North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Europe (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/europe-35/)
-   -   Call out for Germany MINI owners (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/europe/2173-call-out-for-germany-mini-owners.html)

shaskan 10-10-2002 06:27 AM

Call out for Germany MINI owners

Just a quick call out to Mini owners in Germany.

Southwest Germany for me.

Cheers :smile:

Cami 11-16-2002 01:31 AM

Hi!
We're in central Germany :smile:
We currently have a '71 Leyland Mini and our DS/B S has a delivery date of Jan 03 (I cant' wait)
Cami :smile:

Ammoman 11-16-2002 02:05 PM

Good to see some other Mini fans in my neck of the woods. I'm in the South Western part of the country. I have a 1990 MK II mini with a DS/B MCS fully loaded due in Jan 03. Can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

DRM

Heff 09-14-2003 10:38 AM

Also a quick hello from germany to the Mini-Owners in the US

I drive a 2003 MCS in black/white. Never had a car with more fun in the face while driving. Hope for some replys from the US.

CU

number_twelve 04-24-2004 11:56 PM

2004 DS/DS in Frankfurt. Moving to Tacoma, Washington in May though.

Dano04 07-08-2004 11:59 AM

I am located in Kaiserlautern Germany. I have a 2004 MCS fully loaded. Hope to meet up with other MINI lovers here in Germany. Please IM or e-mail me sometime.

kramseib 01-31-2005 11:06 AM

Kaiserslautern here! :thumbsup:

loesches 07-22-2005 10:12 PM

Noticed there hasn't been any posts here in awhile. Any American's in Germany want to get together for a drive? Just curious. I am in the Heidelberg/Manheim area.

whisenant 07-23-2005 03:12 AM

When I get back, I'll look you up. I'm stationed in Kitzingen/Wurzburg area...maybe when can work a ride out somehow.

Originally Posted by loesches
Noticed there hasn't been any posts here in awhile. Any American's in Germany want to get together for a drive? Just curious. I am in the Heidelberg/Manheim area.

MGear 07-23-2005 04:22 AM

How About The Nurburgring?

I am an American in the UK with a 2002 JCWS Cooper and anxious to get to the Nurburgring sometime in the next five years. Any US Mini owners interested in doing a Nurburgring run?

loesches 07-23-2005 05:14 AM

Definitely interested in doing the Nurburgring. Let's see how many we can get together for it. Any one else interested?

Whisenant stay safe downrange and I am sure your wife is taking quite good care of your mini right now! :thumbsup: Problem is, she probably won't give it back to you when you get back! :eek2:

MGear 07-23-2005 06:31 AM

Anybody have an idea on how long the drive is from London to the Nurburgring?

camelpilot 07-23-2005 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MGear
Anybody have an idea on how long the drive is from London to the Nurburgring?

The driving distance from London Heathrow to Nurburgring is 638 kilometres.
Depending on your speed, the time will take between 4-6 hours.

Fuel aint cheap there, 6.50USD a gallon approximately. Probably better (and quicker) to train it...unless of course you're tracking your car.

Let me know if you need directions.

MGear 07-23-2005 08:49 AM

Well that's a lot closer than I would have thought camelpilot. The 4 to 5 hours is total travel time yes, does that include time in the tunnel? Gasoline is pretty much a fact of life over here I'm not going to let that stop me. It costs about $65.00 a tank full in the UK. I live about 45 minutes north of Heathrow so that's a decent point of origin.

Since I want to drive the Nurburgring driving is the only option.

I will take you up on your offer of directions if it's not too much trouble:smile:

camelpilot 07-23-2005 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by MGear
Well that's a lot closer than I would have thought camelpilot. The 4 to 5 hours is total travel time yes, does that include time in the tunnel? Gasoline is pretty much a fact of life over here I'm not going to let that stop me. It costs about $65.00 a tank full in the UK. I live about 45 minutes north of Heathrow so that's a decent point of origin.

Since I want to drive the Nurburgring driving is the only option.

I will take you up on your offer of directions if it's not too much trouble:smile:

Give me the PostCode of your departure location, and I can give you accurate directions. I'll take you to a nice little Inn near the Nurburgring.

MGear 07-24-2005 11:58 PM

My post code is:

HP16 9PW

Thanks Camelpilot

mcswrks 07-25-2005 12:35 AM

were getting ready for our annual trip to deutschland (my father is german) and one of my things on the to-do list is also the nurburgring. (as well as renting a mini.) The trip will be in mid november of this year. (2005)

MGear 07-25-2005 02:50 AM

Hmmm sounds interesting Mcswrks I would prefer going with at least one other Mini, driving through Europe with an American Flag plastered across my roof is too much of a tempting target these days.

I see from your location you are in Birmingham yes? You are about 45 to 60 minutes north of me so it would be easy enough to hook up on your way south. The only problem I have are dates, the entire first half of November I am either traveling to the states or need to be home in the UK from the 1st to the 18th of November. Can you be a bit more specific about your dates or is it a bit too early?

mcswrks 07-25-2005 11:24 AM

Mgear, I hope realize I am in birmingham, alabama...:lol:
The dates for the trip are scheduled as nov. 9-17. We wont be going only for the nurburgring; the reason were going in the first place is for my fathers 30 highschool renunion in luneburg, and about 10 extra days to do whatever.

MGear 07-25-2005 03:10 PM

That's pretty funny mcsworks, Birmingham, Alabama is much further away than Birmingham, England! Say if you are interested and can find a new issue of "EVO" magazine the August 2005 issue has a fabulous in-depth article on the Nurburgring and how to drive it, the article is a must for anyone interested in running this track:thumbsup:

mcswrks 07-25-2005 10:39 PM

This would be good...The only experience I have anyway is of online videos and gran turismo 4. I'll look for it tommorow.

I also hear its good to go early in the morning on weekdays, because on weekends the track is so jam-packed it isnt even funny.

Cecil Davis 09-14-2005 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by shaskan
Just a quick call out to Mini owners in Germany.

Southwest Germany for me.

Cheers :smile:

I'm a new 2006 Mini (JCW) S owner with an estimatied delivery time frame of ~ the end of October 2005.

Currently living and working in Heidleberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany. Can't wait to get my new wheels out on the Autobahns and see what she'll do.

Cecil
Hometown: Ft Laurdale, Florida
Born In: Alexandria, Virginia

daflake 09-20-2005 02:17 AM

Hey all,

I work with Cecil and have also ordered a MCS with all options (minus JCW). I would be interested in locating some of our German bretheren that are interested in doing a little touring in Europe. I think that it would be a total blast. So, if you are still active here, post away so that we can possibly plan it out. My '06 should be delived by the end of October. :thumbsup:

Dano04 09-20-2005 05:55 AM

I a m still located in Germany. i would like to do the tour Europe. I am located in Waldmohr. But I work over at Ramstein AB. If anybody nows where that is at. Well, Keep me posted.

daflake 09-21-2005 02:29 AM

Hey Dano04!

Both Cecil and myself work in Heidelberg and know where Ramstein is. We may have to get a small group together and plan a motoring trip (winding roads and such). :smile:

What model do you have?