Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical GBMini's circuit & modification

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBMini's circuit & modification

Anyone know how easy it would be to mod the GBMini circuit to have the auto-disable DCS and such hooked up to a jumper or toggle or something.

I know it's not too difficult to toggle the automatic feature on and off but I think something like a jumper that could be rigged to a switch would be a little bit more elegant solution. That way I could install the circuit and rig a little switch under the toggle bank to enable/disable the functionality. (you know, something really inconspicuous and out of the way).

Old 05-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you want to turn off the track mode function, hold your unlock button up for at least 5 seconds, then while still holding it up, press your DSC toggle down.
If just want to turn DSC on (say, if it's raining), hit your DSC toggle once in either direction.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 PM
aminicooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CmdrVimes
Anyone know how easy it would be to mod the GBMini circuit to have the auto-disable DCS and such hooked up to a jumper or toggle or something.

I know it's not too difficult to toggle the automatic feature on and off but I think something like a jumper that could be rigged to a switch would be a little bit more elegant solution. That way I could install the circuit and rig a little switch under the toggle bank to enable/disable the functionality. (you know, something really inconspicuous and out of the way).
Um... doesn't this sound like the way it comes from factory? A switch to toggle enable/disable functionality.

Either way, have you tried asking the question to the source of the GBMini circuit... himself?

Old 05-27-2005, 06:31 PM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
Originally Posted by Argo
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you want to turn off the track mode function, hold your unlock button up for at least 5 seconds, then while still holding it up, press your DSC toggle down.
If just want to turn DSC on (say, if it's raining), hit your DSC toggle once in either direction.
yeah, I know, it's not that hard to enable disable, but what i'm looking to see if it was possible to modify it even farther to make it even easier to enable/disable the automatic DSC functionality.

Originally Posted by aminicooper
...have you tried asking the question to the source of the GBMini circuit... himself?
I was hoping he frequented here and would be able to anser this.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
He does frequent here but dropping him an email is the best way. He is extremely friendly and helpful. I now have the Auto-up windows on our two MINIs.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to my friend Josh, I can now answer this ...

(yes I am on NAM, but as mdsbrain said, I don't see every post so a question direct might be best ... plus I have been away since Friday).

If I understand correctly, your best option CmdrVimes would be to cut the signal on the MINI circuit board which causes "track mode DSC" to occur. You could then wire an on/off switch to re-make / break that signal.
If you contact me direct (GBMINI@MINIsOnTop.com) I can give you details of exactly where to cut the track if you wish to go that way - then you need to have the soldering skills to add two wires to the circuit board, and take them to the switch that you install elsewhere.