Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Garmin Steet Pilot c330 (pooped out)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garmin Steet Pilot c330 (pooped out)

Just got my Garmin c330 hooked up in my mini today! This thing rocks, super simple to use, easy to see, very accurate....works great! ...until about 25 mins later when the touch screen completely stopped working.

I dont blame Garmin, im just cursed with bad luck.

Infact i notified Garmin of the problem and they tried to help me fix it. After a while with no success they offered to replace it free of charge providing i mail in my current one and everything that came in the box. They also gave me their mailing account number so i could overnite it to their main store free of charge on my end. They said they would send out a new one as soon as they received my broken one.

So...for the short time i did have it working, i absolutely loved my c330. I hope it doesnt take too long to get a new one so i can once again navigate through this crazy new city of Las vegas.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
royal4mac
4th Gear
I sail, so I know Garmin gear pretty well. I bought the 330 because it was the cheapest thing I could find for basic navigation. LOVE IT. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it does what it does fast and cheap. I fly to another part of the country, throw it on the dash of the rental car...30 secs..."ok, where do you want to go?"

Dunno' what the deal is with your touch screen, maybe just bad unit/screen. I haven't had any issues in about 4 months and alot of use.

Keep us informed.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I believe its a bad unit and so does the tech guys at Garmin.

I tried turning the unit off and back on.
I tried reseting the unit.
I tried a master reset by pushing in the lower right of the screen holding the power button and releasing the power button once the unit is on, while holding the lower right.

I think something just may have pooped out internally with the unit and now the touch screen portion no longer functions.

It will still turn on/off but you can not access the buttons on the screen because it doesnt seem to be working.

I plan to overnite my broken unit tomorrow morning, so hopefully it wont take long to get a new one.