Call out for Germany MINI owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooperingermany
Love to do the NurburgRing..
There's a special date just for MINI's at Nurburgring. Date set for Saturday June 10.2006. I may need to get some more details.

The BIG event to get ready for is strahlung-pur. I will be getting my tickets this weekend and detailing my MINI for this event.

Never too early to start detailing

Let me know. Whats your location ?

Old 04-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Rudy,
Any info you can find on the Ring meet or the strahlung-pur would be appreciated. I live 90 minutes South of the Ring so would LOVE another excuse to drive on up

Thx

Old 04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Drillslinger,

The Strahlung Pur IV event is the next BIG event. This is where the deutchland tour meets with the Strahlung Pur event.

Here's the link for more info:
http://www.strahlung-pur.de (They have a page all in english as well.)

The ring has specific dates on which MINIs are the only car allowed. There are other dates but you will be mixed with other car classes. Heres a great link with information:
http://motoringfile.com/2005/10/28/t..._nordschleife/

Here are some tentative dates:
Samstag 29.04.2006

Samstag 10.06.2006
(with special MINI section)

Samstag 15.07.2006

Samstag 05.08.2006

Samstag 02.09.2006

Samstag 07.10.2006

Samstag 21.10.2006

Let me know if your interested. Where about do you live in Germany? We could meet local and drive up, maybe get a small convoy. Or just do some local motoring on the roads. Let me know.

RudyT (Motor ON!!!)

Old 04-11-2006, 04:22 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Thanks for the info dude
I keep forgetting to check this forum for updates, or I'd have seen it sooner

I live in Bad Kreuznach and have been up to the Ring a couple of times with my TQ (A3) but due to unsure insurance coverage (and a paranoid Frau ) I've yet to actually DRIVE the Nordschleife (Should remedy that on Sat. though )

Thx again

Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
The MINI² Deutschlandrundfahrt & Strahlung Pur IV

Drillslinger, Daflake, Cooperingermany, Low4life, Philip and all other MINI-holics that check this thread....

Registration is now open for the MINI2 Deutschlandrundfahrt & Strahlung Pur IV . This thread contains all the details.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=67635
(Also posted @ mini2.com & mini2.info) Big thanks to eS for the post.

Lets see a show of hands (threads) on who will be attending what?

I will be at Strahlung Pur IV and partcipating in 6 stages of the Deutschlandrundfahrt Tour. Who's with me ???

Old 05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
help.....

I need the center carbon fiber dash section from Hamann and I can't get them to answer my emails..... the center section that goes aroung the tach and the two air vents only..... would one of you please see if it is available and what it would cost....please......did I say please...yes I think I did......

Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RudyT
Drillslinger, Daflake, Cooperingermany, Low4life, Philip and all other MINI-holics that check this thread....

Registration is now open for the MINI2 Deutschlandrundfahrt & Strahlung Pur IV . This thread contains all the details.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=67635
(Also posted @ mini2.com & mini2.info) Big thanks to eS for the post.

Lets see a show of hands (threads) on who will be attending what?

I will be at Strahlung Pur IV and partcipating in 6 stages of the Deutschlandrundfahrt Tour. Who's with me ???
I'm considering the last leg of the Rundfahrt (Heidelberg to Wiesbaden) but not sure yet (May not even be in country ) As for the Strahlung Pur, sorry, but I'll be on the Ring that day

Will let you know when we've decided on the Rundfahrt

Old 05-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SpiderX
I need the center carbon fiber dash section from Hamann and I can't get them to answer my emails..... the center section that goes aroung the tach and the two air vents only..... would one of you please see if it is available and what it would cost....please......did I say please...yes I think I did......
SpiderX,
I've been thinking of looking into those bits as well, just haven't had time to call Hamann (See my "not sure if I'll be in-country" comment above ) So... no promises, but if I ever get off my a$$ and check, I'll be sure to post any info

Old 05-03-2006, 02:48 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Drillslinger
SpiderX,
I've been thinking of looking into those bits as well, just haven't had time to call Hamann (See my "not sure if I'll be in-country" comment above ) So... no promises, but if I ever get off my a$$ and check, I'll be sure to post any info
Thanks..... I am not in a hurry but would like to complete the dash at some point so anything you do will be apppreciated

Bob

Old 05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
One day left till Strahlung Pur IV !!! And the stopping point for the Deutschlandrundfahrt.

Will I see anyone there? Anyone from this forum going?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Sorry Rudy, I was gonna try to make the Heidelberg to Wiesbaden leg, but will be in Frankfurt and Hanau all day Friday

Y'all have fun though

Old 05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Keine Problem. There is plenty more events coming up. I am sure to see you at one of those. Just finished up my last leg today. Got some great battle scars... Cracked Windshield, Smashed rear end bumber, and a dented rim... Oh the fun of Motoring...

Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be too sure of that I just found out that I'm 45 days out from PCS-ing to Alabama

Looks like I'll be making an appointment to ship the MINI as soon as my orders come in AND now there's a rush on selling my A3

Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
BUMMER !!! That sucks dude. Theres a void now in the club. Guess you will be going to 'AMVIV, MOTD, and MOTM'.

