F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Spent another hour with a F56 on the dealer lot

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:37 PM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent another hour with a F56 on the dealer lot

So, I went back to my dealer today and spent close to an hour with one of their "dealer" F56 cars. Configured very close to mine.
First things first: The Harmon Kardon Audio is VERY good. I brought my IPOD with me with a range of samples ranging from Guns and Roses, Katherine Jenkins (classical), Eminem just to name a few. Covered all of the sound types basically. In my 2010 mini with standard sound, I put in over 2k of aftermarket, In my 370Z, I put in over 4k, In my Jeep, I did the same. I tell you this to let you know how much I value my sound. I don't think I will be spending a DIME on my mini after market. I was that impressed. I don't know what the base system sounds like by comparison. Since I bought the upgrade, I didn't even think to look (Sorry). But for the money, I can only imagine its a worth while upgrade.
I also took my MA for a test drive (he was bored). We were talking and I mentioned how I was glad to have a handbrake again after my Porsche (it has an electronic E-Brake). I said I cant wait to do a hand brake turn. He asked what that was. So I showed him lol. I think I almost gave him a heart attack but it was soooo much fun lol. He made me swear not to tell his manager I did that in the demo car. I haven't done one of those in at least 15 years. Brought back memories.
There is a bit of turbo lag in the auto....its not horrible but it is noticeable. once it kicks in though, it really takes off. He also let me know that my car and the other cars effected by the recall will be stopped in port to get fixed. Their last update was that they only had enough parts (in the west) to do 2 cars per dealer at the moment. I can only hope they ramp up when my car arrives next week. My dealer also already has some accessories in stock like those funky green floor mats (no thanks) and the key chains. But to add the driving lights they want over $900....NO WAY!. I am also not impressed with the BMW idrive system to control the screen. The damn wheel is backwards. You want to spin clockwise to scroll through stuff but everything is reversed. Everything else was just as fun as the other test drives though and I cant wait until my mini gets off of the ship next week, gets the recall fixed and gets on its way to my dealership

Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 PM
torpeau
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steve1ddd
He also let me know that my car and the other cars effected by the recall will be stopped in port to get fixed. Their last update was that they only had enough parts (in the west) to do 2 cars per dealer at the moment.
I was led to believe there only around 2 dozen cars with the problem and that my car, completed on 3/26, wasn't involved.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 PM
marcussoori
3rd Gear
I'm with you steve1ddd, mine will be off the ship late next week, and likely needs the replacement part as well.

As for the infotainment, did you try the voice control feature to see what commands could be given without using the controls? Or does the MINI not have this feature?

Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by marcussoori
I'm with you steve1ddd, mine will be off the ship late next week, and likely needs the replacement part as well.

As for the infotainment, did you try the voice control feature to see what commands could be given without using the controls? Or does the MINI not have this feature?
I did try this with navigation and it worked. Not sure where else you can use this feature though

Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice, and helpful, review Steve. I am so happy that I ordered the upgraded HK system now.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Carnut12
1st Gear
Nice review!!!