Electrical Door, puddle lights, Mini logo projection, F55

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 10:24 AM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Door, puddle lights, Mini logo projection, F55

Hey, has anyone found reasonably priced door lights that project the Mini emblem on the ground, that actually FIT the F55 model?? I got a set from Amazon that said it fits the F55, but the electrical connector was completely different; like the new one has two connectors, while my car uses 3 wires, with a completely different shaped plug. I paid a whopping $13 on Amazon, whereas MiniM@nia wants 150 freaking dollars for two little lights, which is about stupid.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
https://www.gobadges.com/led-door-li...door-light.htm

currently
SALE PRICE: $19.99

regularPRICE: $26.99

Gen2 MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S:

...... all I think ....

Gen3 MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S (Wire Adapters included):

F55 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door
F55 MINI Cooper Hardtop 4 Door

F56 MINI Cooper HatchbackF56S MINI Cooper S Hatchback

I have had these on my R59 for several years and put a set on a friends F56 (included adapters work fine) ... install about 2 min per side

hint - order some extra lens ... I get at best a year b4 they fade and or crack but not expensive and relace takes about 1 minute. Only complaint is sometimes they run low and choices can be few. selection looks good right now.

The following users liked this post:
ToolmanMini (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 12:06 PM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear
Red face

Originally Posted by Capt_bj

currently

...... all I think ....

I have had these on my R59 for several years and put a set on a friends F56 (included adapters work fine) ... install about 2 min per side

hint - order some extra lens ... I get at best a year b4 they fade and or crack but not expensive and relace takes about 1 minute. Only complaint is sometimes they run low and choices can be few. selection looks good right now.

Thank you so much!!! Yes, those little adapters explain and solve my problem perfectly, I'm sure. Which made me look at mine again, wondering why I didn't get those little adapters. But, *shame*, I did. I didn't even see them thru the static bag, under the lights, when I pulled a light out trying to make it work.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:22 PM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear

currently

...... all I think ....

Capt_bj (first, why do I feel dirty typing that), you make it sound like one can get just a small lens piece, rather than a whole light set. If that's the case, where do you get extra lenses? Or am I misinterpreting that.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:31 PM
lonewolf170
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You will get the whole piece. The lens are able to be taken out and swapped out for different images. The image can get burned out if the doors are left open and stuff. I got some from mini mania but they don't appear to have the ones i bought anymore. Mine are the actual mini logo, thankfully did not pay $150.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
so sorry you're apt to giggle at certain names ... my initials are BJ (like the guy in MASH) and I'm a retired USCG Captain

and this is the second time in 10 years I've had to explain this so I suggest you review your opinions

BUT ... OTOH had you looked at the site I linked you'd see

https://www.gobadges.com/led-door-li...ment-parts.htm

REPLACEMENT LENSES for LED DOOR PUDDLE LIGHTS (2 Sets)PRICE: $6.99
SALE PRICE: $5.99

p.s. ... I've blocked you so don't bother to say thanks

Old 02-13-2019, 05:20 PM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear

p.s. ... I've blocked you so don't bother to say thanks
Wow, that was an over reaction.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:53 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Some folks don’t like people making fun of their names albeit ever so slightly. I get where he’s coming from as my name is Jaja and have been called HaHa, JoJo, JayJay and the worse JarJar Binx. Doesn’t bother me, I just say that’s not my name and move on.

I don’t get his need to block you tho, but hey the world is made up of many many different people. Apologise and move.

Jaja aka Binxy

Old 02-21-2019, 04:43 PM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 6FT6
Some folks don’t like people making fun of their names albeit ever so slightly. I get where he’s coming from as my name is Jaja and have been called HaHa, JoJo, JayJay and the worse JarJar Binx. Doesn’t bother me, I just say that’s not my name and move on.

I don’t get his need to block you tho, but hey the world is made up of many many different people. Apologise and move.

Jaja aka Binxy
And I hated my last name (Leslie), while growing up, it's become a girl's name over the last hundred years. I too just learned to deal with it. Then I grew up, and totally stopped worrying about it. I would have apologized, but when he blocked me, he wouldn't see it. Oh well! I honestly thought it was a picked-for-humor username.

charrigan (02-25-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 12:01 AM
6FT6
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ToolmanMini
And I hated my last name (Leslie), while growing up, it's become a girl's name over the last hundred years. I too just learned to deal with it. Then I grew up, and totally stopped worrying about it. I would have apologized, but when he blocked me, he wouldn't see it. Oh well! I honestly thought it was a picked-for-humor username.
Yup, oh well.

charrigan (02-25-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 04:54 AM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Do not apologize, there is no need for it as you did nothing wrong. He/she used a pseudonym and got some light playful banter in response to it. My real name attracts attention all the time in the real world and i love the attention. Seriously, if he really was a captain in any army you would think his skin would be just a bit thicker. It seems that the world is being run by kids who are getting upset and stamp their feet when they do something stupid and get called out on it.

The following 2 users liked this post by I like mini clubman's:
charrigan (02-25-2019), ToolmanMini (02-25-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 08:18 AM
weaverpsu
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Did mine

I'm thinking of maybe turning them or inserting them the opposite way if the cord will allow it because the projection seems very close to the door, almost getting cut off with door open to 2nd stop. It still looks awesome so I might be over thinking it.

Facing in a way where person getting in sees it correctly. Might turn so it matches front of car

Old 03-08-2019, 08:26 AM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by weaverpsu
I'm thinking of maybe turning them or inserting them the opposite way if the cord will allow it because the projection seems very close to the door, almost getting cut off with door open to 2nd stop. It still looks awesome so I might be over thinking it.

Facing in a way where person getting in sees it correctly. Might turn so it matches front of car
I don't know, it looks totally cool the way it is. But, if you felt like turning it, you probably could; the little adapter wire (if you used that) added a lot of length to the cable.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:35 PM
weaverpsu
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks. No adapter wire came with mine. It's easy to just pop out so I'll tinker with it when its dark out.