F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 What features are you getting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
marcussoori
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, white3!

Old 03-10-2014, 02:40 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Hello,

Lets be honest here with one another.

The later Model Minis have never really been what I think most working class people thinks is reasonable.

That being said the 2014 is nothing more than a continuation with even more (Expensive-Options).

Mine is I think $37,000.00 Plus.

I sure am not going to Post here that I think that is a "Reasonably" priced small car.

But .........

The wife and I both want the 2014 and we want it our way.

So, it cost what it cost and if we or anyone else does not wish to pay that then there are other choices in the Market place.

I'm thinking in our case we will be very satisfied with this new 2014 regardless of the MSRP.

Name:  2014MCSBlazingRedMetallicinterior_zpsa427255a.png
Views: 93
Size:  546.5 KB

T.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:50 PM
russmini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
tigerhonaker:

I don't disagree with what you are saying, although I think because of MINI's pricing scheme pricing can vary to what some working class people would think reasonable ($25k for a new car is less than average) to some MINI's such as the Paceman going over the $40k mark (which would cause me to pause as that is in BMW territory). One of the beauties of the mark is to spec it the way you want, sort of. I come from a more minimalistic perspective and pricing my MINI S at about $27k. My main gripe in my previous post was the bait-and-switch of the paddle shifters, priced at $250 but in reality because you also have to order the JCW steering wheel it is $250 more. I find this technique insulting to buyers and would rather be able to choose more specifically what I want. It's a bit like cable TV where you can't choose your channels, but rather a grouping.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by susanmini
tigerhonaker:

I don't disagree with what you are saying, although I think because of MINI's pricing scheme pricing can vary to what some working class people would think reasonable ($25k for a new car is less than average) to some MINI's such as the Paceman going over the $40k mark (which would cause me to pause as that is in BMW territory). One of the beauties of the mark is to spec it the way you want, sort of. I come from a more minimalistic perspective and pricing my MINI S at about $27k. My main gripe in my previous post was the bait-and-switch of the paddle shifters, priced at $250 but in reality because you also have to order the JCW steering wheel it is $250 more. I find this technique insulting to buyers and would rather be able to choose more specifically what I want. It's a bit like cable TV where you can't choose your channels, but rather a grouping.
I understand what and where you are coming from.

It was the same sort of thing with my Bullitt Mustang.
I wanted the HID headlights.
I found out quickly to have the HID headlights I had to also order the Security System.
So the HID headlights in reality were not all that great a deal once you added in the optional Security System.

I have learned it is just what it is and try to make the best of it even though I like you and so many others don't like it.

T.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 PM
StevenZoz
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cornering LEDs or HUD? I'd still get at least the regular LEDs with HUD

Old 03-12-2014, 04:11 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I quickly understood the beauty of customizing your factory build. But I, too, agree that some of the options are a bit expensive. But you can choose to forgo some of those options if you have a target MSRP. IMO the fact that the MINI is now up to par with BMW quality/features takes away some of the pricing sting. And also consider that the MINI includes a Boot to Bonnet No Cost Maintenance Program.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 AM
russmini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CobraBob
I quickly understood the beauty of customizing your factory build. But I, too, agree that some of the options are a bit expensive. But you can choose to forgo some of those options if you have a target MSRP. IMO the fact that the MINI is now up to par with BMW quality/features takes away some of the pricing sting. And also consider that the MINI includes a Boot to Bonnet No Cost Maintenance Program.
One needs to be acutely aware of the fine print on the maintenance program, keeping the purchase date anniversary in mind. (Personal experience). If you drive low miles like I do the service is once a year and unless you get yor service on or before the anniversary date you won't get three services.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Thanks Susan.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
bmw_328ci
1st Gear
Anyone has real picture for the Leather / Cloth Diamond carbon black?
Never mind I found it.What do you think about my configuration?

