F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

2016 Clubman S issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:37 AM
MyWife'sMini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2016 Clubman S issues

So my wife keeps telling me that every now and then when she gets in her mini, the mirrors, AC, and radio are all changed from the last time she drove it. Is there some sort of default driver setting, or custom setting for all those items that we are not aware of? Don't see anything online. Thought I would check here with the experts before sending her to the dealer with the not so much experts. Hate for it to be an electrical reset issue. She is also having a problem with getting radio presets. And then at a light recently, one of the cargo doors opened on its own. Gremlins?

thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Landspeeder
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it possible that the settings were done with key fob 'A' but she has tried to use key fob 'B' that has the default settings? Key fobs are sensitive to where you keep them on your person...i.e. a fob dropped into a handbag could be activated by other items that brush against the buttons on the fob. Also those lucky enough to be able to skinny jeans have found that the fob can be easily tripped by the tightness of the pocket when sitting down, etc. If this does not help, visit your dealer for coaching on the control features.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 PM
MyWife'sMini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh....interesting. I did not know that and will give it a try. Thanks so much for that heads up!

Old 07-12-2017, 04:38 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
So look up profiles. Something is switching profiles.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:25 AM
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm curious whether the key fob could open a back door while the vehicle's in traffic. On our auto, at least, I've confirmed the door-release button by the driver's footwell is locked out while the vehicle's in gear, but I haven't tested with the fob. That part of the issues mentioned by the poster's wife struck me as particularly odd.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 PM
ToyCar
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
OP--Driving home after my purchase, my radio wouldn't hold presets or climate control settings after turning vehicle off. It was because I had both fobs in the car. When I returned home I stashed the second fob away from the vehicle's range, went into settings and selected "Profile 1" for the fob I was using. Programmed my radio and climate settings and they were retained upon startup with the same fob. About that door opening-if the fob and profile settings cure your radio presets, then perhaps a button on the fob is accidentally being pushed. Otherwise, gremlins!

Old 07-17-2017, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've since confirmed on our '17 Clubman that the key fob will open the rear doors while the vehicle is in gear (auto), so long as the vehicle's stationary (i.e. foot brake on). With foot brake off the function is locked out. So yes, an inadvertent key fob press while stopped at a light would do it, no gremlins required. Seems the door release by the driver's footwell functions only when in park.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:57 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Why don't you guys set the doors to lock when it drives? then the backdoor won't open. I don't think it is the fob, i have two fobs (my one use to unlock the door and my gf carries one) nothing is reset while both of us are in the car.