European MINIs European MINIs may look similar but there are some interesting differences. Learn more here!

Photos of Minis in Rome

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photos of Minis in Rome

Hey all,
Here are more photos of EURO SPEC. Italian-owned Minis.
I live on the US Base here in Bella Napoli, there are a few of us USA SPEC. Minis, but these are euro.

C H E C K O U T T H E S P Q R O N T H E R O A D

Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
yelocab
1st Gear
Well, it's not quite Rome, but we saw this one in Civitavecchia while our cruise ship was pulling out of the port. Also a couple in Monte Carlo.

Attached Thumbnails Photos of Minis in Rome-dsc02470.jpg   Photos of Minis in Rome-dsc02620.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet! Thanks for the pics. I was in Venice last year for a few days, it was an awesome trip. I can't wait to go back to Italy to see more!

So what sort of license plate do Americans stationed in Italy use on their personal vehicles?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
yelocab
1st Gear
Not to direct the thread away from Rome, but here's a yellow one in Dubrovnik Croatia; a red one in Athens (very tough to find); and a black one in Barcelona.

When you go to Europe you have to take pictures of The Grand Canal in Venice, the Acropolis in Athens, the Vatican in Rome, La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona...and a MINI in every city!

Regarding license plates, I would assume the vehicle would have to be registered in Italy and thus have Italian plates.

Attached Thumbnails Photos of Minis in Rome-dsc01909.jpg   Photos of Minis in Rome-dsc02063.jpg   Photos of Minis in Rome-dsc02742.jpg  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by yelocab
Not to direct the thread away from Rome, but here's a yellow one in Dubrovnik Croatia; a red one in Athens (very tough to find); and a black one in Barcelona.

When you go to Europe you have to take pictures of The Grand Canal in Venice, the Acropolis in Athens, the Vatican in Rome, La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona...and a MINI in every city!

Regarding license plates, I would assume the vehicle would have to be registered in Italy and thus have Italian plates.
I need to find the pics I took when I was in Europe last year. The first R56 I've ever seen out in the wild was in Switzerland.

Something I noticed in your pic - those pesky Chrysler minivans. They are EVERYWHERE, aren't they? And the one pictured was trying to cope a feel of the little MINI.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
I didn't get any pics of MINIs in Rome. I was trying to ride a scooter and too scared to try to get pics. So, not trying to hijack the thread, I was able to get these pics in Florence(Feb 2006).

The first MINI cabrio I saw in person was in Hamburg in September, 2004. We were waiting to cross a busy road when a BRG/B Cooper Cabrio drove right in front of us (two feet away) with the top down. I got a really good look at it, turned to my wife and said "I have to get one of those!" She was smiling and agreed with me.

yelocab, I noticed in the first picture you posted that it looks like the MINI is trying to park as far away from other vehicles as possible , and the yellow MINI in Croatia is in serious danger of door dings.

Last edited by Mishka; 08-13-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Hiya

In response, this is my licence plate on my US SPec mini, it must conform to Italian licence laws, so its the long, euro style plate. CHeck out my licence plate...X Rated vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel, how about a U and then an E.
This is the plate they issued me. I didnt ask for it....

Old 08-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Here is the front view, the euro plates are TWO different sizes. Smaller in front, traditional euro style plate on the back.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Euseys
Hiya

In response, this is my licence plate on my US SPec mini, it must conform to Italian licence laws, so its the long, euro style plate. CHeck out my licence plate...X Rated vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel, how about a U and then an E.
This is the plate they issued me. I didnt ask for it....

Awesome. Will you be allowed to keep the plates when you return to the US? I noticed that your rear plate doesn't look quite right on the boot, like it sits a bit low or something. Do you have it mounted to the US plate bracket?

I found that if you remove the US plate bracket, you can use one of those universal Euro plate holders/frames and screw that on to the boot using the existing holes/screws from the US plate bracket. This is how plates are mounted on Euro-spec MINIs. I can show you pics of how I had my GB plate mounted to my car, if you'd like...

Love the license plate...too bad you couldn't have those two vowels!