Attached Thumbnails What features are you getting?-10958340795_b35cd09be0_c.jpg   What features are you getting?-my_mini_desktop-2.jpg   What features are you getting?-screen-shot-2014-03-14-at-01.35.21.jpg  

Last edited by bmw_328ci; 03-13-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
I think it looks really good. When did you place your order?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM
russmini
4th Gear
Anyone know if a spare tire can be ordered separately? I don't want the run flats, been there done that, but according to the options list the spare is not offered on the S.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Anyone know if a spare tire can be ordered separately? I don't want the run flats, been there done that, but according to the options list the spare is not offered on the S.
Hello Susan ...

In our case we ordered the 2014 MCS with the "Optional" 18" wheels and tires.

So No-Spare ........

On our 2011 MCS I put a new set of Michelin Non-Run-Flat tires.

This time I will just run with what comes on it with the 18" tires and wheels.

Terry

Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hello Susan ...
In our case we ordered the 2014 MCS with the "Optional" 18" wheels and tires.
So No-Spare ........
On our 2011 MCS I put a new set of Michelin Non-Run-Flat tires.
This time I will just run with what comes on it with the 18" tires and wheels.
Terry
i'm a run-flat newbie...are they really THAT bad? note i live in NYC and moving to Miami in the fall.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:48 AM
russmini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo
i'm a run-flat newbie...are they really THAT bad? note i live in NYC and moving to Miami in the fall.
I had run flats on my 2011 MCS and thought they rode pretty hard. Also if you do get a flat they are nearly impossible to fix and relatively expensive to replace. If I get a 2014 S I don't want the run flats, but don't want to go without a spare.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:35 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I had run flats on my 2011 MCS and thought they rode pretty hard. Also if you do get a flat they are nearly impossible to fix and relatively expensive to replace. If I get a 2014 S I don't want the run flats, but don't want to go without a spare.
I had RFs on my 2007 until they wore out (about 30k). Replaced with non-RFs and they ride better, less bumpy feeling for sure, and last longer and cost half as much and handle as good. You can get runflats fixed like any other tire, not the sidewall of course. I carry a pump and fixit goo/repair kit/AAA. Spare will take up a lot of boot space. Some go with a compact spare in a case. 18" RFs you may want to visit your dentist before you take possession lol.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo
My opinion is, Run-Flats, ride rougher than the standard tire.

The simple reason is they have a Very-Stiff-Sidewall.

That is why one can drive with them Flat at a very reduced speed until you can hopefully reach a place for assistance.

I have the Premium Triple AAA service that provides Towing etc. if you need it.

So with out existing 2011 MCS I had the Run-Flats taken off and replaced with Michelin NON Run-Flats.

Much smoother ride and if I needed assistance with a flat I was going to utilize my Triple AAA service.

This time with the ordered 2014 MCS with the optional 18" wheels and tires I am "Not" going to change the tires out.

I also added the item #223 Dynamic Damper Control for the suspension so I can adjust it if need be.

T.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:30 PM
torpeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
This time with the ordered 2014 MCS with the optional 18" wheels and tires I am "Not" going to change the tires out. I also added the item #223 Dynamic Damper Control for the suspension so I can adjust it if need be.

Never had RFs, but have not heard many positive things about them. I chose 16 inchers and the Dynamic Damper Control hoping to limit tooth rattling.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:34 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
One thing for sure in my experience is that running non inflated changes the handling for the worse. The suspension is designed to work with runflat tires. The regular tires tend to roll more when you are drifting...frankly even with 17" rims the handling is softer...but adding a stiffer sway bar will greatly improve this.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by GregoryK
One thing for sure in my experience is that running non inflated changes the handling for the worse. The suspension is designed to work with runflat tires. The regular tires tend to roll more when you are drifting...frankly even with 17" rims the handling is softer...but adding a stiffer sway bar will greatly improve this.
You notice the difference in ride right away because you drove in RF and drove out nonRF. I can't say they handle different, I have a rear ASB. 16" RF not said to be too bad, I had 17" and was glad to change. 18" see dentist. lol