F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 MINI treat bag arrived today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
MINI treat bag arrived today.

Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise

Old 09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
4151zero
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USA-RET
Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise
Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna

Old 09-08-2015, 04:12 PM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When is the last time that you purchased a MINI from the dealer?

Old 09-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Drivehard
4th Gear
Got it also. Hung the bag as garage art. I'll never use it. Other stuff pretty cool Free is never bad. In fact the bubble pack envelope with the Velcro closure was great timing. I need to hand over some stuff to my attorney and thought that that was perfect. Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring. Got my car July

Old 09-08-2015, 04:44 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
MINI treat bag

I found a little after I recieved mine that the little MINI car/ usb stick is actually my owner's manual.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:39 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 4151zero
Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna
Thanks, I'd have never figured that our myself.

I may just hang it from the rear view on a string Ala 1950's fuzzy dice

Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 PM
MCS Pepper White
1st Gear
The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:35 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MCS Pepper White
The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.
Definitely a knock on wood deal. Hard to throw a 7 or 11 with only one die.

Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight???????? Our dealer throws in a free evening meal.

I do love this little "bugger".

Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight???????? Our dealer throws in a free evening meal.
Nice! I got the goodie bag, but no 'second date' or anything from my dealer.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 AM
dirtyscarab
2nd Gear
Yep, got my goodie bag last weekend as well. I must admit, some not-very-manly noises escaped me when usps rang the doorbell and dropped it off.

I think I'll use the bubble wrap envelope to keep all the car's service receipts in etc. Debating whether to stick the "save the wave" sticker on the back window. Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though

Carman63: I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dirtyscarab
Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though
Me neither. Went this route. Wife in a poodle skirt and me in my leather jacket, we are ready to rock and roll like Bill Haley and the Comets.

Attached Thumbnails MINI treat bag arrived today.-mini-dice.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:13 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dirtyscarab
I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.
Does this go through the service dept?

Old 09-09-2015, 09:22 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by carman63
Does this go through the service dept?
We set ours up through the receptionist at MINI. We got an email from the dealership with the dates indicated. Our Service Department also has a blackboard with posted 2nd dates posted each month.

It is a RSVP deal since they do a meal for people showing up etc.

I'd call and as about the 2nd date with the dealership receptionist. She should know...if not (which I would be amazed if she didn't), ask to be transferred to the service dept as they are the ones doing the Q&A.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:05 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts

Post up some pics, I want to see if they changed the swag bag again.

I remember the days of the road bingo games and mouse pads.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
k9oz
2nd Gear
Gift bag

i got my third gift -- three minis in 9 years. Not quite as good as the first two boxes, but won't complain. My wife scarfed the pen and mini-shaped thumb drive. I got everything else.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:10 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:32 PM
watchluvr4ever
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever.
I read somewhere that the magazine is being discontinued.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
jacobj
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do they send these when purchasing used from a mini dealer?
I got the Save the Wave sticker in the mail with my first bill, but that's all so far.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:22 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Sandylp
2nd Gear

I just got the bag with the same contents after picking up my car in June. I didn't think I'd get one since the dealer filled my gas tank when I picked up the car plus I got a $50 Shell card. I mainly use the journal book to keep a record of all my dealer services, etc. This is my third bag from Mini.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo

Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I received the package the other day too...Nice, but I doubt I'll use any of it.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:04 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo

Yea, steak and shake have always looked like the MINI wings logo. Now its even more like it.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:14 PM
HogWldFLTR
2nd Gear

So how long ago did you get the mini and how long before the goody bag arrived? Is it standard on all new car sales?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Took delivery in mid June on our car, got the goodies on the date of the post (9/8/15.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 MINI treat bag arrived today.