Emerald MINI Car Club (Eugene, OR) A Non-Profit MINI Car Club serving the Southern Willamette Valley in Oregon. Visit our website at www.emeraldmc2.com.

Welcome to EMC2

Old 12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to EMC2

Welcome to EMC2 (Emerald MINI Car Club)!!!

Who is EMC2? We are a non-profit MINI Car Club based in the Southern Willamette Valley. Our website is up and running (http://emeraldmc2.com/). By non-profit, I mean that we do not charge any dues or fees to join.

Right now, our website doesn't have a lot of content on it as I've been working on a new design/layout (it is actually very sparse at the moment as I put content back into it). Over the next 2-4 weeks I should be able to fill it out with more content. I will be adding in a photo gallery and other components soon.

Our website is a community website, what does this mean? It means that our members can easily submit content and have it published on the site!

We should have group events every couple of months....all are invited! We are a group of MINI enthusiasts who enjoy getting together and sharing our love of MINIs.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 12-06-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Congratulations, Gary. Glad to see you got a group started up there. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some of us Douglas County drivers to return the favor of having you come down here and we'll be able to join you on some of your runs.

I see it didn't take the Mini lawyers long to see your logo and give you a friendly suggestion to come up with a new one.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
minibeel
Coordinator :: PDX MINI
I think MINI should come up with an official you-can-use-this-logo logo. Something similar to the wings that all MINI clubs could use.

dan

Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Sowellman
Congratulations, Gary. Glad to see you got a group started up there. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some of us Douglas County drivers to return the favor of having you come down here and we'll be able to join you on some of your runs.

I see it didn't take the Mini lawyers long to see your logo and give you a friendly suggestion to come up with a new one.
Thanks John! That would be fantastic, I will of course send out messages when we have any upcoming runs and of course I'll continue to activately participate in the UmpquaMini group.

Actually, I knew the logo was probably trademarked which is why I submitted my idea to them before I ever put it up on the site or used it. I don't know if they ever would have found out about the usage of it but I thought it would was a much safer idea to do the CYA thing.

Originally Posted by minibeel
I think MINI should come up with an official you-can-use-this-logo logo. Something similar to the wings that all MINI clubs could use.

dan
Yes, that would be fantastic if they did, but I doubt they will. I probably should get around to sending in the application for PDX MINI that I have . I think it is always a good idea when neighboring clubs have close relationships with each other .

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 12-06-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
I probably should get around to sending in the application for PDX MINI that I have :wink
Hey, join the club. I sent in my application in October, since they have a carryover policy during the last three months of the year.

The PDX club is supposed to be planning a "Ring of Fire" tour next summer with the northern California group. Would include the dormant volcanos of northern California, Oregon and Washington.

Gary, I've seen that you've mentioned the AMVIV meet; have you also given consideration to the Magical Mystery Mini Tour in San Francisco next September? I'm interested in that one.

http://www.magicalmysteryminitour.com/

Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Signed Up

I signed up today for EMC2...looking forward to the first event!

Old 05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
ElectronGuru
Neutral
Hello From Eugene

Still getting use to my new Mini, I'll be watching out for upcoming events!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ElectronGuru
Welcome to the group. Hope to see you at a drive.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by ElectronGuru
Our next group event is tentatively scheduled for Sat. June 21st. If you haven't joined our Yahoo Group please visit our public site and follow the link to join the group.

We are looking forward to seeing you for future events!

Cheers!
Gary

Old 07-06-2008, 12:33 AM
SimpsonGI
I should be receiving our first batch of window stickers and grille badges the middle of next week. Shoot me an email or PM if you are interested in purchasing one or both of them.

I'm also investigating a couple of companies to provide us with club apparel. One company is in Maryland and the other is in Eugene. I haven't gotten any details from the Eugene company yet but I'd prefer to give the business to a local company. I should be able to provide additional information within a week or two.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
eliteclub
Neutral
Hi,
I'm Peter from Hungary but I'm on training here in Eugene.
I bought for my MINI a Vmaxx coilover set but I can not bring home because it can not be taken to the plane so I would like to sell it.
It is brand new,in box never used.
So if anybody intrested write me an email.

Thanks

Peter

Old 05-09-2009, 04:55 PM
CZ Mate
3rd Gear
Hey Everyone, Just wanted to start making some new Mini Friends. Will be buying a mini hopefully this tuesday. I'm 24yr old male from Eugene and my Wife is 20yr old. Once we get our Mini would love to join your club. Will post pic of Mini we are looking at buying soon. well just wanted to say "Hi"

Old 05-09-2009, 05:01 PM
CZ Mate
3rd Gear
Here is the Mini we are looking to get, as long as that the pre buy expection goes good on Monday. its a 04 Cooper S, with 49,000 miles on it, 6 Speed, with Cold weather pkg and Sport pkg. What you guys think??

Last edited by CZ Mate; 09-04-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:02 AM
SimpsonGI
It looks to be in great shape. If you get it, don't forget to join our club by following the link to the Yahoo Group from our public website (http://emeraldmc2.com) We have a group run coming up this Saturday, May 16th. We are meeting in the Target parking lot on West 11th starting around 9:15 AM. We leave the lot at 9:40 to go on a 2 hour group run (90 minutes or so on a nice twisty road) on our way out to a noon lunch at King Estates Winery. Cheers!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:28 PM
CZ Mate
3rd Gear
Well good news bought the Mini the other day, would love to go fopr that drive but work that night b4 and that night, but was thinking about just meetin you guys at target to say hi, since i live on bailey hill, then i can go home and go to bed. just made a yahoo acount and sign up for the club. cant wait to meet u all.