North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014-428/)
-   -   F55/F56 MINI treat bag arrived today. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014/292994-mini-treat-bag-arrived-today.html)

USA-RET 09-08-2015 04:04 PM

MINI treat bag arrived today.

Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise :)

4151zero 09-08-2015 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by USA-RET (Post 4121871)
Got a nice bag of goodies in the mail from MINI. The shipping bag is actually a reversible draw-string bag that is lined with plastic w/ a bulldog logo embossed on it. Could be a trash bag, but thinking it may be a cooler bag of some sort. Kinda nice actually

Also got the MINI cooper USB stick (cute), pen, log book, decal for rear window, various sundry booklets and flyers and also a large white Dice (single). Cannot figure out what it's for. Just as a small hole on one of the faces. Any clues gents? Oh Yeah, MINI magazine included in shipment. Nice surprise :)

Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna

mini_wisconsin 09-08-2015 04:12 PM

When is the last time that you purchased a MINI from the dealer?

Drivehard 09-08-2015 04:25 PM

Got it also. Hung the bag as garage art. I'll never use it. Other stuff pretty cool Free is never bad. In fact the bubble pack envelope with the Velcro closure was great timing. I need to hand over some stuff to my attorney and thought that that was perfect. Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring. Got my car July

dpcompt 09-08-2015 04:44 PM

MINI treat bag

I found a little after I recieved mine that the little MINI car/ usb stick is actually my owner's manual.:thumbsup:

USA-RET 09-08-2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 4151zero (Post 4121873)
Congrats! The hole in the die is for your antenna

Thanks, I'd have never figured that our myself. :lol:

I may just hang it from the rear view on a string Ala 1950's fuzzy dice :thumbsup:

MCS Pepper White 09-08-2015 10:03 PM

The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.

USA-RET 09-09-2015 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MCS Pepper White (Post 4121966)
The die is for you to throw on predictions of future problems...lol Good luck with no future problems.

Definitely a knock on wood deal. Hard to throw a 7 or 11 with only one die. :lol:

Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. :lol: She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight????????:confused: Our dealer throws in a free evening meal. :popcorn: :thumbsup:

I do love this little "bugger".

carman63 09-09-2015 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by USA-RET (Post 4122065)
Going to "second date" this evening. Hopefully will get a couple of things ironed out that are annoyances. Bringing her in almost empty too. :lol: She'll get a drink and a bath while we are there.

Wonder what's on their menu tonight????????:confused: Our dealer throws in a free evening meal. :popcorn: :thumbsup:

Nice! I got the goodie bag, but no 'second date' or anything from my dealer.

dirtyscarab 09-09-2015 08:04 AM

Yep, got my goodie bag last weekend as well. I must admit, some not-very-manly noises escaped me when usps rang the doorbell and dropped it off.

I think I'll use the bubble wrap envelope to keep all the car's service receipts in etc. Debating whether to stick the "save the wave" sticker on the back window. Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though :lol:

Carman63: I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.

USA-RET 09-09-2015 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dirtyscarab (Post 4122074)
Definitely NOT putting the dice on the antenna though :lol:

Me neither. Went this route. Wife in a poodle skirt and me in my leather jacket, we are ready to rock and roll like Bill Haley and the Comets. :lol:

carman63 09-09-2015 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by dirtyscarab (Post 4122074)
I would call the dealer to set it up. Definitely worth doing for a free wash, tank of gas and a gift.

Does this go through the service dept?

USA-RET 09-09-2015 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by carman63 (Post 4122103)
Does this go through the service dept?

We set ours up through the receptionist at MINI. We got an email from the dealership with the dates indicated. Our Service Department also has a blackboard with posted 2nd dates posted each month.

It is a RSVP deal since they do a meal for people showing up etc.

I'd call and as about the 2nd date with the dealership receptionist. She should know...if not (which I would be amazed if she didn't), ask to be transferred to the service dept as they are the ones doing the Q&A.

ECSTuning 09-10-2015 01:05 PM

Post up some pics, I want to see if they changed the swag bag again.

I remember the days of the road bingo games and mouse pads. :thumbsup:

k9oz 09-10-2015 04:24 PM

Gift bag

i got my third gift -- three minis in 9 years. Not quite as good as the first two boxes, but won't complain. My wife scarfed the pen and mini-shaped thumb drive. I got everything else.

USA-RET 09-10-2015 05:10 PM

Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever. :confused:

watchluvr4ever 09-10-2015 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by USA-RET (Post 4122774)
Have they discontinued publishing the MINI International magazine. Got a notice in the swag bag that this was the last copy. Dunno if that means to me or if it's the last paper copy ever. :confused:

I read somewhere that the magazine is being discontinued.

jacobj 09-10-2015 08:55 PM

Do they send these when purchasing used from a mini dealer?
I got the Save the Wave sticker in the mail with my first bill, but that's all so far.

ECSTuning 09-11-2015 07:22 AM

Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...263a5e9f13.jpg

Sandylp 09-11-2015 10:24 AM

I just got the bag with the same contents after picking up my car in June. I didn't think I'd get one since the dealer filled my gas tank when I picked up the car plus I got a $50 Shell card. I mainly use the journal book to keep a record of all my dealer services, etc. This is my third bag from Mini.

USA-RET 09-11-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4122950)
Got any pics of the swag.

I know MINIspace is going down. The MINI International app has not been updated for a while now. The MINI international app store looks to be gone ? Sounds like a global re branding and marketing, makes sense with the new brand image and logo relaunch.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...263a5e9f13.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo :lol:

Shoof 09-12-2015 08:45 PM

I received the package the other day too...Nice, but I doubt I'll use any of it.

ECSTuning 09-14-2015 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by USA-RET (Post 4123247)
Kinda reminds me of the Steak & Shake logo :lol:

Yea, steak and shake have always looked like the MINI wings logo. ;) Now its even more like it.

HogWldFLTR 09-14-2015 12:14 PM

So how long ago did you get the mini and how long before the goody bag arrived? Is it standard on all new car sales?

USA-RET 09-14-2015 01:39 PM

Took delivery in mid June on our car, got the goodies on the date of the post (9/8/15.