it by the dealer this weekend and see what they'll give me for it.

and thanks!

Old 03-09-2016, 04:01 PM
DunkM
4th Gear
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
It does make me sad, because if I hadn't bought my car, I would probably buy yours. I hope you get what you need to out of it.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:08 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
I'm sure I will. As long as I don't have to pay anything out of pocket to sell it I'll be happy.

Last edited by VicSkimmr; 08-04-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:49 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Have you considered consignment as an alternative to trading into the dealer? I did that with my old Acura - they charged a flat $1100 fee and they took care of cleaning it up, listing and advertising and it sold in a couple weeks for much more than the dealer would have given me (and without the hassle of doing everything myself - including sales/licensing paperwork).

Old 03-10-2016, 12:09 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Hmm, no I hadn't considered it, but I definitely will! I have no idea if the dealership would be interested in that or not, I've never tried it.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:42 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Hmm, no I hadn't considered it, but I definitely will! I have no idea if the dealership would be interested in that or not, I've never tried it.
To clarify, when I said "they" I meant another dealer that just deals in used cars. This particular one tries to only take luxury type sedans (BMWs, Audi, Lexus, Acura, etc.) and were able to sell my Acura TL pretty quickly and painlessly. I had to get new tires since mine were pretty low, but they hooked me up with that and gave me a good discount.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:09 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Bumping this back up. Throwing in the Speedline 348's. Price is OBO.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:51 PM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
Great car. Love the Ferrari wheels. And you have the best seat choice too- I have the same and love them.