You will certainly be missed. One less MINI in Deutchland !

Good luck to you in your travels. Don't forget us back here...

Old 06-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
No worries, the Frau's Deutsch so it'll be hard to forget it
I've already MapQuest-ed the Dragon too I'll be in Huntsville so it's not THAT far

Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Hey Rudy, I just read your write-up on Motoring File Great job and you've successfully made me quite sorry that I missed it

Old 06-23-2006, 07:53 AM
AlexMaxGor
Neutral
Hello from Germany. Greetings to the US Mini owner.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:16 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Greetings AlexMaxGor... Glad you joined. I'll try to keep everyone a part of this forum updated with the latest events. Nothing as of right now... Philip may be able to fill you in if you are interested in becoming a more active member in Germany.

Always good to hear from fellow MINI owners...

Originally Posted by AlexMaxGor
Hello from Germany. Greetings to the US Mini owner.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:04 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
GLP at Nurburgring

MINI Maniacs,

NEWS UPDATE for MOTORING EVENTS in Germany

Event: GLP / Pirelli New MINI Trophy
When: July 15th
Starts: 0830
Where: Nurburgring / Nordeschleifel (The Green Hell)

For more information including registration forms and schedule of events go to: http://www.glp1.de/

US NATO plated MINI's can not participate but can come out and enjoy an afternoon of MINI racing. This event is alot of fun to watch and create some great friendships with our German brothers. If you have a German plated car, then you will need to find out if its not to late to register. Philip has more details. This race includes all skill levels proving to be an exciting day of racing.

Cross your fingers as I will hopefully be co-piloting a liquid yellow MINI (sorry Todd).

As always, please feel free to post in this thread.

RudyT aka Lord of the Autobahn, Hairpin turns, and S Curves

Old 07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Motor Weekend in The Eifel

MINI Maniacs...

--Event Posting--

Eifel Motor Weekend
Sponsored by Spangdahlem AB, Germany and the 52nd Services Squadron

When: July 21 thru July 23
Starting at 1600.
Schedule of Events attached.

If you do not have a military ID and would like to join, contact me via PM or post and I will sign you on base.

All American and German friends please join me in this Motor Filled weekend. Lets show a strong presence in MINI's. Its a great chance to show off our fun packed cars. I will be showing off the only SP/S US spec Checkmate that I know of in Germany. I will also be broadcasting the world's favorite MINI podcast, whiteroofradio from our favorite trio, Db, Gabe, and Todd. I will also be sporting the newest grille badges for viewing.

Plus a poker run (with Special MINI section pending participation), and a photo opp to have your MINI photographed in front of an A-10 warhog and F-16 fighting falcon. Time to get out that Zaino and Zymol. If I have enough MINI's, I have plans to do a MINI tour through the Eifel, sporting the best of sights that Germany and the Eifel has to offer.

If you are intersted and want to participate or you have any questions, please PM me. I look forward to seeing some MINI's out there.

RudyT

Attached Files
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
MGear
5th Gear
This is amazing I am already scheuled to be at the Ring on the 14th, 15th and 16th of July with my US Spec JCWS (UK Registered Mini) this sounds like it will be a great day! Do I need to pre-register or is my car (with a large American flag on the roof) not allowed?

Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
I am not sure but I will check to see. Since its UK registered, it shouldn't be a problem. Are you participating in the GLP event?

Look for a US spec Checkmate. That will be me. Saturday is going to be a blast.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
MGear
5th Gear
Okay everything is set we are headed to the Ring on Friday morning and I just found out that Pirelli and Mini of Germany have the entire track reserved for Saturday! If anyone from NAM is there I will be there too you can't miss me I will probably be the only Mini there with a custom American roof flag!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
I just found out from Philip that only German registered cars can participate in the GLP Race sponsored by Pirelli on Saturday. Its just for Saturday though and after the event, they will be opening the track up to all people and tourists. Here are the hours for "open and all" cars:

Datum:
Friday, 14.07.2006
von 14:15 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
Datum:
Saturday, 15.07.2006
von 17:30 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
Datum:
Sunday, 16.07.2006
von 08:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr

I won't be there Friday, I have to work but I will certainly be there on Saturday from 0730 till sundown. . Its going to be awesome ! I'll bring my camera...

Old 07-13-2006, 07:23 AM
PhilipHubs
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MGear
Okay everything is set we are headed to the Ring on Friday morning and I just found out that Pirelli and Mini of Germany have the entire track reserved for Saturday! If anyone from NAM is there I will be there too you can't miss me I will probably be the only Mini there with a custom American roof flag!
We'll be doing the GLP run on Saturday.
The start is around 9:20 and the last participant should be in around 13:00.

If you like an early start, meet us around 8:45 at the Tourist Entry. I'm on a HyperBlue MCS with start number 187. Rudy will be co-piloting with Thomas how owns an all liquid yeloow Cooper. Make sure to bring your camera!

Oh and anyone with a German registration can still participate. Simply meet us at 7:30 at the Tourist Entry Gate.
Last minute starting fee is at 190 EUR plus 16 EUR per person if you don't have an official racing license Type NA.

Cheers
Philip

Quick Reply: Call out for Germany MINI owners