MINI treat bag arrived today. - North American Motoring

F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI treat bag arrived today.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 PM
5th Gear

MINI treat bag arrived today.

Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise
Old 09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise
Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna
Old 09-08-2015, 04:12 PM
5th Gear

When is the last time that you purchased a MINI from the dealer?
Old 09-08-2015, 04:25 PM
4th Gear

Got it also. Hung the bag as garage art. I'll never use it. Other stuff pretty cool Free is never bad. In fact the bubble pack envelope with the Velcro closure was great timing. I need to hand over some stuff to my attorney and thought that that was perfect. Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring. Got my car July
Old 09-08-2015, 04:44 PM
4th Gear

MINI treat bag

Quote:

I found a little after I recieved mine that the little MINI car/ usb stick is actually my owner's manual.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:39 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna
Thanks, I'd have never figured that our myself.

I may just hang it from the rear view on a string Ala 1950's fuzzy dice
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:35 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS Pepper White View Post
The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.
Definitely a knock on wood deal. Hard to throw a 7 or 11 with only one die.

Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight???????? Our dealer throws in a free evening meal.

I do love this little "bugger".
Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight???????? Our dealer throws in a free evening meal.
Nice! I got the goodie bag, but no 'second date' or anything from my dealer.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 AM
2nd Gear

Yep, got my goodie bag last weekend as well. I must admit, some not-very-manly noises escaped me when usps rang the doorbell and dropped it off.

I think I'll use the bubble wrap envelope to keep all the car's service receipts in etc. Debating whether to stick the "save the wave" sticker on the back window. Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though

Carman63: I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyscarab View Post
Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though
Me neither. Went this route. Wife in a poodle skirt and me in my leather jacket, we are ready to rock and roll like Bill Haley and the Comets.
Attached Thumbnails
MINI treat bag arrived today.-mini-dice.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:13 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyscarab View Post
I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.
Does this go through the service dept?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:22 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carman63 View Post
Does this go through the service dept?
We set ours up through the receptionist at MINI. We got an email from the dealership with the dates indicated. Our Service Department also has a blackboard with posted 2nd dates posted each month.

It is a RSVP deal since they do a meal for people showing up etc.

I'd call and as about the 2nd date with the dealership receptionist. She should know...if not (which I would be amazed if she didn't), ask to be transferred to the service dept as they are the ones doing the Q&A.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:

Post up some pics, I want to see if they changed the swag bag again.

I remember the days of the road bingo games and mouse pads.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

Gift bag

i got my third gift -- three minis in 9 years. Not quite as good as the first two boxes, but won't complain. My wife scarfed the pen and mini-shaped thumb drive. I got everything else.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:10 PM
5th Gear

Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:32 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever.
I read somewhere that the magazine is being discontinued.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

Do they send these when purchasing used from a mini dealer?
I got the Save the Wave sticker in the mail with my first bill, but that's all so far.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:

I just got the bag with the same contents after picking up my car in June. I didn't think I'd get one since the dealer filled my gas tank when I picked up the car plus I got a $50 Shell card. I mainly use the journal book to keep a record of all my dealer services, etc. This is my third bag from Mini.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo
Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 PM
5th Gear

I received the package the other day too...Nice, but I doubt I'll use any of it.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo

Yea, steak and shake have always looked like the MINI wings logo. Now its even more like it.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:14 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:

So how long ago did you get the mini and how long before the goody bag arrived? Is it standard on all new car sales?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM
5th Gear

Took delivery in mid June on our car, got the goodies on the date of the post (9/8/15.